Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 11, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michaela View Post
I got married at the swan in November 2010, I have created an album in my profile to show the various locations around the swan, we were married in the courtyard which was lovely and private. The cake and champagne would usually be where you have your ceremony but it was very windy the day we got married so we cut the cake inside the hotel. We booked the deluxe package through virgin weddings but I think we ended up spending quite a bit on upgrades when we were actually over there, but it's good value if you are happy with the basics, we spent the most on upgrading the photography package. We had our reception meal at Shulas in the dolphin, we also had a dessert party in Epcot which I booked directly through disney catered events. It was honestly the best day of my life and I wouldn't have changed anything. I hope I've answered all of your questions, I'm on my mobile so can't see original post! If you have any further questions I'd be happy to try an help
Hi, thank you
I will take a look at your photos now.
Can I ask how much the package was & what you got, and then what you ended up upgrading on.
Also, do you know the choices of the reception areas?
That's good to hear, as I still would love a GF dessert party- but was unsure of it if I did S&D
Thanks for replying
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 11, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Can I also be really cheeky & ask how much you payed for the dessert party & the link/info you need to contact them on

Thank you
Old 26 Aug 11, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

I think it is worth checking out booking direct rather than through Virgin. I think you will have more control and it may well be cheaper!

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 11, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
I think it is worth checking out booking direct rather than through Virgin. I think you will have more control and it may well be cheaper!
Yeah! The first girl I spoke to forwarded her emails on, and it seemed to be Virgin that said the beach venue was a problem & would cost A LOT of money to set up too,
Thanks for your reply, it has made me feel a lot happier.
I have contacted Just Marry- did you do it direct?
So just waiting to hear back from them about packages & what I actually get for my money & what I'd be looking at spending more on

Old 26 Aug 11, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Hi sweetie
Yes I went direct and booked directly through JM. It was great and they were very efficient!

I have a PJ/TR on the 'Disboards' if you want to take a peek!

disboards/showthread.php?t=2513856

Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 11, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi sweetie
Yes I went direct and booked directly through JM. It was great and they were very efficient!

Thank you so much, will take a look now
Old 26 Aug 11, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi sweetie

ooo (reading through your TR now)
where is it that you went to watch the fireworks? I've not heard of it before- what is it? Can any one go there?

Thanks
Old 27 Aug 11, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Swan & Dolphin Wedding

Hi,

I'm getting married on 27th Sep 2011 at the Swan & Dolphin. I have booked it through Virgin and i'm having it on the beach. They tried to tell me it cost more but it doesn't. If you want all the decorations then it does, but there is a company in Florida that does it at half the price the hotel charges. I was also told they wouldn't provide chairs, so i complained to the hotel and now they are providing them for free. I have a very good wedding co-ordinator in florida who has been brilliant.

Hope this helps a bit x
Old 30 Aug 11, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
ooo (reading through your TR now)
where is it that you went to watch the fireworks? I've not heard of it before- what is it? Can any one go there?

Thanks
Hi sweetie
We watched the fireworks from the 'Top of the World' Lounge at the Bay Lake Tower. It is a lounge reserved exclusively for the use of guests staying at BLT on points. If you were staying at BLT on DVC points (even if you rented them), you could use it too!

I can see that booking a S/D wedding through Virgin is definitely more troublesome than booking direct!
I booked our VR direct with JM and had none of this trouble at all! Everything was included in the basic package (planner, chairs, ceremony site, water station, back-up rain site, room to get ready in if required and plates, cutlery, glasses, napkins etc for the cake/champagne reception). I reserched and booked my own photographer, officiant, musician and cake maker, Karen, my planner helped me research and book my florist and limo.
I definitely had more control and probably saved money by avoiding booking through an outside company!

Old 30 Aug 11, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi sweetie
We watched the fireworks from the 'Top of the World' Lounge at the Bay Lake Tower. It is a lounge reserved exclusively for the use of guests staying at BLT on points. If you were staying at BLT on DVC points (even if you rented them), you could use it too!

I can see that booking a S/D wedding through Virgin is definitely more troublesome than booking direct!
I booked our VR direct with JM and had none of this trouble at all! Everything was included in the basic package (planner, chairs, ceremony site, water station, back-up rain site, room to get ready in if required and plates, cutlery, glasses, napkins etc for the cake/champagne reception). I reserched and booked my own photographer, officiant, musician and cake maker, Karen, my planner helped me research and book my florist and limo.
I definitely had more control and probably saved money by avoiding booking through an outside company!
wow, it looks amazing! So was it only the people who stayed at BLT that went up there with you?

Yes, it seems so, I have made contact with JustMarry, so hopefully will get a bit more info from them & what is involved.
I like the package deals, there are obv some things I'd change/upgrade on, but in general it would be good to have.

Thanks for your help
Closed Thread