Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 13, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

My Dad runs us from Leeds to Hilton we stay overnight,
then Dad pick us up when we arrive back we cat nap all the way back,
would'nt fancy driving on M62 after a night flight!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 13, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
the bears
Imagineer

the bears's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We use our local airport connections taxi firm.

Our last two trips we had to get up at Sparrow Fart to get from Leeds to Manchester in time.

But this time we getting dropped off at a hotel the night before and getting a taxi across to T2 in the morning.

I've never fancied the drive back at 8 in the morning after the flight. (Especially as I manage to forget how to use a clutch in two weeks ) But more through tiredness I wouldn't like negotiating the M62 back to Leeds

Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee September 2009

Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee May 2011

Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld September 2013

Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld September 2015

Edited at 01:54 PM.
the bears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 13, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My Hubby is a taxi driver so cheap taxis are always available but we only live 20mins from Manchester airport so we tend to drive ourselves and use meet and greet for 2 weeks. I keep hinting to DH that it would be nice to stay at an airport hotel the night before but living so close he will not budge

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 13, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sunraydb
Apprentice Imagineer

sunraydb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
We mainly go from Manchester so not far from Leeds but we still stay the night before at a hotel as we prefer to drive to the airport start our holiday as soon as possible.

POFQ May 2023 - POFQ Sept 2018 - Highgate Park May 2014 & Aug 2012 - Oak Island Cove Aug 2011 - Glenbrook Aug 2010 - Highgate Park May 2010 - Cane Island May 2009 - Cane Island May 2008 - Highgate Park May 2007 - Comfort Inn LBV May 2007 - Glenbrook May 2005
sunraydb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 13, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannine
Excited about Disney

We use the in-laws, never usually on holiday at the same time. They tend to go on holiday out of school time & save a fortune & we go in school holidays & pay for the privilege (Oh to be old!)

We take them, they take us – works for me
Old 20 Feb 13, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We live an hour away from the airport. We would love to stay at a hotel, as it would cost around the same as booking the transfers, however we feel that driving back after the flight home, with very little sleep is not a good idea for us. Consequently we use a transfer service.
Old 20 Feb 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

usually a kind family member drops us off but if not we only live about 40 mins so drive and park at the airport.
Old 20 Feb 13, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

We are lucky enough to get a lift from family. We are only about 30mins from the airport but we like to stay at the Radisson the night before, you start your holiday early that way!
Old 20 Feb 13, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We used to get taxis as we aren't far from Gatwick, but we got let down badly one year and it wasn't a great start to the holiday!

Now we drive ourselves and park in the long-stay. Leave earlier than we need to (in case of any problems) and get there nice and early and then have breakfast!

Luckily as we are close, the drive home after the flight isn't too bad and we pick up some supplies on the way in.

ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 13, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Living on the Suffolk coast we don't trust how the traffic will be on either the A12 or the M25 in the morning plus we would need to be up at "silly o clock". We drive down the day before, do twilight check in and stay in the Hilton using Tesco vouchers. However next time we go I will look at the new Premier Inn as I have heard good things about it.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread