Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Nov 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a long day but so varied. Solvang looks so pretty and so pleased then the sun came out. What fun with the impromptu water sports but grrrr at the bill. Really takes the shine off. You did well around LA with it being so late . And I’m still trying to work out if your fries were diamond crusted because that was one expensive bill.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a long day but so varied. Solvang looks so pretty and so pleased then the sun came out. What fun with the impromptu water sports but grrrr at the bill. Really takes the shine off. You did well around LA with it being so late . And I’m still trying to work out if your fries were diamond crusted because that was one expensive bill.
Solvang is such a quirky little town, I'm really pleased we stayed there for the night.
It was so annoying about the Paddle Boarding as we'd had such a great time it really did take the shine off!
That part of LA really is a crap hole in the evening, I wonder if its any better in the day?
Haha oh I know, that's Santa Barbara prices for you

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Solvang is such a pretty little place. Santa Barbara looked so lovely too I so wanted to go there but we didn't have the time!
Paddle boarding looked such fun but wow I can't believe that extra charge!
Hollywood Boulevard was still a dump in the day
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Solvang is such a pretty little place. Santa Barbara looked so lovely too I so wanted to go there but we didn't have the time!
Paddle boarding looked such fun but wow I can't believe that extra charge!
Hollywood Boulevard was still a dump in the day
Solvang is really quirky isn't it, it almost looks more Danish than Denmark
We had a great day on the water but it did leave a bitter taste with the extra charges
Haha that's good to know we didn't miss out on anything by not going in daylight

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Santa Barbara is beautiful- looks so clean and the beach just goes forever. The was a very expensive lunch it would appear they are making the most of the tourist trade. Both my boys love paddle boarding- I like watching :d it’s great you had a lovely time, shame about the staff at the end. It always surprises me that Hollywood Blvd isn’t super fancy and glamorous. I can appreciate that lots of tourists visit but is seems to be the polar opposite of what you would expect. Another super busy day
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Santa Barbara is beautiful- looks so clean and the beach just goes forever. The was a very expensive lunch it would appear they are making the most of the tourist trade. Both my boys love paddle boarding- I like watching :d it’s great you had a lovely time, shame about the staff at the end. It always surprises me that Hollywood Blvd isn’t super fancy and glamorous. I can appreciate that lots of tourists visit but is seems to be the polar opposite of what you would expect. Another super busy day
I could have spent at least a couple of nights in Santa Barbara, such a nice town
I knew I would be rubbish at Paddle Boarding, again I'm better sat down . It did leave a bitter taste in my mouth at how they over charged us though
I had read so many reports of Sunset Boulevard being a crap hole but until I saw it with my own 2 eyes I didn't realise how bad it is! It's still one of those places that you have to at least visit once

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Solvang looked really nice in daylight, the buildings are lovely. Santa Barbara looked beautiful too. The paddle boarding looked good fun, shame about the jobsworth charging you for being late
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Solvang looked really nice in daylight, the buildings are lovely. Santa Barbara looked beautiful too. The paddle boarding looked good fun, shame about the jobsworth charging you for being late
Solvang is such a quirky town, really friendly people apart from the server from breakfast
Santa Barbara is stunning, we all really loved it there. It was such a shame about the added charge as it really deflated our high that we were on for a while

IG - alicialanesmith