Notices

View Poll Results: upgrade to 1 bedroom OKW or not?
Stick with studio 2 11.76%
Go for 1 bedroom 15 88.24%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 May 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

stick with OKW studio or upgrade to 1 bed

DH, DS and I are off to WDW in September - we have a studio booked. DS is 20 and i'm a bit worried about us being in one room. It will be roughly £1200 for 15 nights to upgrade. Common sense says suck it up and use the money for spends, the other part of me says just do it. i keep going round in circles!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I would personally upgrade. A 1 bed is much more comfortable, particularly at OKW. You get a large room to relax in, full kitchen (get an Instacart delivery in for breakfast etc), nice to sit around and relax in. But I like space- I had a 2 bed for 4 of us last year at Boardwalk. But for me it is well worth it and improves the holiday immesurably. Also a washer and dryer in the room- easily take home clean clothes without having to cart it to the laundry room. You will probably never want to go back to studios again if you do it though.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

If you can get the 1 bed you won't be disappointed, full kitchen for snacks or a quick breakfast well worth it.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I'd also add- £80 a night is actually quite a good deal, a 1 bed will cost a DVC owner in points more or less exactly twice the points of a studio. Also DVC will charge US cash guests a lot more usually. You could not rent the points from an owner for anything like that to cover the upgrade cost- great deal.

Edited at 09:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would do the upgrade the difference in size of room is huge plus you get a full kitchen and washer and dryer and large balcony

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'm going against the grain and would stick with the studio. The space of a one bed is nice, but it's a lot of money and we don't actually spend too much time in the room anyway. We liked the two bed villa we had at SSR one year, but are just as happy in one room, and there are 4 of us.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I would personally upgrade. A 1 bed is much more comfortable, particularly at OKW. You get a large room to relax in, full kitchen (get an Instacart delivery in for breakfast etc), nice to sit around and relax in. But I like space- I had a 2 bed for 4 of us last year at Boardwalk. But for me it is well worth it and improves the holiday immesurably. Also a washer and dryer in the room- easily take home clean clothes without having to cart it to the laundry room. You will probably never want to go back to studios again if you do it though.
I voted 1 bed for all the reasons above
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are quite happy in a studio but we Got an upgrade to a one bed last year and I can’t deny it’s fabulous to have the space. But I think I’d rather have that money to spend on treats. If the money isn’t going to affect the rest of your trip / plans then of course more space would be nicer.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Don’t forget having a nice jacuzzi after a hard day walking around the parks.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If affordable definitely upgrade. We also opt for a 2 bedroom for 4 or even the brilliant Grand Villa for 6 when we can. Space and peace and quiet in the heart of the madness, bring it on!
The studios are great having said that!
Have a great trip whatever you choose
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List