Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Leaving food in a laundry at CSR?

It looks like, from a fb group, that unopened food, water bottles, drinks cartons, are 'passed onto' others via the laundry. So if you've bought 24 water bottles and used 19, the other 5 at the end of the stay can be gifted onto other guests, rather than be thrown away.

Is this a thing?

Would you give? Or take?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally I wouldn’t take from it but if I thought it was a genuine “thing” I might leave some water bottles. There wouldn’t normally be anything else we wouldn’t just squeeze into the case.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Personally I wouldn’t take from it but if I thought it was a genuine “thing” I might leave some water bottles. There wouldn’t normally be anything else we wouldn’t just squeeze into the case.
That would be my thought. I'd just never heard of it before!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
That would be my thought. I'd just never heard of it before!
Me neither. I’ve seen the odd post about having stuff left and picking a place to leave it for someone but not necessarily the laundry. I definitely haven’t seen any food in any of the laundry’s I’ve been in.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Me neither. I’ve seen the odd post about having stuff left and picking a place to leave it for someone but not necessarily the laundry. I definitely haven’t seen any food in any of the laundry’s I’ve been in.
I wasnt planning to use a laundry as next trip is only a week. But I'm gonna have to look now!
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

It’s really common in the Port Orleans Facebook group to leave unused items in the laundry. I left a fair bit the other month at FQ and also gave away some ears/badges to a girl that came and met me for them
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

When we stayed at a motel on the 192 the laundry was the unofficial library/book exchange, brilliant idea
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
I wasnt planning to use a laundry as next trip is only a week. But I'm gonna have to look now!
I’m going to have a look in all the machines .

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Not in WDW but I once went on a Thompson Family holiday and there was a place where people left things like surplus nappies, wipes, baby toys were left by people who were leaving for families to use. It was a lovely idea and was managed by the kids club to make sure it was all decent stuff that was left
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida dreamr
Proud to wear my Ears

Florida dreamr's Reviews
We always buy new clothes and leave our old (still in excellent condition) in the laundry with any left over drinks and unopened food. We even left a new buggy once that we just bought for the holiday. We started doing this because as a regular visiter to Florida we had noticed it was a done thing. Sometimes I have to make a second visit to the laundry to leave more and then notice some of the first left stuff has already gone or hol makers are having a look as I always leave a note on it saying Free to take. xx