Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 15, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Parent pressure lol

Think after watching you tube vids I've persuaded my two wimpy knickers kids to go on 7DMT and BTMR!

Although actually getting them on it when we get there might be a challenge. I hadn't realised the height restriction for 7DMT was as low as 97cm. DS is 4 and is about 102 I think.

One happy Mummy

Does anyone else "persuade" their kids on rides?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
No, it never works with mine. If I try and tell them it will be ok and they ought to try it they shut down and refuse. If I leave it up to them they get braver and braver by themselves!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

We, well me really, talked my DS10 into going on 7DMT in October as I thought he would fine. It's in Fanstasy Land, cant be too bad I thought. As we had the memory maker we got the video of us on the ride. His wee face! The panic. I knew at the time he wasnt happy on the ride but I didnt realise just how scared he was until I saw the video. I felt so bad. Wont ever make him go on anything he doesn't want to go on again.

He is quite a "wimpy knickers" kid tho.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are not long back. DS is 5. And is mega brave with some things then wimpy with others we booked a FP for sdmt for mid way through. He watched it go round a few times the first week then declared he was doing it. He loved it and talks about it all the time! Luckily we got a few other FP's for it so he went on a few times.
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm guilty of this, last time we went to Disneyland Paris my daughter was 1cm too short for Big Thunder Mountain. So in the bottom of her buggy we packed some high heeled shoes which made her over the height limit. She thought it was great as she had 'tricked the man'. There was no queues for it so we rode it 3 times without getting off and she thought it was fantastic!
She's now 46'' tall and is desperate to hit the 48'' by the time we go in Octobe. We now have a mark on the bathroom tiles of how tall she needs to be and she's measuring herself daily.
She's so determined to hit the height that her diet is the best it's ever been, loads a fruit and veg and a glass of milk before bed every night as she wants to grow taller. To be fair she wasn't bad with her food anyway but she's upped her fruit and veg intake drastically!
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

My daughter who's 7 has to sometimes be persuaded onto slides in parks, she will then not get off! We had a big slide into the pool two years ago when we were in Orlando and she braved it and then managed to do it 50+ times (yes she was counting!).

I would never take them on anything with big drops or expect them to go on something scary like the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean as I think they would scare them.
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Nope, DS (10) was a ride whimp till this year Had tried EE (when 8) and hated it, wouldn't try SM, RNR, TOT at all. Was a bit worried about this year as we were also doing Universal for the first time. He LOVED Hulk, Dragon Challenge, Rip Ride. He just decided himself it was time to try them. Best left to do it in their own time I think

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We took our 3 yr old Grandson on Mine train or the hi ho ride as he calls it last month..he was really keen after seeing it on Youtube.He was fine but cried when it stopped! He said he didn't like the hills. He went on Dinosaur,Spiderman,Transformers,Simpsons etc. You just don't know how they're going to be unless they try them!
Old 22 Jan 15, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
meandmyboy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I took ds on 7DMT in November when he was 3y9m. He hated it. Was terrified. It didn't help that as the train shot out the station and immediately went down a drop he whacked his head onto his seat back. I recommend putting an arm round little ones shoulders to give their head a cushion. He hated it so much he refused to go on it again. He is definitely a scaredy knickers! We had watched the youtube videos beforehand and he loved watching it go round when we got there. Just didn't enjoy the sensation in his tummy and the speed.
Oct/Nov 2017 - SoCal and Hawaii Adventure Trip Report
meandmyboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Maybe we will ride The Barnstormer first or the Shamu Express at SeaWorld and see how we get on. Can't decide whether to waste a fast pass on it now though!
Closed Thread