Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

meal vouchers help

We are visiting for 5 days from 13th February, we have meal vouchers for either lunch or dinner but i'm a little confused

ok so i've read some people use these against a booked restaurant meal/character meet meal , then pay the extra on top, how does this work and is there anywhere where i can have a read up on this?

Also how do i book these meals? Is it the same way as WDW?

I would be grateful for your help
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post

There are three levels of meal plan at DLP, standard, plus and premium. The higher the category the more restaurants are fully covered by the plan.

Dp you know which plan you have? If not which hotel are you staying in? (since the level of plans are usually linked to the hotel).

If you visit a restaurant that is fully covered by your level of the plan then you get a meal and one drink fully covered. If however you want to 'trade-up' and visit a restaurant in a higher category then you will need to pay a top up fee and use your voucher, plus the extra in cash.

The amount your meal plan voucher is worth depends on which level of plan you have. For example the standard plan vouchers are worth around €28. So if you chose to trade-up to a premium category resturant such as Cafe Mickey - where the set menu is €65 you would need to pay €37 on top to make up the difference.

Booking tables is either done via the phone line, or you can book on the Dutch version of the DLP website (the English version doesn't offer online reservations yet). If you open the link in google chrome it will auto-translate to English for you.

disneylandparis/nl-nl/restaurants/

Hope that helps.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

This is a super useful explanation Stubbs, thank you! We are visiting next year and will have the dining plan for the first time (staying at SL so have the plus package) and I was wondering the same!

One other question... can you use for vouchers for quick service meals? (I understand it wouldn't be very cost effective as your vouchers are worth that much more than a QS meal, but just wondering if it is possible?)

Thanks, and sorry for jumping on your thread OP!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Yes I believe you can but no change will be given

I like the buffet meals better than the QS options as the buffet meals are included in the dining plans.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
Yes I believe you can but no change will be given

I like the buffet meals better than the QS options as the buffet meals are included in the dining plans.
Yes I thought that would be the case, thank you for confirming!

I think buffet meals will be a good option for us as our LB is 2 so won't get a meal (be able to get him a plate of food at the buffets will be good!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your reply it was very helpful,we are staying at hotel Cheyenne, so i believe its just the standard plan .

Do i need to tell them when booking the meal that i have the standard plan and will pay the extra or just show it when i pay at the end of the meal ?
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kenzzi View Post
Thank you for your reply it was very helpful,we are staying at hotel Cheyenne, so i believe its just the standard plan .

Do i need to tell them when booking the meal that i have the standard plan and will pay the extra or just show it when i pay at the end of the meal ?
Cos more people have dining plans now, they tend to ask when you arrive. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List