Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile Is OLCI mandatory?

Hi all. Flying Virgin. Is online check in mandatory? You might think why wouldn't you but I have my reasons! OH sometimes has check in issues due to his 'common' name which leads to a stressful check in process. If I do olci the night before and I cant check him in, I wont sleep. I'm a rather not know and think positive person!
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I never do online check in, didn’t in September when I flew Virgin.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
If you've already booked your seats etc. there's usually no reason why you have to check in online unless you're flying with Ryanair (and I think Wizz Air?) and want to avoid their airport check in fee - there may well be other airlines that charge as well, but that still doesn't stop you from doing it of course. Not all airlines and/or routes even offer it.

You might just have to queue for a bit and if you haven't pre-booked your seats you have to take more of a chance on where you get seated.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian

Edited at 02:19 PM.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We have never done it, never had problems checking in at the airport, just make sure that we take address of where we're staying.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

It isn’t mandatory but highly advisable.

If your flight is over sold then they are less likely to bump one who has OLCI against another that hasn’t confirmed they will fly - once I heard this at a UNIQ event I have always completed OLCI (where I can) and still use checkin at airport - belt and braces
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It isn’t mandatory but highly advisable.

If your flight is over sold then they are less likely to bump one who has OLCI against another that hasn’t confirmed they will fly - once I heard this at a UNIQ event I have always completed OLCI (where I can) and still use checkin at airport - belt and braces
That makes sense. I have already pre booked our seats and have just tried a dummy booking. They are still selling the flight so I assume it's not oversold..hopefully!
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yetihunter View Post
That makes sense. I have already pre booked our seats and have just tried a dummy booking. They are still selling the flight so I assume it's not oversold..hopefully!
Thanks

They may still allow bookings when the flight is showing full as there is often no shows for various reasons - it’s when the anticipated level of no shows don’t materialise that denied boarding occurs
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I think all flights are oversold.
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think all flights are oversold.
Oh damn, I think I'm going to have to do olci! 🥺
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh damn, I think I'm going to have to do olci! 🥺
The chances of being involuntary bumped are really, really low. I have seen reported as 0.01%. Airlines are more often than not accurate on their no show predictions and most people that are bumped are volunteers.