Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 5 - The Day Everything Caught Up With Noah and He Was Sick

Welcome to our trip report! I'll start off by introducing the family and a little about the name of the report in case you haven't read the pre-trippie.

We are a family of five and we returned from Orlando in November 2018. In September 2018 Virgin had a MASSIVE sale and I found a bargain for just over £300pp for direct flights, accommodation at Rosen Inn International and transfers for 9 nights! It was too good a deal to pass up so I booked it. I intended to tell everyone at Christmas but needed to tell Mr Grump earlier. We told the kids on Christmas morning and they were over the moon.

Find the Index HERE

Previous day is HERE

So this trip consisted of:

Myself (Kelly) - Chief planner and organiser ... none of the trip would have happened without me

Husband (Chris) - The laid back photographer one ... I guess it wouldn't have happened without him paying for it so I have to give him some recognition there

Caitlin (12) - total drama llama and pre teen one.

Thomas (10) - the cheeky brain box one.

Noah (6) - the cute one. Noah is autistic and struggles with change so holidays are quite often a challenge for him

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 5 - The Day Everything Caught Up With Noah and He Was Sick

So this morning I'd set my alarm for 7am as we wanted to get to early morning hours at Universal Studios at 8am. We were all so tired, I pottered around getting ready then woke Chris at 7.15 and the kid's at 7.30am. We checked out and drove to the car park (free with my preferred annual pass) where we parked in Jurassic Park 303, we headed to voodoo donuts and got some donuts.

Voodoo Donuts

So this morning was a quick breakfast, we popped into Voodoo Donuts to grab something to eat on the way. We all choose a donut each.

I honestly can't remember the names of them all but here's so pics

I had the Voodoo donut. I really enjoyed this, it was so nice, think I still prefer a Krispy Kreme donut though. Thomas got the plain donut, Caitlin got the M&M's, Noah the sprinkles and Chris the iced donut. Caitlin and Noah didn't like theirs as they had cinnamon on so just Thomas and I ate all ours, we did share with the others but they weren't keen. Luckily we'd given Noah cereal in the room.

This became a regular problem for us as Americans seem to LOVE their cinnamon but with no one liking it they struggled I'm not a massive lover of it but I can cope. I think next time we'd ask which ones were without cinnnamon.

This was a lot cheaper than I expected at
$10.64

We were in US by 8.20am and did the minions ride. This is a first for Thomas and I as those who read last years report will know on our US day Thomas was ill so I stayed in the resort with him whilst the others went to US.

So much has changed since I had last been here (2003) but some bits I did remember, like Shrek!

I felt rather queezy after Minions so we headed round to Shrek 4D. Caitlin didn't want to do Shrek so she waited outside with the pushchair. We all really enjoyed this and I remembered a lot from 2003 (now why can't I remember what I did yesterday?!)

After this we decided to head round to Diagon Alley before it got really busy as it was coming up to 9am. We arrived at Escape to Gringotts just before 9am. The CM questioned about Noah wearing his ear defenders on the ride. She said she would call ahead and ask her manager and they would let us know.

I vaugley remember there being a really rude woman in the queue here. We were queuing she kept pushing in front with her teenage daughter

Just as I was about to say something a CM came over to speak to us about the ear defenders. I could see the rude woman looking at us and listening in to the conversation

Noah didn't want to take the off and the CM asked if we could sit in the back row, which was fine. He then took us from the queue to a lift where we were straight onto the ride ... in your face rude pushing in lady

We all really enjoyed this ride! It was fab, I'd say probably the best family ride in US. We headed out in to Diagon Alley for the kids to have a play with their wands and Mr Grump to take photos/videos on his Go Pro.

It was coming up to 9.30am and it was getting REALLY busy in here so we decided to leave. I always feel like we never have time to take things in properly which is a shame as I love Harry Potter, hopefully next time we can have a better look and get photos.

As we left Diagon Alley we went to the Knight Bus as there was only one person waiting. Thomas loved this and thought it was amazing that the head was talking to him. Noah didn't want to join in but seeing the head seem to change his mind and he joined in at the end.

We wacthed Kreacher peeping out of his window.

We then walked to Men In Black where we were questioned again about the ear defenders and were asked to check they were secure as the ride spins. We all enjoyed this although the spinning did make me feel a little sick!

We headed round to Springfield where Chris, Caitlin, Thomas and Noah went on The Simpsons ride. I'd heard this was really bad for motion sickness so I sat it out. I had a little wander around Springfield and took some photos then headed to the Coke store and got our refill mug reinstated.

The others came off the Simspons ride and The Simpsons were out meeting people. We went to join the queue but it was closed and they would be back in half an hour. This prompted a full on meltdown from Noah. We kept trying to explain they were coming back and we'd go look in some shops until they came back but he was too far gone at this point. He began throwing everything out of the pushchair so he could get in which resulted in cracking the Disney water fan we'd been using. We strapped him in and he kept trying to kick Caitlin and Thomas so I took him for a walk in the pushchair whilst Chris, Caitlin and Thomas went into the Kwik E Mart for a look around. It took around 15 minutes to calm Noah down and even then I could tell he still wasn't 100% calm. We ventured back to the others and Noah wanted to get some photos before The Simpsons came back out.

It was about 11.15am when The Simpsons came back out again and we were second in the queue. We all absolutely loved this interaction. Bart kept coming over to Noah's pushchair and trying to sit in it which we all found so funny Marge then came over and was pushing him away and shaking her finger at him this was a great interaction and I'd love to do it again

Next up we were a bit peckish after our failed breakfast at Voodoo so we headed to Krusty burger for some lunch.

Krusty Burger

Lunch was over in Krusty Burger or Springfield Fast Food Boulevard. Inside here it's not just burgers, there was pizza, chicken, burgers and a drinks station too. We opted to get pizza, hot dog and curly fries for the kids to share. Mr Grump and I shared a burger and curly fries.

The kids all loved the pizza. The boys weren't keen on the curly fries and Noah didn't like the hot dog (although he did eat the bread ) Mr Grump and I enjoyed the burger and it was really filling too. I thought this wasn't too badly priced for theme park food at all and it filled a nice hole.

Total was
$34.48

We all had toilet stops and as we came out there was a duck and some ducklings ... so cute!

I accidentally almost ran over a chick with the pushchair ... I didn't see it and luckily it missed the wheels ... I think the whole of Universal heard Noah scream at me

'YOU'VE RAN OVER THE BABY! YOU'VE KILLED IT!

Thanks Noah ... luckily no ducklings were harmed at all ... we made a swift exit after this and went to the ride I was most looking forward too ...

ET

Looking through photos I can't believe we didn't get a photo here

The kids and I enjoyed this although Mr Grump complained and said it wasn't very good how dare he diss ET! We headed over to Woody Woodpeckers Rollercoaster then the boys had fun in the Curious George splash park.

Squidward was out in the shop near ET so we went and got photos

There was a little parade going on nearby so we went to have a look. I refilled our drinks mug and Chris took Noah and Thomas to see the parade. Whilst getting the drink I somehow dropped my phone out my pocket and smashed all the back of it I'd already smashed the corner of the screen before we actually came away!

Secret Life Of Pets 2 was due out so the parade was to do with that. We'd seen the first so the kid's knew what it was.

Next up Mr G and I went on Rip Ride Rocket - I had MC Hammer - Can't Touch This. Mr G had Beastie Boys - Sabbotage. This really jarred my back (my own fault I shouldnt have went on!) so I skipped rides for the rest of the day.

Whilst waiting Noah was drawing pictures in his book ... this is his picture of Cat In The Hat

Everyone else went on transformers, Mr G and the boys went on Fast and Furious whilst Caitlin and I watched some fit worker men singing 👷🤤

I did get a picture but I can't find it! I did a quick WhatsApp call with a friend from home who was very jealous So was Mr Grump when he came out of F&F with the boys

Mr G and Thomas went on The Mummy and we refilled our mug and sat in the shade. We decided to get the Hogwarts Express to Islands of Adventure as Mr G wanted to ride Hulk as he didn't get to do it yesterday.

I told Mr Grump to go on ahead and me and the kids had a slow walk over to Hulk. My back was really hurting by now. We refilled our drink on the way.

Mr Grump came off Hulk and we had a look in the shop as we exited IOA. I was so tempted to get this for Mr Grump

Thomas spent some of his money in here and got a pin I think and a lollypop

It was just gone 4pm so we left and headed to Hooters for dinner.

Hooters

This had been a last minute decision as Mr Grump decided a few days before he definitely wanted to go here so a quick rejig of the plans and I squeezed it in. Now I couldn't find any coupons but I did sign up to the club but didn't receive anything.

Anyway ... we went to the one on I-Drive and it wasn't too busy when we arrived. We were seated straight away and our server was lovely. She was training another girl so we had 2 servers. They were excellent in here for keeping our drinks topped up, we barely finished them before they offered refills which were great. We ordered an appetiser to share:

Beer Cheese and Pretzels - A creamy blend of cheese infused with stout beer and served with salted Bavarian pretzels.- $9.99

The kids didn't like these. Mr Grump and I enjoyed them although I wasn't too keen on the beer cheese sauce.

Twisted Texas Melt - Grilled 8 oz. burger with Daytona beach sauce, caramelized onions, bacon and cheddar cheese served on Texas toast. - $12.99

I opted for the 'bucket fries' with mine. I really enjoyed this but it was HUGE! I'm ashamed to say I probably only managed about half and that was after dissecting it

Philly Cheesesteak - Shaved steak sautéed with onions, peppers and mushrooms topped with provolone cheese served on a toasted hoagie bun - $12.99

Again Mr Grump enjoyed this but it was just too much he managed around 3/4s of it.

Kid's Chicken Strips - 3 Chicken Strips, grilled or fried, and your choice of side item and beverage. - $5.99

Thomas had the kids chicken strips and he really enjoyed these. He said they were nice and crispy.

Kid's Burger Sliders - 2 mini burgers served with your choice of side item and beverage. - $5.99

Caitlin opted for Noah cheese again and swapped the fries option for a fruit pot. Caitlin enjoyed these and said the burgers were really nice.

Kid's Cheese Quesadilla - Includes your choice of side item and beverage - $5.99

We decided to get this for Noah as he enjoyed his cheese quesadilla in Satul'i Canteen last year. He didn't like this one he also didn't like the 'fries' I'm assuming they didn't do real fries as it was those 'bucket fries' or curly fries to choose from. In hindsight he'd have probably been better with some fruit or something. We figured he'd be ok as he would eat some popcorn in the cinema as he loves popcorn. So again Noah's meal was wasted.

Mr Grump and I enjoyed our food here but it wasn't good for Noah sadly. I've had Hooters in Prague and if I'm honest I preferred it in Prague! Not sure why. There was nothing wrong with the food or service but I don't think it's somewhere we'd return.

The total for all of this including tip was
$73.

Before we left Mr Grump wanted his photo taken with a Hooters girl to send to the guys at work

We left Hooters at 6.25pm and headed to the Regal Cinemas at Pointe Orlando. The car park here was absolutely heaving but we eventually managed to park and found our way to the cinema.

We went to see Aladdin and got some snacks to take into the cinema. I signed up to Regal Cinemas before we went and got a voucher for a free small popcorn, so I used this and we bought 2 drinks, a coke zero and sprite for us all to share but didn't get photos. We popped some butter on the popcorn.

This was
$11.91 for 2 small drinks .. so quite pricey but it's typical cinema prices really.

When we got in we found it was in the IMAX cinema 🤔 I knew this was going to be a problem for Noah.

We went in and watched the trailers, Noah said he didn't like the popcorn and didn't want it. About half way through Mr G took him to the toilet. About 15 minutes later he said he felt sick so I took him to the toilet. He said his tummy hurt. We put it down to nerves, barely eating and tiredness. Towards the end Noah got upset as he was so exhausted but it was just too loud. I was just about to take him out when he fell asleep.

When the film finished I carried him out, just as I was putting him down to stand outside the theatre he was sick 🤢 all over the floor. I sent Caitlin to inform an attendant and Mr G took him to the toilets. He came out fine and full of beans again 🤣 I think a combination of everything just got to him poor boy. I set Caitlin, myself and Thomas up in a triangle to try and keep people from walking through it. We ended up waiting almost 10 minutes for someone to come clean it up! Mr G said we should just go and leave as we'd informed an attendant but I didn't feel comfortable doing that and letting people walk through it. As soon as the attendant arrived I apologised and we left. Noah was now full of beans 🤣

We got back to the hotel at 10pm, gave Noah a box of cereal from home and got sorted for bed. Everyone was asleep by 10.15pm.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Good day at Universal, with more fun character interactions. A bit hit and miss with your food options today. I have to say the food at at Hooters looks great, it does look a lot though. Poor Noah being so ill, it seems that being sick got it out of his system so hoping he was well the next day.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Good day at Universal, with more fun character interactions. A bit hit and miss with your food options today. I have to say the food at at Hooters looks great, it does look a lot though. Poor Noah being so ill, it seems that being sick got it out of his system so hoping he was well the next day.
Thanks for reading Lynda

To be honest I don't think there was anything wrong with any of the food, it was just purely not to our liking which was a shame.

He was much better thank you. We kept cheetos and cereal in the bag from now on to make sure we had stuff we at least knew he would eat! Poor little sausage xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The secret doorway on escape from grigotts sounded good. I'm glad you all managed to ride Minions together this trip. I'm loving all the Simpsons photos, the kids look like they are really enjoying themselves. Plus the photos with the ducks are really cute.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The secret doorway on escape from grigotts sounded good. I'm glad you all managed to ride Minions together this trip. I'm loving all the Simpsons photos, the kids look like they are really enjoying themselves. Plus the photos with the ducks are really cute.
The kid's loved it and it was great to watch them, thanks for reading as always Abby Xx
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

HAHAHAHA at ‘You’ve ran over the baby!’ Bless Noah.

I think Hooter's looks fab, no frills food, those uniforms though! Wow!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
HAHAHAHA at ‘You’ve ran over the baby!’ Bless Noah.

I think Hooter's looks fab, no frills food, those uniforms though! Wow!
Don't bless him, the amount of people looking over at me I just wanted to hide little monkey!

It wasn't a bad meal at all tbf, service was fab, just the food not to our tastes much. Wait till you see the back of them I didn't think it was appropriate to put that photo on here haha xx
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I had to laugh at you getting one over on the pushing lady. We love the Harry Potter areas too and always wish we had more time to look around. It looks like you had some great fun with the Simpsons.

What a shame that Noah was sick at the end of the day but good that he quickly bounced back.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I had to laugh at you getting one over on the pushing lady. We love the Harry Potter areas too and always wish we had more time to look around. It looks like you had some great fun with the Simpsons.

What a shame that Noah was sick at the end of the day but good that he quickly bounced back.
I really dislike people like that ... especially when kids are involved ... it's just plain rude. Reminded me of the kid in Disney when we went to see Philarmagic!

It's done so well ... you actually feel like your there! We're definitely spending more time next time. I'm sure I read something online recently too about being able to go on the knightbus? I had no idea!

It is but I think he needed it if that makes sense. He was similar the other day. We went to Toby Carvery for dinner and he chewed himself up in the car (not helped by travel sickness anyway) we took our sick bags with us (we bought some on Amazon for him lol) he was sick just as I brought the food ... once he finished he dug straight in my friends laughed so much at him. He's a funny one xx
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Awww, poor little Noah.

Other than that is seems like a great day where you got lots of rides done and met some characters too. The Simpsons characters look huge and it sounds like a really fun interaction with them all.

A shame about some of the food being wasted, I always find it hard to adjust to the American portion sizes, it’s just SO much!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List