Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 11, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker01
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Thanks for the pm. I know I think once you know what you want that's half the trouble, think I need to spend some time deciding whats best for everyone on the day. I will let you know about the GF once I hear from them and let you know what options they offer re tables etc. Thanks for the tip re you tube - have looked at other bits on there but not the boat yet. Might give me a better idea too as we have children in our party including my three year old daughter so don't want them all on top of each other! We are staying in Port Orleans French Quarter so need to bear in mind I suppose everyone getting to the Swan for the wedding and then going somewhere else for the reception...
Old 12 Aug 11, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks hun we are staying at the port orleans fq too we stayed at the carabean beach 2 year ago was brilliant we just use to villas and with a hotel your limited to what there is to do at night we found but we just use to all sit by the pool on a night with a few drinks. i no what you mean we are getting married at cypress grove but dont no how they will get there thinking of hireing the hummer as its a 22seater which will get everyone in but dont know how i will get from the port orleans to the ceromony wihout everyone else seeing me its so hard
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Have you thought about the California Grill for your meal? Up on the 14th floor of the Contemporary Resort - after your meal you can wander out onto the balcony to watch the fireworks?

Not to mention the food and wine list is amazing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

The Grand I can have up to 18 onboard.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

It's pretty easy to get from the Swan to GF, we're getting married next year and having our meal at the Swan in a private room at Il Mulino and then hiring the Grand 1 yacht to watch Wishes. We'll get taxis to GF after our meal or if any of our guests are too 'cheap' to want to pay they can get a bus to MK I guess.

Or as Claire (chilly80) mentioned Citricos at GF have a private room that seats upto 12 or if you don't mind a regular ADR and being seated with out restaurants guests there are a few other options too

I certainly wouldn't describe the Grand 1 as small, its a yacht that has an outside & inside section with 3 bedrooms I think it is, bathroom, lounge area.

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella2012 View Post
thanks hun we are staying at the port orleans fq too we stayed at the carabean beach 2 year ago was brilliant we just use to villas and with a hotel your limited to what there is to do at night we found but we just use to all sit by the pool on a night with a few drinks. i no what you mean we are getting married at cypress grove but dont no how they will get there thinking of hireing the hummer as its a 22seater which will get everyone in but dont know how i will get from the port orleans to the ceromony wihout everyone else seeing me its so hard
We are hiring a van to get all our guests to and from Cypress Grover, a sedan town car for my hubby to be and a limo for me, my mum & bridesmaids
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker01
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Thanks guys. We are loving the look of the boat cruise so will call them tomorrow for more details. Think then we just need to decide whether to have our meal at the Swan or GF. I love the look of Californian Grill but with small children in our group not sure if the menu will suit our party. Maybe I will ask hubby to be as a honeymoon treat
Old 12 Aug 11, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

I see from your countdown your 205 days from your wedding, the Grand I can be booked 180 days in advance and you'll need to book it it first thing the day booking opens or you probably won't be able to secure it.
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinker01 View Post
Thanks guys. We are loving the look of the boat cruise so will call them tomorrow for more details. Think then we just need to decide whether to have our meal at the Swan or GF. I love the look of Californian Grill but with small children in our group not sure if the menu will suit our party. Maybe I will ask hubby to be as a honeymoon treat
Did you see the childrens menu:

---- Can we ask members to p...u/menu_cgk.htm

(sorry about the duplicate posts my laptop went mad)

Edited at 11:57 PM.
Old 12 Aug 11, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

deleted

Edited at 11:55 PM.
Closed Thread