Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Yes, I remember the pop man coming round delivering creme soda,and dandilion and burdock. With a deposit paid back on the empty bottles. Then the grocer came round in his MK1 ford transit . The back door lifted up to see all sorts in there including sweets!
Milk man delivered the milk and you had to get it in quickly before the birds pecked through the foil top.
Those were the days.
And the man from the Prudential visited to collect money for insurance of some sorts.
Sorry I keep editing. Then the Kleenex man came round selling brushes, brooms, etc.
The pools man... every week absolute silence while the score draws were called out on the TV which was black and white, only on for certain periods of the day, and often needed a good thump on the back to get a picture... ah the yesterdays !
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
The pools man... every week absolute silence while the score draws were called out on the TV which was black and white, only on for certain periods of the day, and often needed a good thump on the back to get a picture... ah the yesterdays !
MY auntie had a radio rentals tv that had a box on the back that you put sixpence into ... most annoying you couldn’t find a tanner for the tv.

Oh your post has me thinking now ... remember the man from the Pru and his little book?

Edited at 07:15 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Haha I just googled, isn't it funny the stuff you remember
I was 10 at the time , I remember it vividly ...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yep we did the pools and remember the collector coming every week. I remember my grandad doing spot the ball he had a little rubber stamp with x's marked out on it and my god he studied that form each week... He once won a fridge freezer 🤣😁
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Yep we did the pools and remember the collector coming every week. I remember my grandad doing spot the ball he had a little rubber stamp with x's marked out on it and my god he studied that form each week... He once won a fridge freezer 🤣😁
Spot the ball - as high tech as it got

Until Atari ping pong arrived
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
MY auntie had a radio rentals tv that had a box on the back that you put sixpence into ... most annoying you couldn’t find a tanner for the tv.

Oh your post has me thinking now ... remember the man from the Pru and his little book?
My mum and dad only got by sometimes with help from the man from the pru, he ended up being a longtime family friend, probably cos all the loans we had earnt him a tidy commission lol. I remember we had a 50p meter for the gas and they used to come round to empty it and if there was more in there than needed we got some of the money back, my and my brother thought we were King and Queen when we got a whole 50p each. And we rented a TV and eventually a washing machine after mum's twin tub gave up the ghost 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Spot the ball - as high tech as it got

Until Atari ping pong arrived
We had an atari console and played that game for ages... Kids these days with their fancy graphics are missing out 😂, we progressed to a computer with green screen I want to say it was an amstrad but not sure, you put gaming cassettes in, fruit machine was the best and you could buy magazines with programs in that you spent hours typing in and ended up programming a dot that danced across screen... And were impressed 😂😂
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

I'm so glad this thread didn't get ugly in night, I was dreading opening the dibb and seeing hate messages from groups I offended yesterday, I was awake half the night thinking what thread I could upend today and the prime candidate is BerkshireBugsys Friday in 3 words... I might be a rebel and type in 4 😉😉😉
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so glad this thread didn't get ugly in night, I was dreading opening the dibb and seeing hate messages from groups I offended yesterday, I was awake half the night thinking what thread I could upend today and the prime candidate is BerkshireBugsys Friday in 3 words... I might be a rebel and type in 4 😉😉😉
You clearly are a salmon in the river of life!
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Well I've just got in and caught up with you lot while having a cuppa. I've learned the north/south divide is strangely illustrated by bread rolls and mealtimes, who knew?
I’m in the middle 🤔 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List