Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Christmas Day in Disneyland

So just wondering:
Do they close the park due to capacity like Florida on Christmas Day?If I can wrangle it we would only have this day there so need to be sure my ticket isn’t wasted
Is it heaving or magical? My kids love Xmas at home but I’m thinking how magical to be in Disney but wouldn’t want to take them if it’s miserable
Can’t afford a Disney hotel as there are 6 of us which means 2 rooms but would stay in val D’Europe does the train to Disney run on Xmas day
Any hotels that do shuttles
TIA
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Christmas Day is fab at DLP. Yes it’s busy, but I don’t ever remember the parks being closed due to being full and we tend to arrive at the parks quite late.
From experience, the busiest days are those just after Christmas Day (27th onwards) as the locals seem to visit then maybe?
It’s a great experience. Our youngest spent his first 3 Christmas Days at DLP 😊
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Christmas Day is fab at DLP. Yes it’s busy, but I don’t ever remember the parks being closed due to being full and we tend to arrive at the parks quite late.
From experience, the busiest days are those just after Christmas Day (27th onwards) as the locals seem to visit then maybe?
It’s a great experience. Our youngest spent his first 3 Christmas Days at DLP 😊
It’s been many years since we have gone. We will literally be there for that day but have the whole day. Do you think there is enough to do in Disneyland park or should I get hopper passes. I don’t want to waste money if there is so much to see and do in that 1 Park and don’t want to be rushing to the other one just get my moneys worth
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

If you’re only there for one day, then I’d just go with the main park and make the most of it.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
If you’re only there for one day, then I’d just go with the main park and make the most of it.
I assume they have the Xmas parade and a main one(the Xmas one doesn’t seem to last long).Then Xmas fireworks?
What r ur must sees? Does it still snow on Main Street?
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
So just wondering:
Do they close the park due to capacity like Florida on Christmas Day?If I can wrangle it we would only have this day there so need to be sure my ticket isn’t wasted
Is it heaving or magical? My kids love Xmas at home but I’m thinking how magical to be in Disney but wouldn’t want to take them if it’s miserable
Can’t afford a Disney hotel as there are 6 of us which means 2 rooms but would stay in val D’Europe does the train to Disney run on Xmas day
Any hotels that do shuttles
TIA
I have stayed over both on Christmas day and New Years Day. We had just the best time. Yes it's still relatively busy, but it will always be. if you have the chance to go, even for a day do it. I think there is now a fastpass buy option for DLP so you could maybe look at that so you get to do more rides. other could probably advise you better on that as it's a while since I have been.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
numbersix
Helping Mickey

My DW and I did Christmas in Disney the year before last, and it was great. It was busy, but they didn't close the parks at any point. The weather probably helped, as it was showery, and a bit nippy. We wrapped up warm, and just went with the flow. Christmas dinner for me was star-shaped chicken nuggets, chips, and a cappuccino, sitting in the shadows of the castle! One of my best Christmas Days ever, and no washing up to do!
numbersix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
My DW and I did Christmas in Disney the year before last, and it was great. It was busy, but they didn't close the parks at any point. The weather probably helped, as it was showery, and a bit nippy. We wrapped up warm, and just went with the flow. Christmas dinner for me was star-shaped chicken nuggets, chips, and a cappuccino, sitting in the shadows of the castle! One of my best Christmas Days ever, and no washing up to do!
Is there a lot of QS places in the park? Another Dibbers recommended the plaza but I can’t find a menu. Even thought it’s not extortionate I don’t want to waste money and would prefer to have the spare money for Disney stores
Was there enough to do in the one park for the entire day