Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lpd222 View Post
We did consider doing that, but don’t really want to start the holiday in the wrong foot if you know what I mean.
Nowt to lose lpd, they either say it was cancelled (oh dear, we didn't know) or the room isn't to capacity and they may let you in . Worth a punt perhaps
Old 17 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

They’ve said it was last to book first out, which I find hard to believe considering I booked a year ago. I don’t have a problem with the over booking, I do have a problem with them only informing me with less than 3 weeks to go, especially as my flight changed last October & they’ve already sent me the voucher for access to the Vroom.
I think that they may have looked at your dates and thought that you’ve only just booked with a few weeks to go (instead of a year and a few weeks). I’d perhaps call again and check if this could be where they’ve made a mistake. If they don’t move I’d tell them that I don’t believe them and you’ll consider very carefully wither you book another holiday with them again.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I would have expected them to give frequent flyers or those with higher Flying Club status priority when combining flights, rather than last booked/first cancelled.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
I think that they may have looked at your dates and thought that you’ve only just booked with a few weeks to go (instead of a year and a few weeks). I’d perhaps call again and check if this could be where they’ve made a mistake. If they don’t move I’d tell them that I don’t believe them and you’ll consider very carefully wither you book another holiday with them again.
I’ve written to the Managing Director & so it’s been though the process of being ‘re-considered/ looked at’ & it’s got me no where unfortunately.
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I’ve written to the Managing Director & so it’s been though the process of being ‘re-considered/ looked at’ & it’s got me no where unfortunately.
As Toon said, could be a case of FF or FC status, of course they won't readily admit to that as they want all pax to believe they're equally important (my wry smile as I don't swallow that for a second).
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

It would think it will be an ongoing risk while Manchester T2 is undergoing its massive expansion. The 1st section is due to open very shortly with the remainder due to be completed in 2020. Flights are being moved from T1 and if the rumours of T1 being flattened and rebuilt are true, the current disruption across the entire airport campus is only going to get worse before it gets better.

I just hope "Airport City" is going to be worth it!

And thanks for the heads up - I'll be watching my V-room reservation for August like a hawk!
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by allymc316 View Post
But couldn’t the same be said for Virgin. They kept taking bookings to grab as much money as possible. Then they decide oh we were too greedy and need to cancel bookings. Why should they get to do as they wish without recourse. This was not a “mistake” by Virgin. They knowingly over sell everything and sometimes it bites them, same with plane seats. They need to be prepared for not everyone accepting they can do as they please.
I guess the same could be said of virgin. I hate the practice of overbooking. If I've paid for a seat, or a space in a lounge, whether I turn up or not that space is sold. We all know it's wrong, but it still goes on.
I just think it's a losing battle sending that letter, as I'm not sure what more virgin can do. Other than apologise and refund someone. It's probably stuffed away in t&cs somewhere. Perhaps if you said in the letter what it is you wanted virgin to do they may be accommodating.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve had the vroom a few times before but last time we just did breakfast at the PI then spent a bit of time in the airport . Tbh we didn’t miss v room at all and I would never pay £22 each again. There’s plenty of seating in Manchester airport and a nice duty free to wander round and by the time youve got bag drop, through security etc you dint have a great deal of time left anyway.
Are you staying in a hotel overnight op or direct to the airport ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve had the vroom a few times before but last time we just did breakfast at the PI then spent a bit of time in the airport . Tbh we didn’t miss v room at all and I would never pay £22 each again. There’s plenty of seating in Manchester airport and a nice duty free to wander round and by the time youve got bag drop, through security etc you dint have a great deal of time left anyway.
Are you staying in a hotel overnight op or direct to the airport ?
We’re only half an hour away so, direct to the airport. We lived the Vroom last time & were not shoppers so that doesn’t interest us at all - the v room suited us which is why we booked it. I’m sure we’ll find some way to pass the time 😘
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We’re only half an hour away so, direct to the airport. We lived the Vroom last time & were not shoppers so that doesn’t interest us at all - the v room suited us which is why we booked it. I’m sure we’ll find some way to pass the time 😘
We're airport rebels lpd, we overnight at Heald Green, check-in circa 75 mins pre-push back, by the time we check-in our single case, through security, Boots meal deal and stroll to gate it's time to board. Can't be chowed spending hours at an airport