Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 10 - Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom

Day 10 - Coronado Springs Resort and Animal Kingdom

We had a slow start and didn't wake up until our alarm went off at 9. It was our first lie in of the holiday so not surprising we had been very tired.

We packed up the rest of our stuff then checked out just before 11. We ordered a Lyft to take us to Coronado Springs, this was $16, we did a similar journey last time we visited except to Saratoga Springs and got a Mears, I seem to recall this was much more expensive.

[url=https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p/2hAJgTp]

We had checked in online so just picked up our magic bands, and dropped our bags off at bell services and went to collect our refillable mugs.

We both went for the halloween ones.

We went for a little wander around - wow this resort is amazing!

Then got some lunch in El Mercado, I got the chicken rice bowl with a margarita (as alcohol is now included in the dining plan ) and Chris had a beef rice bowl with a Corona. These were very good.

We just finished and I got a notification to say my instacart order had arrived and I needed to go and show my ID as my order included alcohol. I found the driver to show him my ID and then he left it with bell services. We had got some snacks, drinks and a few bits and pieces, it was a really handy service so would recommend it.

Shortly after I got an email with our room number, it was before 1 so we were very happy. We were in 5411 in Casistas 5 which was what I had requested. I had booked a water view room and we were very happy with the view.

View from outside our door.

We tried to call bell services but couldn't get through so we wandered over. I topped up our mugs while Chris went to bell services. He got a lift back on the cart . We unpacked all of our stuff, it was so nice to be able to completely unpack, it made me realise how many clothes we both had brought with us.

All my ears

It took a while to sort our stuff, then we left about 3.15 to go to our first ADR at Boma. We had no idea how long it would take to get a bus to AK, then change for the lodge so we left plenty of time. We ended up getting there about 4, an hour ahead of our ADR.

We loved Casistas 5, it as only 4 min walk from the first bus stop. First impression was that we absolutely loved Coronado Springs.

We wandered around AKL and looked at the animals and the shop. We checked into Boma at 4.45 and were shown to our table just before 5.

I got a glass of water and a glass of chenin blanc and Chris got a jungle juice and a safari amber ale.

We started with some soups which we had read are amazing at Boma, I had the corn cream chowder and Chris had the curried seafood coconut soup, both were very good. The mains consisted of different meats, salads, couscous. All very nice and we finished with some South African apple cake, brownie, zebra dome, malva pudding and some mickey shaped dessert.

This would have come to $125 in total, we used 2 dining credits. We were full, but not massively stuffed which was nice. We enjoyed the different variety of food, we went to South Africa last year so it was a nice reminder of our trip.

We got a bus back to animal kingdom, we had booked three fastpasses and our dinosaur one was quite soon so we rushed straight there. It was a walk on though so we didn't need to worry. This ride really scares me . We then went to Everest, this was one of my favourite rides before but having been on Hagrid's, it had changed my opinion - I still enjoyed it but not a favourite.

We had a FoP fastpass for 45 mins time, so we wandered over to Pandora to take a look around. It was very impressive. At 7.30 we used our FoP fastpass and booked a rivers of light FP.

Wow FoP is amazing , we got off and rushed over to use of Rivers of Light FP, this show was also very good.

We went to get our bus after, we had quite a long wait. Coronado Springs by far had the longest queue, which I'd heard recently has been happening. We got back just after 9.

I had ordered Chris a gift from Disney floral gifts, as this included alcohol they hadn't been able to deliver it. I called reception but they said they didn't have anyone who could deliver it so we wandered over to reception. Chris had no idea what we were going for

I had ordered the Buzz air walk balloon but they messaged the day before that there had been a manufacturing problem so would substitute it with other stuff. I was disappointed but wow they definitely substituted it! I ordered a balloon, glasses and bubbly. We also got given a platter of sweets to make up for the problem.

I wasn't expecting it to be as big as this, so reception found us someone to drive us back to our room

We thought we might be able to see the star wars fireworks from our room or just outside so we got a beer, a mickey crispy treat and stood outside watching the fireworks. My parents were actually at the park as they had spent the day at HS. I had booked them the Fantasmic dessert party as an extra surprise

Sorry last bit in the comments below as I had too many images!

Edited at 11:18 AM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

My parents Fantasmic dessert party

We watched them then went to bed.

Day 11 - Galaxy Edge EMH and HS

Edited at 10:42 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

What a great day and your balloon treats look amazing xx
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
What a great day and your balloon treats look amazing xx
Thank you 🙂