Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Jul 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials take on DLP June 2019 - Day 2

Toddler Trials take on DLP! June 2019 - Day 2
Tuesday 11th June

The alarm went off at 6 and we were all up by 6.30. This might seem early for some but my weekday alarm is 6 anyway and Libby’s usually up early too so it wasn't too painful.

We headed down for breakfast 7.10. I didn't take pictures but there was a great selection. Cereal, hot food, plenty of various pastry/baked good choices. Meat and cheeses, little yoghurts, fruit etc. It was really good. Libby had a sausage, some pancake and bacon and a yoghurt. She ate quite well!

Gary had a two courser with hot stuff and pastries and I had a pain au chocolate and some coffee out the machine, which was actually really good.

We finished up and headed round the lake into Disneyland Park. The shorter path was closed when we were there so we had to go the long way round past Sequoia Lodge but we didn't think it added too long on, it was still a lovely walk. We said Good Morning to the ducks on our way round.

We followed the sign for hotel guests and headed in. For those not aware - Hotel guests get into the park from 8am and they hold you at the entrance to the different lands/the castle until 8.30. It makes for a lovely quiet stroll up Main Street and is such a relaxed atmosphere (unless you’re warming up to run for the Princess Pavillion!).

We were waiting in front of the castle for 8.25. I had a rough plan for the Early Magic hours as I knew which queues built up quickly, so once the Cast Member let us through we headed straight to Peter Pan. We walked on.

Ready for Peter Pan

We saw people running at the other Fantasyland side entrance for the Princess Pavilion!

Dumbo was closed while we were there

After Peter Pan, we headed to the Teacups. Libby was desperate for a cup of tea ride. It was about 8:40 now and the Princess Pavillion wait time said 60 mins already. It amazes me how it gets so busy so quickly .

Libby liked the ‘cup of tea’ ride but wasn’t too sure when Gary spun it quickly. We headed straight onto the Carousel next and she loved riding her horsey.

Les Voyages de Pinocchio was next, Libby quite liked this but had no idea who Pinocchio was .

We were finished with Fantasyland now and headed to Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland.

I have great memories of this ride as child, it’s SO good . The wait was posted as 15 minutes so I went on first while Gary gave Libby a snack. While I was waiting, people were jumping into the fastpass lane to get ahead and the French lady in front of me was absolutely raging! There was some cross French words exchanged. I love this ride and saw Gary and Libby watching for me at the end. Gary then went straight on with rider switch.

I took Libby to the toilet then walked round to the Phantom Manor meet spot which said Mickey or Friends on the programme. I wasn’t sure who it would be but thought we’d wait anyway since we were there.

Drawing on the map kept her occupied

I messaged Gary and he came round to meet us when he got off Big Thunder. It was 10 to 10 so we only waited 10 minutes and were second in line. The man in front of us told another lady behind it would definitely be Mickey so I was quite excited he’d be Libby’s first meet and first autograph in her book! Then he came out in his Phantom Manor clothes and I was even more excited, its so smart!

It's Mickey!

Libby was very excited, she absolutely loved him and he was very sweet with her.

Once we’d met the man himself, it was now 10am and the park was getting busier as the public (non-hotel guests) streamed in.

We headed over to Discoveryland, grabbed a Buzz fastpass and joined the 15 minute Orbitron queue. This ended up being a bit longer and tested Libby’s queueing patience . She was flagging a bit now after all the excitement and the heat too.

Gary and Libby rode in one rocket and I was in the one in front. This ride is faster than it looks!

When we got off, we went straight over to use our Buzz fastpass. Libby was really excited and remembered about shooting the monsters from riding the night before . She quite liked being in charge of the spinning this time, which was funny as Gary was trying to better his previous score and she just kept spinning us round .

After Buzz we headed to the shops on Main Street. Libby had some holiday pennies from her Grandparents but there were so many soft toys she couldn’t decide. She liked to cuddle them all but kept putting them back! She eventually chose a Sully in his Monsters University tee and an Elsa notepad and Stich pen (this seems random, it is but she wanted them as opposed to some of the toys I was showing her so who was I to argue!). Gary bought 2 pins too.

It was busy now and we wanted some chill time this afternoon before coming back into the park tonight, so out we went. We went to Earl of Sandwich for some lunch. It was lovely and quiet at 12pm. Gary had the full montage and I had an Italian. We got Libby a kids meal with a fruit salad. This was a really tasty lunch and it was nice and chilled since it wasn't busy.

After we had eaten we headed back to the hotel.

We tried to get Libby to nap in her buggy on the way but it was fruitless . We went swimming for a bit but didn’t last long. Libby had a sore tummy and she was tired. The pool was nice and quiet though and they had lots of flotation devices etc available for little ones. On our way back to the room we went into the shop and Libby chose a Moana playset. she also tried on some hats...

We went in to the Captains Quarters to grab a drink to take back to the room but Libby decided she was sitting in before we’d even ordered! She just ran over and jumped up onto a leather armchair and made herself comfy, so when the waiter asked if we wanted a table we said yes and took that one.

We ordered a cocktail each and a muffin to share. The waiter brought Libby some gold coins over so he was her new best pal! Our cocktails were really good (I don't have a note of what they were sorry) and this was a lovely bit of chill time. We paid €33 incl tip and headed back to our room.

The corridors in this hotel go on forever!

We all napped, I’m pretty sure Gary and I fell asleep before Libby but with her lying down too she eventually dozed off. I’d set an alarm for 4.15 incase we didn't wake as we had Inventions booked for dinner at 6.

The alarm woke us and we got ourselves ready and walked back round to the Disneyland Hotel for our Inventions reservation.

In the Disneyland Hotel

We got there about 10 minutes early and were second in the queue. Once they opened we were straight in and as soon as we reached our table Mickey & Minnie were there, they basically followed us from the entrance! Minnie was fussing over Libby’s outfit. She was so excited and loved them signing her book .

The food in here was delicious, it’s buffet style and we thought the selection was excellent. It was all very fresh and the chefs were standing over it tidying up and making sure it looked perfect. I didn't note the order we saw the characters but they all came over multiple times and the interaction was fantastic.

She showed Rabbit her bunny

We had a lovely view of the castle too!

Libby was a bit fussy, she had a sore tummy which was a shame but there was plenty for her to see for distractions.

There was an American guy beside us on his own, he asked Gary to take his photo and we got chatting to him a bit. He was from California so I asked how the park compared to his home one.

I didn't take photos of our food, I was so distracted by characters and sorting Libby was I do have a photo of my dessert plate (round 1 ) because I sent it to my mum!

We paid €84 to top up our half board plus vouchers, 2 cokes and an apple juice. Worth absolutely every penny . We would have paid out of pocket for this but it’s a better deal if you have a meal plan to top up.

We’d noticed it was raining outside as we were eating and as we headed out into the park it was drizzly but it soon went off. We decided to walk up the arcade.

It's so nice in here

Harrington’s was quiet so we headed in to get some Pandora charms. I wasn’t decided but had seen the new Toy Story ones a couple of days earlier so wanted to check them out. I had to have the Buzz charm, we are huge Toy Story fans anyway and it reminds me of this trip and how many times Libby had us on Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast! We also got the Toy Story Alien as a graduation present for Gary’s little sister.

Libby was asking to go on Buzz but it was showing a wait so I ran round to get a Fastpass while they waited at the fountain outside Plaza Gardens, then we went to Adventureland, taking some castle pics on the way.

Gary and Libby explored the Swiss Family Robinson Tree while I stayed with the buggy.

It started to drizzle again so we walked round to It’s a Small World for a boat ride in the dry.

When we came out, it was pouring so Gary went to get the buggy and Libby and I started to walk towards the castle. We sheltered under the overhang of a closed merchandise cart. I could see him running over with the empty baby jogger but it didn't look quite right. Once he got to us and I saw what was underneath in the basket I realised it wasn't ours . He ran all the way back quickly to swap it and find the right one .

It was really raining now, we followed the Princesses on their way home from dinner at L'Auberge de Cendrillon, through the back path to Discoveryland.

We had a look in the Star Wars shop then went to use our Buzz fastpass. The cast member told Libby she was very cute and I said she was very excited, this was her favourite ride. She gave us back our paper Fastpass and said we could go on again .

This time Libby sat up and shot herself the whole time. I didn't get a look in haha! She was KNACKERED now though, we all were so we decided not to ride again and call it a night since it was still wet.

Night night Disneyland

On the way back through the village we stopped at a bake stand and Starbucks. Straight into bed when we got back to the hotel, Gary was asleep before Libby but she wasn’t long after!

Thanks for reading .
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely day, Libby is growing up fast.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a fantastic day, so full of fun but still time for swimming and a nap... you guys have got the balance absolutely spot on!

The photos with Phantom Mickey are amazing, I love his outfit!

Inventions dinner looked brilliant, my sister was there a couple of weeks before you and she raved about how good it is as a character dining experience... we will definitely be booking up on our next trip! (worth it for that dessert plate alone I would say!)

I had to chuckle at the buggy mix up... an easy mistake to make when there are a sea of them and they all look the same! Glad Gary made it back and did the switch without any drama!

Such a lovely read, thank you as always for sharing!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Breakfast sounds great! Newport Bay is definitely top of our list of hotels for a DLP stay when we go back one day.

Inventions looked so lovely too, Libby seemed to have a blast with all the characters!

More gorgeous photos today, love the ones with Phantom Manor Mickey, how cool is he!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List