Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Upper lip hair removal/eplilators

I’ve hit 35 and I’m starting to see fine light hair growth around upper lip. Nothing major but am going to have to do something about this in the coming years. I don’t wax anywhere only shave due to particular sensitive skin so not sure my best option. Been wondering about an epilator? Any thoughts.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Ouch. For me epilating is more painful than waxing. You could try threading perhaps with sensitive skin which may be better. I had mine lasered off but with sensitive skin that could be a problem. Perhaps have a patch test of whatever you choose.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you kidding me?
I have an epilator that I use on my legs and it takes time to pluck up courage to go that! My top lip? No way!
Threading also for the top lip NO WAY - I have my upper lip waxed - it’s quick and it’s tolerable.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

I use an epilator on my legs and underarms and there is absolutely no way I would use it on my face !

I have my upper lip and eyebrows threaded ... I usually take 2 ibuprofen about 20 mins before the appointment and I’m fine.
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
I use an epilator on my legs and underarms and there is absolutely no way I would use it on my face !

I have my upper lip and eyebrows threaded ... I usually take 2 ibuprofen about 20 mins before the appointment and I’m fine.
Hats off to you epilating underarms. I darent. Threading on my eyebrows I can tolerate but iffy on the lip.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
An Epiwand/ epilator spring works like threading. Takes a little practice but using a couple of times a week soon gets everything under control.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epiwand-Facial-Remover-Threading-Women/dp/B00QILP7SK/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=hair+remover+spring+for+face&q id=1567713897&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=41 9157031&rps=1&s=gateway&sr=8-7
There are loads available on Amazon also at Boots etc.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Every one of you are very brave, I remember trying one on my leg years ago... put me off them for life.
I am such a wuss, I’ll probably turn into a withered hairy mess to live out my days 😭😭😭

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I am in awe of you lot! I can only epilate my legs after a very large gin has been drunk. The thought of epilating underarms or top lip makes me want to faint!
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

I have an epilator that has facial attachment. I do my legs, underarms, bikini line and upper lip with the various components. You get used to it. X
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by School teacher View Post
I have an epilator that has facial attachment. I do my legs, underarms, bikini line and upper lip with the various components. You get used to it. X
Agree with this. It gets to the point of not hurting - just a little buzzy feeling which last a fraction of a second.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List