Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Feb 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

When i was growing up i always envied my friends who's families had sunday dinner. My family was a little different. I swore when i grew up i would always have sunday lunch. If I'm off duty then its a full roast and pudding.
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My in-laws have one every Sunday, we join them now and again but I never cook one for my partner and I. We are moving away soon so I might start it as I do enjoy a good roast but always seems like so much effort for two people!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We still have one and I make a shepherd's pie or similar on a Monday. I am feeling very old. (Do not comment Mickey House)
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always have Sunday roast. Wouldn’t feel like Sunday without. Monday nights tea comes off it too.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Every Sunday if we all here.just getting sorted to do ours .

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We have Sunday lunch actually on a Sunday sometimes. We usually have a proper dinner (ie, meat, potatoes and a couple of veg with gravy) about 3 times a week. My girls love a dinner! And it’s so easy to do.

Kat

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I love Sunday roast and try and do one as often as I can or we will go out for one. My kids aren’t as bothered as me and I guess that’s due to the fact that Sunday’s are now almost like every other day and they always have something else to do
Paprika roast lamb
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I love a roast. So does DS but OH isn’t really that fussed so we rarely have them.
It does create a lot of mess.

I do think families getting together on Sundays, roast or not is less frequent.
Of course there are exceptions but children don’t stay in the same towns so much now and people live further apart and have busier lives.

This was never my life anyway as grandparents were never local but certainly friends used to spend sundays with family.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We still have a roast most Sundays.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluefish
Getting Excited

We never have a roast, don’t like them. I can’t say I have ever cooked one

Everyday the 3 of us eat different things at different times so never have a meal together unless we go out.
Bluefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List