Old 30 Dec 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I think we're going to try to do early mornings in the first week and later starts and fireworks in the second week next year too.

I haven't started the pretrip for next year yet but it's on my to do list. I'm trying to spend the next week before I go back to work firming up some plans so I'm ready for ADRs in February then I'll start the PTR. I'm looking forward to reading yours too. I'm getting through the trip report first though. I was following along with the weekly updates but then real life took over and I haven't been on here much for the last couple of months.
I'm supposed to be thinking about ADR plans and making outline daily plans so I know what parks we're going to be in when. I'm not so patiently waiting for the August park hours to come out so I can look at the busy day guide and get a plan together.

It's a shame when real life gets in the way of Dibb time. I was pleased to be able to keep up with my weekly posting it didn't feel too much like a chore or a job to get done either.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great day. I think the Pegasus was the right choice. That tail is so cute.

I had a similar worry of a lax parenting movement when we were away in the summer and ds went on rides in AK with our friends daughter while we stayed at the nomad lounge - they need a little ‘well managed’ freedom.

Hs sounded good, I’m with you with the little mermaid show, I like it but I’d pick the others first.

Star Wars fireworks was quiet for us as well in the summer, bet it’s jammed now.

I was laughing away at your mum and her is this a snack question... my mother in law was the same at Christmas - she had no clue 😂

Imagine max and Dave leaving you behind... Dh and his mum did that to us once and ds and I were looking for them only for them to finally text us and say they were back in the room
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great day. I think the Pegasus was the right choice. That tail is so cute.

I had a similar worry of a lax parenting movement when we were away in the summer and ds went on rides in AK with our friends daughter while we stayed at the nomad lounge - they need a little ‘well managed’ freedom.

Hs sounded good, I’m with you with the little mermaid show, I like it but I’d pick the others first.

Star Wars fireworks was quiet for us as well in the summer, bet it’s jammed now.

I was laughing away at your mum and her is this a snack question... my mother in law was the same at Christmas - she had no clue 😂

Imagine max and Dave leaving you behind... Dh and his mum did that to us once and ds and I were looking for them only for them to finally text us and say they were back in the room
Thats so funny that you've had the same experiences. In 2018 Dave and me sat in Nomad Lounge after our Tusker house dinner, we were too stuffed to move. I kept booking FP for the kids, they did Everest and primeval whirl. They didn't have a phone with them as back then they didn't bother bringing it out, but they know their way around the park. Plus I knew where they were as the FP would disappear when they scanned in and then the photo of everest appeared so by the time they got back I'd already booked primeval whirl. They were gutted we didn't get to do it this summer as they love it.

I'm also really pleased it's not just my mum that didn't know what a snack credit was.

How funny poor you and DS left behind while they were back in the room having a nice cup of tea probably!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kay1975
Excited about Disney

Hi - loving your trip report! Can I just how the alcohol works, you seemed to order 6 drinks with 6 quick service meals - but your kids obv. aren't old enough to drink
Kay1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kay1975 View Post
Hi - loving your trip report! Can I just how the alcohol works, you seemed to order 6 drinks with 6 quick service meals - but your kids obv. aren't old enough to drink
Hi

Yes, I think one adult can order two alcoholic drinks. This is what I have done on many occasions when it was just the 4 of us travelling.

This holiday there were always at least 3 adults at the ordering stage and so I assume the server was always satisfied the alcohol was for us and not the kids, which of course it was for us as I don't like to share!

At the hotel when we got QS we also got the little bottle of drink as we could all use our resort mugs so each purchase had alcohol. Once I told my daughter she could do the pin after we scanned our bands, but the cast member said she couldn't 'pay' as we were buying alcohol. This is obvious, she was 11 so naturally I apologised and input the pin. I hadn't really thought about it as the drink was for the fridge for later.

Once, many years ago, a cast member asked who the other drink was for and I said my husband and I vaguely pointed to a man in the distance, she can't have known who I was pointing to, it's the only time I've been asked this question.

Finally, I always carry a photocopy of the passport photo page for myself and my husband and our photo driving licences, unfortunately I've never been asked for ID which is pretty sad but the advice is to always take ID.

I'm sure that's way more info than you wanted. The QS cocktails are ok, some are better than others. I'm not a massive fan of the slushy type drinks, but if that's all there is I will force myself to have it it's a great bonus to have a cocktail included in the price and while they aren't strong they are enough for a theme park.

If there's something specific you want to know let me know.

Edited at 09:20 PM.