Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Jun 08, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Don’t touch the money – Day 8 Monday 9th June 2008.

We didn’t wake up until 9.45 this morning. We reluctantly got up and went off for our last breakfast at this great hotel. Bill wasn’t feeling so good today, he had stomach cramps and had a headache too. A lot of people had had similar symptoms during the week and we really hoped Bill would feel better before we had to leave for the airport. Bill just had toast for breakfast and I had my usual yoghurt, fruit and pastries. We then returned to the room where Bill got back into bed and fell asleep while I finished off the packing. We had to vacate the room at 12 and were being bussed to the airport at 2, which we thought was pretty good. Just before 12 a bellman came to collect our luggage and took it to reception. We left the room at 12 and checked out. We sat in the lobby with two other couples who were also being collected at 2.

Bill felt a bit better but was not right. I don’t think I even saw him admire his feet once so he must have been off colour. The time passed quickly as we chatted and the coach picked us up at 2 as promised. It was a short drive to the airport, picking up at one other hotel on the way.

Once at the airport we were checked in very quickly, were then through security very quickly and making our way to the ‘free shop’. How fantastic we thought – a free shop . We had a quick look around the free shop before buying a bottle of water each and settling down to wait for our fight – which was showing as delayed In the end the delay was only 30 minutes, and we were in no time it seemed boarding to return home. The captain announced the flight time to Newcastle would be 5 hours and 45 minutes which made me groan. I hated the thought of being so cramped for all of that time. Once again I was in the middle seat between Bill and a very tall man. Both Bill and the tall man had their legs firmly wedged in the side of the seats in front. As soon as the seat belt sign went off all 3 passengers in the row in front of us reclined, or tried to. The guy in front of me was able to as my legs were not in the way. The other two couldn’t though due to Bill’s and the tall passengers long legs. It was a very uncomfortable flight home, although Bill managed to sleep all of the way – lucky Bill! The good thing was we were flying in to Newcastle and would land around 10 and be home within the hour, that thought made it a lot more bearable for me. As it happened we landed at 9.40, it didn’t take long at all for the luggage to arrive, then we were through customs, out of the airport and in to a taxi. We were home by 10.20 which was great.
Final thoughts. We both had a fantastic holiday. We always intended it to be a holiday just to relax and it was great doing just that. We love our holidays in the US and this was just so different. We loved loafing about, chilling at the pool, at the beach or in the bar. While we enjoy the theme parks and shopping malls of Florida it was great not feeling under pressure to be out doing something.
The Egyptian people were so helpful and friendly. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. We are so pleased we didn’t ever cancel this holiday, and hope to go back again in January or February next year. We just can’t wait to repeat it all again

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Poor Bill, what a nightmare feeling unwell on the long journey home. Hope he is feeling better now. I've really enjoyed reading your trippie and it sounds like you both had a lovely relaxing time.
Old 11 Jun 08, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Bill is fine now thanks Susie. We did have a lovely relaxing holiday, which was just what we needed
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Glad you had such a good relaxing and enjoyable holiday, and glad Bill soon felt better. Have only heard people saying positive things about Egypt. Would like to visit one day but not DW's cup of tea.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sue.o
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for sharing! It looks a lovely hotel.
sue.o is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you for writing these trip reports, it sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you had such a good time, i must admit i am not really looking forward to the heat in july but i only plan to relax as much as i can.
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Have loved reading your reports hun, gosh that second picture bought back some sad memories for me it is of the pyramid hospital where I spent 4 days of my holiday in ICU I remember waking up and rich saying - faye the hospital is shamed like a pyramid - almost being excited by it all am off to read the last report -aww sad they are over x
Old 12 Jun 08, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Glad you had a relaxing time ...thanks for the great trippies

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

As always enjoyed reading your reports. Sounds like you had a lovely, relaxing week in Egypt
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List