Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 11, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Lucky Nugget or pizza planet

were doighave board and planned all ourmelbu we cant decide wheter to do lucky nugget or pizza planet the kids love buzz but also love chrectors
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 11, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I've not been to Pizza Planet since 2003 and haven't returned as the food was so poor then. Don't know if it has improved? Hopefully someone will be along soon that has more recent experience of Pizza Planet.

We went to Luckey Nugget last September - and the food was amazing and there was lots of character interaction. We booked our table with hotel concierge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 11, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I think it would be more expensive in lucky nugget compared to pizza planet, but lucky nugget definately better, its a character buffet, but I think in april the character buffet is changing to the cookout place so you may want to bear that in mind depending on when you go
hth
Jo

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 11, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
I think it would be more expensive in lucky nugget compared to pizza planet, but lucky nugget definately better, its a character buffet, but I think in april the character buffet is changing to the cookout place so you may want to bear that in mind depending on when you go
hth
Jo
Do you know what the cookout meal is like Jo? As we were thinking of going there as it is covered in the standard half board. Thanks
Old 26 Jan 11, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

If your board vouchers cover lucky nugget (plus or prem) i would go there.

cowboy cookout were offering a teatime character meet when i was there in dec.

the cookout menu was buger & fries ect same as all the other counter service with a bbq twist of ribs & chicken. we ate there for lunch but it wasnt special in any way, although there were lots of characters milling around outside.
Old 26 Jan 11, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by snowwy View Post
If your board vouchers cover lucky nugget (plus or prem) i would go there.

cowboy cookout were offering a teatime character meet when i was there in dec.

the cookout menu was buger & fries ect same as all the other counter service with a bbq twist of ribs & chicken. we ate there for lunch but it wasnt special in any way, although there were lots of characters milling around outside.
Thank you. We were going to do it mainly for the characters as we are on a much stricter budget this time and don't think it will stretch to Cafe Mickey's unfortunately.
Old 26 Jan 11, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I would use Lucky Nugget, lot nicer than Pizza Planet
Old 26 Jan 11, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Hi, I think someone has already put this, but it seems to have got lost!

From your ticker it looks like you're going after April - so there wont be a character meal at the Lucky Nugget any more, it will be at the Cowboy Cookout. They may still be doing the tea party (but I wouldnt waste your money if you're sticking to a budget), but there will also be some other sort of character meal - no idea yet if it will be the same as what was at the Lucky Nugget (i.e. tex-mex type buffet) or something different.

Alternatively have you thought about Cafe Mickey but sharing pizzas - dont know how many of you are going, but maybe 2 between 3, or 1 between 2 with a side? Keeps the cost down.

Pizza planet is a basic buffet now - 3 sorts of pasta, 3 sorts of sauce, 3 sorts of pizza I believe. No characters, not sure if there is still a play area, maybe someone else can help?
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 11, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
Hi, I think someone has already put this, but it seems to have got lost!

From your ticker it looks like you're going after April - so there wont be a character meal at the Lucky Nugget any more, it will be at the Cowboy Cookout. They may still be doing the tea party (but I wouldnt waste your money if you're sticking to a budget), but there will also be some other sort of character meal - no idea yet if it will be the same as what was at the Lucky Nugget (i.e. tex-mex type buffet) or something different.

Alternatively have you thought about Cafe Mickey but sharing pizzas - dont know how many of you are going, but maybe 2 between 3, or 1 between 2 with a side? Keeps the cost down.

Pizza planet is a basic buffet now - 3 sorts of pasta, 3 sorts of sauce, 3 sorts of pizza I believe. No characters, not sure if there is still a play area, maybe someone else can help?
When I went to Cafe Mickey last September; the pizza was way too big for me and I left half of it. So sharing a pizza would be a great idea and may mean we may be able to do Cafe Mickey as we really enjoyed it last time we were there. Thanks for a brilliant suggestion.
Old 27 Jan 11, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Avoid Pizza Planet.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread