Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Disney Cruise Info

Hi,

Looking for opinions please, I’m looking into doing a bigger holiday for a big birthday in 2021...the big 40. 🙈

I was looking for something a bit different and a Disney cruise was suggested, we did our first ever Disney trip this year and had a great time & would most definitely like to get back.

So would a Disney trip in 2021 be on the cards doing the likes of Seaworld / Discovery Cove Busch Gardens since we didn’t have the time to do them this trip followed by a Disney cruise to finish off?

I can see that the cruise isn’t cheap so depending on how costly it amounts to will depend on whether it’s a goer or not but it does sound rather exciting...

Any pros or cons? Did and don’t s? Or any other suggestions?
Old 16 Oct 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cityblueboy
VIP Dibber

cityblueboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Disney cruise are fantastic but they are expensive when compared to most other companies. I would look at all routes for when you want to go away and decide based on what’s available, where the cruise goes and price. If you love Disney and you can afford it then go DCL, you won’t regret it
cityblueboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Disney do a range of 3,4 and 7 nights out of Port Canaveral which gives you some choice. We have done a 3 night before to break up a holiday but 7 nights on board is just amazing. They aren't cheap but for a special occasion they are worth it IMO. We just did a 7 night Baltic on the Magic for my 50th. Think it's one of the best holidays we have ever had but paying for it was a killer.
The only other thing to consider is when in your trip to do the cruise. Some people say do it at the end to relax after the parks but we hate doing that. You disembark early on your last day and if you have an overnight flight home it makes for a VERY long 24-36 hour day of hanging around and travelling. We usually go back to the parks for a few days after because of this but everyone has their preferences.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

All I would say is that the extra night you get between a 3 and 4 night does make the extra money worth while. A 3 night its a port every day and this isn't very relaxing. A 4 night gives you a day at sea where there are a lot more activities and events making it better value in my opinion.

I just did 7 days Disney and 4 night cruise and felt it was very rushed. I've done longer cruises and enjoyed them more but it felt like I was off as soon as I was on with a 4 night.

Another thing to think about is what you do after the cruise. Most cruises kick you off around 10am latest and then your flight home might not be until 7pm so you have some hours at the airport or need to find something to do. After my last trip I decided if I did a stay and cruise again I'd look to do the cruise before so it would be a night at the airport then cruise then hotel as this meant maximising the days.
Old 16 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I would definitely go for four nights over three, the difference feels massive.

We’ve cruised DCL a couple of times and while it’s great we’ve enjoyed other cruiselines just as much and they tend to be MUCH cheaper. Plus, a big bonus for me is being able to add on a very reasonable alcoholic drinks package which DCL don’t offer. Think it’s £20 a day for me on NCL for our next cruise and we would spend way more than that on DCL on cocktails.
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We did the Med cruise on the Magic, amazing and 7 nights felt too short!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List