Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Jul 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzi07
Looking for my Ears

Thoughts on itinerary Oct 2019

Hi

Planning our trip for October 2019, first time visit for us and our children (girl aged 7 and boy aged 5). We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for 10 nights and Royal Pacific Resort for 5 nights. We have upgraded to the Disney dining plan.

I’d appreciate some help with the Disney part of our itinerary (Universal seems a bit easier). I’m a bit worried about the parks being really busy and keen that we have some time to relax/enjoy the resort as well. We will struggle with both late nights and early mornings so planning to do quite a few nights at the hotel and do movies under the stars etc. We would like to do the main rides (although not the big ones) if we can, but wouldn’t spend hours in line just to do a ride (our children will likely be happy to get on anything). We are planning to do a bit of shopping/check out I-Drive etc mainly on the Universal part of the trip (unless we have time on our hands during the Disney part).

Anyways, here is our planned itinerary for now, would appreciate any thoughts:

Friday: arrive Orlando 7pm, to POR and bed!

Saturday (and daughter’s 8th birthday): hopefully do EEMH at MK (7am start) leave around 11.30/12 for brunch at Chef Mickeys. Pool etc in afternoon, horse drawn carriage at POR in early evening.

Sunday: Pool and/or check out Disney Springs, go to Animal Kingdom lodge late afternoon to check out resort/see animals, early dinner at Sanaa.

Monday: hopefully do EEMH at AK, lunch at Tusker House, head back to POR early/mid afternoon.

Tuesday: Epcot (mainly future world), no restaurant booked as planning to do QS and/or food and wine snacks.

Wednesday: Bibiddi Bobiddi at Disney Springs, head to MK ideally in time for parade. We have an early dinner at Cindarella’s Royal Table and then the dessert party later on (booked mainly for the space/view rather than the desserts) for the fireworks.

Thursday: pool and/or Disney Springs, then to HS in the afternoon for an early dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dining Package). Would like to see Toy Story Land if we can, not too fussed about Galaxy’s Edge but will take a look if we can.

Friday: hopefully EEMH at MK, breakfast booked at BOG. Possibly check out Polynesian for a late lunch then back to POR.

Saturday: hopefully EEMH at AK, then to Disney Springs for lunch (Morimoto Asia or Chef Art Smith).

Sunday: lunch at T Rex cafe then to MK around 3pm for MNSSHP.

Monday: late-ish character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, have a look round World Showcase and then off to Royal Pacific at some point in the afternoon.

I’m not sure if we have too much time at MK and not enough time at AK/HS. I hadn’t planned for much time at HS as was expecting it to be mega busy but I won’t know that by the time of booking our fast passes. I was wondering whether to drop the Friday at MK but that’s the only day I can get BOG for and so would be sorry to miss that (I think?). Just trying to decide before fast pass window opens!

Not sure if we are doing too much or too little!

Thanks in advance!
Suzi
Suzi07 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Take a look at my October plan for ideas. If you press on the little calendar icon under my signature you will be able to check it out and also do one of your own if you like?

We have a similar set up to you, with 4 nights HardRock hotel then 10 nights POFQ. We've done the onsite thing a couple of times and by no means experts compared to some but I've learned a couple of things over the years.

Also, If you would like a countdown press on mine and you can set yours up if you like as I can see this is your first post.

Welcome to the Divb there is so much to learn, I'm still learning something new all the time!

I don't think your plan looks too busy at all and has a decent amount of relaxation as well as park time.

Basically, ive always considered morning park time and more relaxed afternoon/evening the first week and then more relaxed morning and busier afternoon/evenings the second week due to body clock changes. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

1. October shouldn't be too bad crowd wise. Most American kids are in school and it is too early for school trips (which tend to be in spring).
2. On day 2 go to a park early. The pool will be there in the afternoon and it will be much warmer. Mornings can be a little cooler.
3. I have found Disney Springs really crowded on the weekends. I think it is a plce to go for a bit of Disney without admission prices and attracts a lot of locals/non park vacationers.
4. Don't write off the "big"rides. My grandson, then 4 and a pretty cautious kid, loved splash mountain and goofy's coaster at Disneyland last year. I was surprised but he was willing to go if Daddy went with him. Mom had to stay behind with2 yerar old who didn't make the heights. I would try Goofy's coaster (or equivalent) or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train to begin. Both have theming that appeals to kids.
5. With young ones, you never have too much time at MK. Took my grandsion to WDW when he was 11 months and AK was great for him.
6. Don't forget to do shows and plan time for street performances.
7. I would spend WDW/Universal transition day at WDW. You have more than enough time at Universal with young kids especially with express pass.

Know you can always spend morre time than planned in parks but
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Suzi07
Looking for my Ears

Thanks very much for the advice. It’s Columbus Day weekend when I go so the parks are looking very busy on the Sunday (Day 2) but take the point that we may be up early with jet lag so I might just book my fast passes for HS early, just in case we are up and feel like going.
Thanks again!
Suzi07 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Touch of Tink
Trainee Dibber

Looks like a good plan to me, but I must ask why are you doing Bibbidi Bobbidi at Disney Springs rather than MK as you are going there that day? When my DGD had her makeover at the Castle I thought the whole experience was more magical than at Disney Springs, rather than being in a window or the fact that shoppers can see. Only my opinion though and I hope she, and you, enjoy the whole thing. Well worth it
Touch of Tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List