Notices

Old 1 Sep 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Run Disneyland Trip

This Trip Report forms part of another Trip Report The Mouse, a Run and a Cruise - link to the report is here:https://DIBB.in/13752318

We are going to Disneyland Paris from 17th -23 September to take part in the Run Disneyland Paris Weekend. This is the fourth year that the event has taken place and it consists of a 5k on the Friday night a 10K on the Saturday and a half marathon on the Sunday.

We (the adults) are doing all 3 races (the 36K challenge) and the children are joining us for the 5k.

Here are some of the medals we hope to earn!

After running in Paris we make our way to Disneyworld for the Run Disney Wine and Dine event where we are doing the 2 course challenge
(the 10K with the kids) and the half marathon
with a view to obtaining the coveted Castle to Chateau medal which you can acquire if you do 2 Disney half marathons in the space of one calendar year!

It's not just about the running though, we are huge Disney fans, this is the second trip to Disneyland Paris for us this year!

About Us

I am Rachel, I'm about to turn 44 (on the date of the Paris Half Marathon), I am the chief organiser. I have ran half marathons before but at the start of this year I couldn't even run 2 minutes without being out of breath so this really is a challenge!

I am married to Simon who does run more often than me, he is a bit of a reluctant Disney fan so the running really helps!

We have 2 children Joseph and Phoebe who are 13 and 10, both huge Disney Fans!

The plan is to follow! ...
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Love this, the medals for this year look fab. I'm going with my mum again. We are both doing the 5k and I'm doing the 1/2. This year I'm doing it for charity - dear friends of ours lost their 20 yr old daughter last year to Sepsis and they've been tirelessly fundraising since so going to do my bit.

I would love to do the Castle to Chateau one year that's a great achievement. We also love Disney, I have a Simon too but he doesn't run at all. If I go for a run he gets on his bike.

We are travelling up on 18th on Eurostar, I hope this year we have our forms emailed before we go as It a right faff standing in a queue for ages to print them out.

Hope you have a great time, see you there - you'll probably run past me ...
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Gosh I was so busy after posting this I have barely had a minute!
How did you find the races this year? Good on you for doing them for charity, how dreadful for your friend to lose her daughter to sepsis
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List