Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Sep 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm thinking that to get on this ride without a huge queue that it's better to keep an eye on the app for the afternoon wait times and try queueing then

Edited at 12:15 PM.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went on Monday 16th Sep. We got in IOA for 9.15 am. We were in the queue for Hagrid at this time and waited 2 and a half hours. It’s a good ride but a long time to wait. Never again!
May 15th Homewood Suites near Universal.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just got off this ride and it's brilliant! We joined the queue at 12.05 and it was showing as a 75min wait time and exactly 60mins later the ride was done and we were walking back to the lockers. The wait time is now showing as 120mins.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
Just got off this ride and it's brilliant! We joined the queue at 12.05 and it was showing as a 75min wait time and exactly 60mins later the ride was done and we were walking back to the lockers. The wait time is now showing as 120mins.
Forgot to mention that the ride wait times tend to be higher in the first couple of hours after park opening and then drop off around 11am ish. I set an alert on my phone to let me know when it was 90mins as there was no way I was queuing for 2 plus hours and by the time we got there it was only 75 mins.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

We got to Hagrids ride today at around 9.30, just as people were being let into the main queue.
It took us around 90 minutes to get onto the ride, queuing from halfway between the entrance and hagrids garden.

We came out around11, and went back on. This time the queue was at the interior sections and it took around 50 minutes or so.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We joined the queue at 10.30 this morning and it was posted as a 3 hour wait we were off after 45 mins.
Really good ride though

Edited at 01:19 AM.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I still don’t know how to go about doing this one. Whether to do it at park opening or wait until later in the day...
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LozSteelers View Post
I still don’t know how to go about doing this one. Whether to do it at park opening or wait until later in the day...
I tracked the queue times over a few days and it's always high - over 120 mins - just after opening, drops off around 11am and starts to rise again early to mid afternoon. I wouldnt leave it too late in the day as they do close entrance to the ride when they reach capacity. That happened to us the first time we tried to ride and went across from the Studios at 5pm park closure just to do that one ride. If you can, get the universal app and set an alert for something like 90mins as it gets to this point most days, I think. In my experience and it seems others too, you'll probably get on it sooner than 90mins. It's so worth it!
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
I'm thinking that to get on this ride without a huge queue that it's better to keep an eye on the app for the afternoon wait times and try queueing then
You can set an alert on the app to notify you when the queue goes below a certain amount.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
I tracked the queue times over a few days and it's always high - over 120 mins - just after opening, drops off around 11am and starts to rise again early to mid afternoon. I wouldnt leave it too late in the day as they do close entrance to the ride when they reach capacity. That happened to us the first time we tried to ride and went across from the Studios at 5pm park closure just to do that one ride. If you can, get the universal app and set an alert for something like 90mins as it gets to this point most days, I think. In my experience and it seems others too, you'll probably get on it sooner than 90mins. It's so worth it!
That’s not what we experienced. We got to the queue at 9.40am earlier this week and it was around 90 mins. We got off and went back on, to a queue of around 60 minutes.
I’d just check the app around 9.30/10am and see what it’s like.
If you’re willing to wait, join the queue. If not, enjoy the park and keep checking and come back later.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List