Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Sep 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I wouldn't go driving over to her uni to sort her rug for her.
I think if she is homesick then she needs to settle. Being ill is horrid and I completely understand you feeling worried.
However she's an adult and can manage to sort her rug when she's feeling a bit better, which I hope is very soon
I really don’t think she was physically sick because of homesickness, as she has been handling the bouts of homesickness well and was enthusiastic about starting her course today. I feel it was a bug, of which there seems to be many when they start university and live in shared accommodation

She could only throw her rug out as she couldn’t possibly dry a rug in her room so if it were an expensive rug then the only way to sort it would be to bring it home. She is perfectly capable of washing her duvet etc. I feel we probably will get her to throw the rug and buy a replacement as it was only £14, although my daughter hates waste and would prefer not to throw out a week old rug. However, she was really sick and accidents happen so I feel the rug will go.

I think she dealt with it really well and not everyone would go into lectures or on a field trip after being so ill.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I really don’t think she was physically sick because of homesickness, as she has been handling the bouts of homesickness well and was enthusiastic about starting her course today. I feel it was a bug, of which there seems to be many when they start university and live in shared accommodation

She could only throw her rug out as she couldn’t possibly dry a rug in her room so if it were an expensive rug then the only way to sort it would be to bring it home. She is perfectly capable of washing her duvet etc. I feel we probably will get her to throw the rug and buy a replacement as it was only £14, although my daughter hates waste and would prefer not to throw out a week old rug. However, she was really sick and accidents happen so I feel the rug will go.

I think she dealt with it really well and not everyone would go into lectures or on a field trip after being so ill.
Yes, credit where credit is due - she got herself up and into Uni so well done Georgia!

The rug can definitely go ... nobody likes waste but a sicky smelly rug ... ugh!

Hope she feels much better soon and you get some sleep tonight!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Yes, credit where credit is due - she got herself up and into Uni so well done Georgia!

The rug can definitely go ... nobody likes waste but a sicky smelly rug ... ugh!

Hope she feels much better soon and you get some sleep tonight!
I think she and I will feel better after a good night’s sleep. Luckily her field trip ends at 1pm so she can then go back, sort out her laundry and rest up. I do wish I’d told her to bin the rug immediately as she’s now going to walk back into her room with it there 🤢 She’s just so anti-waste I know she’s not going to like throwing it out but I don’t think it’s worth trying to save 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

There’s definitely a horrible virus doing the rounds. My daughter and all of her flat mates had it last week. With them all vomiting, it was a bit grim for a while Freshers Flu is definitely a real thing as my daughter was sick this time last year too
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Hope your DD is feeling better. Mine has come down with tonsillitis and a terrible cold, guess it's the joys of freshers!
Old 30 Sep 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

She’s not so bad, very tired and not eaten anything yet as she still feels ill but she’s not been sick. She’s changed her sheets etc and is just having a lazy evening and hopes she feels better after an early night.

I hope your DD is better soon too. It’s incredible how many of them are ill in the first two weeks 😔
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Freshers flu!
It’s a thing - the new mixture of people from all over that you’ve never met being in close quarters makes you ill.

I got ill during freshers and most of the people I know did too.
Hope she’s feeling better soon.
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hear that Georgia is sick, she really is having a time of it!
Hope you both feel better after some rest tonight!
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Sorry to hear that Georgia is sick, she really is having a time of it!
Hope you both feel better after some rest tonight!
She has eaten a bowl of noodles which made her feel a bit off again but she’s not been sick. She’s in her pj’s in her room and hoping to feel better in the morning.

She has a full day in lectures tomorrow so I don’t know if she can manage it if she’s ill again although she insists she’ll be fine 😔
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope Georgia is feeling better today x
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List