Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dlpmad
First POST

Walt Disney Studios Tour

Hiya, I'm headed to DLP in April and wanted to surprise OH with something extra.

I wondered if anyone had done the Walt Disney Studios Tour before and what they thought of it? TIA
dlpmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We haven't done the Studios tour - but we did the Disney Parc one and it was great. Limited number of people (I think there were 8 -10 on ours) and fab guide.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I have done both parc tours at DLP, we were actually the only guests on both tours (we tend to go to DLP in off-peak times). If you love film, and the history of film/film studios, you'll love the Studios tour at DLP. I think I preferred it to the main park tour (although I enjoyed that one too .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve done both the tours and loved them both. I think if you are a Disney fan you will find it fun and interesting. If I remember rightly the studios one was shorter at a couple of hours and the Disneyland Park was 3 hours. I don’t know if they still do this but we were given a commemorative pin
LaraT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are heading to DLP in January. Where would you book these tours?

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

See this link, either book in advance or during your visit at City Hall.

disneylandparis/en-g...and-park-tour/

According to this link for the Studio Tour, they are currently unavailable.

disneylandparis/en-g...ios-park-tour/
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

Hi dlpmad,

My wife and I did both the Disneyland Park Tour and the Walt Disney Studios Tour, on our visit in May 2017. We booked them at City Hall as a last-minute thing. There was just the two of us for both tours which made the tours special.

I have to say that we both enjoyed the Disneyland Park Tour more than the Walt Disney Studios Tour. This may be because we found the Disneyland Park more interesting - not that I'm saying that Walt Disney Studios or its tour is boring - far from it!

I think that the tours depend on the cast member taking it and possibly which tour you do first. We did the Disneyland Park Tour first and the cast member was just amazing with their knowledge and endless enthusiasm. The Walt Disney Studios Tour was very good as was the cast member who took us around, but they didn't compare to the first cast member.

The tours are expensive but do give you an insight. Plus you do get perks. During the Disneyland Park Tour, we were taken to the front of the queue at the Ice Cream shop in Main Street and given a large ice cream each which was much appreciated as it was a warm day although it was embarrassing getting the stares from the queuing customers! At the end of the Walt Disney Studios Tour we were given the chance to go straight through to the Tower of Terror. I don't know if these perks are standard or whether it was because we were a small group or if the perks change each time.

Regards,

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pinklady1124
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

My brother and I will be in DLP in June, we did the Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour in DL in September and loved it. Do you think there would be a lot of the same information on this tour or would it still be worth doing, with specific DLP info?