Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 12, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Half board help

Hi guys, THINKING about DLP again early next year for my Birthday. Had a quick look but as always it's the food/spending money that gets us when we're there.
I've looked at the half board offers, and it seems far, however I couldn't see what places were involved with it.
I saw on another thread about different levels of the plan, but it only gave me the choice between half & full board.

Any links, or help would be great as I'd want it to actually make the difference and not end up paying for places we don't want to eat anyway

Thanks in advance x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I would really have a good think about this...have never done any of the meal plans myself but a lot of other dibbers reckon there isn't much of a saving on the plans..and it can be very restrictive. ..the only positive is that it's already paid for!
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

The DLP brochure helped us with this decision. We want to eat in Inventions, Auberge De Cendrillon, Buffalo Bills and Cafe Mickey. As these were all covered under the Premium half board we worked it out and we decided it would be better for us to book the food package.
Have a look at where you want to eat and work out whether it will save any money for YOU. Everyone's preferences are different, so for some people it just isn't worth it.
You can view the DLP brochure on their website if you haven't got a paper copy handy.
Have you thought about where you'd like to eat? x
Old 12 Nov 12, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

There are a couple of things to consider when looking at any of the meal plans at DLP.

Firstly, you can eat a lot cheaper than the set price per person at Cafe Mickey, as its a la carte so you can order what you like (you can even share pizza etc if you like, they are huge). Personally I think Cafe Mickey is a rip-off for its kids meals (its now nearly 20 euros per child to eat there on their kids meal deals).
Also, there are usually tickets for BBWWS that you can buy in advance for around 30 euros per person.

So, bearing that in mind, I don't really see where there is any saving by buying a meal plan for DLP. The only things the meal plans do is ensure you've paid for one meal per night booked (not per day's stay) per person (aged 3 or over), in advance. And you can just as easily load that amount of money on a pre-pay travelcard to use at DLP, and then eat where you like.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Also you can only get a set 3-course meal from a very limited menu with the voucher. If you want something different you can use it like cash, but that may actually lose you money if what you want is cheaper.

If you might share a starter or a sweet, you've lost money also.

I would never bother. Put your food money aside in an envelope or on a prepaid card if you want to budget ahead of time.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Personally I would never pay for a meal plan - as others have said they are very restrictive and if using at face value, depending on the exchange rate you can actually lose money on them.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone, I think I'll forget tht one then x
Old 12 Nov 12, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
yay steph get yourself a new countdown! we are going mega cheap food wise. we are going to eat at annettes, cause they do their 17E for burger and brownie deal, then other times we will just be munching earl of sandwich, mcdonalds and stuff! we do love sitting down for dinner though so might be able to swing another sit down meal if we can afford it! xx
Old 12 Nov 12, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
yay steph get yourself a new countdown! we are going mega cheap food wise. we are going to eat at annettes, cause they do their 17E for burger and brownie deal, then other times we will just be munching earl of sandwich, mcdonalds and stuff! we do love sitting down for dinner though so might be able to swing another sit down meal if we can afford it! xx
haha! It's in early thoughts yet. We'll be staying at Cheyenne I think (if we do go)
Trying to figure out 2 or 4 nights- there's no point doing 3 as it's like £30 less than 4 nights.

I'd like to do Walts/Cali Grill and Inventions though (and of course Annettes!)
so I'm not sure! We really CAN'T afford it, but I want to go so badlyyyyyy
xxx
Old 12 Nov 12, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Cali Grill is amazing if your budget can stretch to it.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread