Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
metopicmamma
I want to go now!

Mobile Omg... Its really happening!

We have always told our children disney will never happen, but back in February we booked it 😁
Yesterday we were able to prebook the seats on the plane.
July 2020 is really happening!
We have had to go for cheapest possible options regarding hotel / flights, got 14 day passes.

Now... What/ where do people recommend for food?

What is a realistic amount of spending money?
What do we need clothes wise etc?

Our group consists of dad paraplegic in a wheelchair, son 10 ( his carer) son 13 with multipul learning issues etc mum his carer.
With one wage into the house I'm getting stuff bit by bit... So far got some summer clothes, suitcases, flight bags.

Any help recommendations would be very greatful.
metopicmamma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Read a few trip reports. Dixonsontour do some really good food reports. Have you done your ESTAs? One tip that a lot of people suggest is it to sign up to some restaurants that give money off vouchers. If you have a car some off the supermarkets do cooked chickens and chicken tenders, potato wedges, soups, sandwiches and salads for a cheap lunch.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Ensure you apply for DAS pass at Disney, it will help with the queue times.

Assistance at airports, will ensure smoither and quicker transit through the airports.

If you state where you are staying, people will be able to advise on places nearby to eat/shop and perhaps suggest the best room.

And of course, get your first visitors badges!
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

And Primark is great for Disney stuff.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

When you arrive at MCO airport and get to the immigration hall ask one of the staff about the assistance que, otherwise you will end up in a very long line.
Definitely ask about the Disabled assistance pass at Disney it helps massively especially with learning difficulties.
You can also apply for a temporary Florida disabled parking badge ( have a look in the special needs section there is info on how to apply)
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
metopicmamma
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thank you, we are booked into all stars resort? No car because we can't get one with the adaptions we would need for dad to drive and I'm not driving with him and 13 year old as passengers 😂.
I have seen primark have lots of Disney bits, I'm mentally noting until pay days after Xmas and hoping santa brings some Disney stuff.
Estas are on the list just under renewing passports , I think we have the DAS pass stuff under control. Virgin are being fab so far, we have access to the v lounge? To keep son happy.
I think we are getting help at both airports as the kids have never flown.
metopicmamma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

I would seriously consider getting the quick service dining plan.

Eating offsite with no car is difficult and will take longer to eat rather than just eating at the parks or resorts.

With the exchange rate fluctuating it maybe the best way to budget.
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All-stars would be good if your not driving the buses are good to get too all the parks, the only downside is it means your stuckwith eating on site which can be expensive.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Contact Disney if using the Magical Express from the airport to ensure the transport can accommodate your husband's chair/scooter.

Ask for bell services to help transfer your luggage.

Also consider doing one area of one park each day. If you have never been before, they are absolutely massive. If you break them down into an area a day, you will at least get a flavour of all the parks without exhausting yourselves.

If there is any food or drink any member of your family cannot do without, take it with you or have it delivered to All Stars as it will be very expensive otherwise.

Edited at 01:55 PM.
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

My top tip at the moment is, if you have them at home, take stainless steel water bottles (Sho, Chilly etc) You can then fill them with water and ice before going to the parks and you will have cold drinks throughout. Will save paying out for drinks in the parks which can be expensive.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List