Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 10, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Days 19 & 20

Tuesday 12th January

I woke up this morning feeling a lot better. As we were meeting Randy (our photographer) at 11am in the lobby it was a nice and slow start to the day. We met Randy as planned and he gave us our wedding photos. We left Randy with a see ya in September and took our photos back to the room before heading out to the Outlet Mall.

We didn't buy as much as we had in past years, partly because I was till feeling ill, partly becuase of the exchange rate, and partly because we didn't see that much we wanted to buy. We had lunch in the food court while we were there. We continued the shopping over at DTD. We decided to eat at TGI's over at Crossroads. As we parked I said to Mike lets go into Footlocker as he wanted new trainers but hadn't found any he'd liked. He was all "no, its fine, lets eat" but I insisted that while we were there we should pop in. Of course he found a pair he liked and he got them, the two women working there spotted our badges and asked us about our wedding. After paying we went into TGI's and had a nice meal before heading back to AKL and bed as I was tired.

Sorry no photos today.

Wednesday 13th January

This is going to be a very short report as I have no photos again and cannot actually remember what we did! I think we must have gone to AK in the morning and then perhaps DTD for lunch as I know we had an EoS near the end of the trip. We may have also popped to DHS.

Sorry worst TR ever!
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Day 21

Thursday 14th January

Normal service returns today as I have photos so know what we did! But before I continue I forgot to say on our last Epcot day we bought this with the Gift Card Mandy (Mandymouse) very kindly gave us for our wedding.

And while we are talking about shopping here is another purchase we made with another gift card we got.

So back to today, we went to DHS. We rode all the rides and saw the shows but mainly today we got lots of photos with characters.

It was great to see the UP characters as we'd watched that film on the plane on the way here, and as the characters don't appear anymore it was great to get that in. We also had fun with Woody as he kept playing with my veil.

Today also had one of my fav moments from the trip. While watching the parade Boo came and pulled me over to dance with her. I had SO much fun dancing about in the parade. Here we are doing the YMCA.

We ended our day by drawing the man himself, we'd never done this before but I really enjoyed it. Mike's is the first one.

Sorry no idea what we did for food but I think we ended up at DTD again today. If it wasn't today it was yesterday and we made a big purchase. All trip long we had wanted to buy some art as a memento of our wedding and honeymoon so we went into the Pop Art shop at DTD and found not one but several pieces we liked, we talked about it for a while and to one of the CMs there but left the shop without buying anything as we wanted to think about it. We walked for about 30 seconds turned back and picked one to buy. We decided on this one as we have a bit of a bridge theme going in our living room and because the couple in it look like a bride and groom. We had a long discussion about framing and shipping but decided just to take it unframed in our suitcase. This is what we got, it is now framed and is hung with a B&W wedding photo of us either side of it in matching frames whch looks beautiful.

Edited at 02:02 PM.
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Love all the pics! The character ones are fab! The things you bought from your gift cards were lovely and that photo looks lovely, I imagine it looks very eye catching with B&W wedding pics!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Love the art work!
Great photos
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Day 22

Friday 15th January

Our last full day in Orlando started with Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We got great character interaction and a free cupcake. It was a great way to start the day.

We spent some time in the shop and having a look round the resort until it was time for DH's Wedding present. I had got him the Richrd Petty Driving experience. Mike loved it. My job was to take photos and film it, it is very hard to take photos of cars going at great speeds.

After he'd finished and they'd got their lap times etc it was time for some mini golf. An excellent oppertunity to do a silly pose.

It was during mini golf that DH sat on our camera and it stopped working. Back at the AKL it was time to start packing. Mike kept out of my way while I crammed all our stuff into our bags, I knew at least one must be over the magic number but couldn't do anything about it. Our ADR for our last night was at the Cali Grill. We arrived and were told they were running late, we said that was no problem we'd have a drink at the bar, I wanted a final Very Berry Punch but they didn't do it, so I had a cosmo. The drinks weren't even poured when our buzzer went off, I went over to the podium leaving Mike to get the drinks but then they wouldn't seat me without him and said we had to pay seperately. I wasn't impressed given that they were the ones who said they were running 25 minutes late. Anyway we were seated in the little side room and had a lovely meal and watched Wishes one final time.
Old 12 Jun 10, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
OMG that's so funny, DFi broke our camera on our last day last time! Back pocket + TOT = bad idea!
Sounds like a lovely day! That driving experience sounds fab. Do you know where I could get some more info about it?

**Edit - just told DFi after looking at the website. He's excited and wants to do it. I'll compromise since I am making him get up at 4am to do the bridal shoot!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 07:20 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 10, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

Really beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing your wedding/honeymoon with us!
Old 13 Jun 10, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
OMG that's so funny, DFi broke our camera on our last day last time! Back pocket + TOT = bad idea!
Sounds like a lovely day! That driving experience sounds fab. Do you know where I could get some more info about it?

**Edit - just told DFi after looking at the website. He's excited and wants to do it. I'll compromise since I am making him get up at 4am to do the bridal shoot!
He will def love love it and weddings are very girly so its a good "man" day.
Old 24 Jun 10, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Day 23

Saturday January 16th

Today we were going home from our honeymoon, and the end of our wedding trip which had been in planning since Oct 2007 was here.

It was an early start to drive over to DTD to check in at Virgin. I was quite worried about the weight of the cases but they didn't weigh them so I left with a big smile on my face.

We hightailed it over to the Magic Kingdom and breakfast in CRT. As I mentioned in yesterday's TR our camera packed up, I couldn't believe I wouldn't get any photos in CRT, but we remembered that our new video camera could take photos so we used that but they didn't come out very well.

After meeting Cinderella we went upstairs to our table, they had forgotten to put out the table confetti but they gave us some and I swept into my purse which I'd done where ever we got some and used it on the tables of our at home reception! We both ordered the omelette, but the server kept asking me if a wanted the french toast instead.

We were visited by Belle, Jasmine, Aurora and Snow White. I was quite disappointed by the character interaction it had been much better at Chef Mickey's yesterday. I made a wish on my star and we were the last to leave.

We wandered around MK but I felt really odd, I guess because I couldn't believe it was coming to an end so I wasn't really enjoying myself. We went on a few rides and had lunch somewhere but I couldn't tell you where oh yes I can I think it was Columbia Harbour House. The park was absolutely packed with Brazilian tour groups. Before I knew it the airport was beckoning. We left WDW property and returned our hire car at the airport. The flight was uneventful; I slept for a bit but felt worse when I woke up. DH's parents picked us up at the airport, but they came in his Mum's tiny car, and getting the 4 of us, 4 suitcases, 1 bag of wedding stuff, and a lasagne (that his Mum had made for our lunch) was very tricky. His Mum mentioned leaving a suitcase at the airport and popping back for it later! After eating the lasagne and saying goodbye to his parents we tried to get back to normality as we had work the next day. The fairytale was over and real life had begun (or at least until our next WDW trip).
Old 24 Jun 10, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

At Home Reception Photos

Greeting our guests:

Me & my DIS girls:

Cake:

Yes we know your taller than me:

1st dance number 2:

Your not my husband:

More dancing:

Closed Thread