Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Japan Planning

We are thinking of going to Tokyo/Tokyo Disney next September.. I haven't done much research/planning because I've been focused on our Florida trip this September..

But now I'm thinking I might be have missed any good deals on hotels etc?

I booked our Florida trip 18 months beforehand so not sure if Tokyo Disney needs to be treated the same.

I hope this makes sense!
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Don't worry, booking in Japan doesn't seem to be done anywhere near as far in advance as we are often used to. If you want to stay in a Disney hotel, these aren't available to book until 5 months before your stay on a room only basis, or 6 months in advance if you book a "vacation package" (but these don't appear to be good value). Buying your park tickets when you arrive is also very much the "done thing". There are several non-Disney hotels in the Disney area, and the Hilton Tokyo Bay is the one that often comes up as having flash sales, but again it is highly unlikely that you've missed these yet.

Hotels elsewhere in Tokyo and Japan don't seem to book up far in advance, and often aren't available to book at all until months - rather than years - in advance. For September next year I'd say that now is a good time to start to your planning and if you find things unavailable to book it is more likely that they aren't available yet, rather than that they are booked up.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

We did 3 different hotels over our 10 days there.
Two nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay for Disney
Six nights at JR Mets Shibuya just inside the station
One night at new Muji hotel, on top of their new store in Ginza

The first 2 hotels we booked via booking.com as soon as we picked the dates (once we had locked in flights) and checked they had free cancellation.

Then kept eye on Hilton Japan doing their regularly flash sales and saved about $90 a night on the room, then cancelled the booking.com one.

Kept eye on the price of the JR Mets rooms and noticed it dropped twice before we went, so booked a new and cancelled the booking.com ones. Final booking as direct with them.

Muji hotel was a treat and wonderful - but price never went down lo.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thank you both so much for replying!

You have both been so helpful! In regards to the flash sales for the Hilton.. are they on their own websites?

Tokyo just seems like a mind field! I think I need to watch lots of YouTube videos and do some research! 😊
Old 9 Sep 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Japan is very odd like that. We were extremely twitchy about booking our hotels within a few months of our arrival but it does work. The large chains do their usual offers (Hilton, Okura etc) but other smaller ones might only be 6 months. Dont immediately discount airbnb too, our Kyoto AirBnB was absolutely fantastic and it was great to stop in a japanese house.

As others have said, look for ones with free cancellation so you know you have SOMEWHERE then hunt for bargains.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
martha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NatashaAudrey View Post
Thank you both so much for replying!

You have both been so helpful! In regards to the flash sales for the Hilton.. are they on their own websites?

Tokyo just seems like a mind field! I think I need to watch lots of YouTube videos and do some research! 😊
Sign up to the Hilton newsletter and then you should get an email re sales. Once you go on the website it tends to appear as a pop up too!

We stayed at the Hilton Tokyo bay and bought our park tickets from the hotel. Lovely hotel great location. We stayed in 3 other hotels - 2 booked through hotels.com (there’s usually a 10% off deal) and another through last minute.com. Didn’t book too far in advance.