Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 15 Oct 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emilysharratt
a Friend of the DIBB

:) February 2020 itinerary

Good afternoon, we are really excited for our first stay at disneyworld in February. We are doing a split stay staying at AKL for 5 nights then moving to a villa for 9 nights. Our itinerary for the first 5 days feels a bit intense but we want to make the most of being on site with EMH and free dining. Our family consists of me my husband, son who is 6 and daughter who will be four when we fly. Itinerary is:-

9th Feb- Fly and check in. QS meal at the Mara at our hotel
10th- EMH at AK stay till mid afternoon, tuskers at 10am and go back to hotel for a rest/possible nap and head to HS or MK for the evening
11th- Go to MK, Cinderellas royal table 10.30 stay till after festival of fantasy
12th- bit of a later start, breakfast at boma 9am and head to HS for the day
13th- Go to Epcot early for EMH , tea at 5pm via Napoli and go to Polynesian to watch the fireworks at MK (it will be 9 years to the day since my husband proposed to me here!)
14th Check out and head to MK for EMH, Be our guest booked for 10.30 stay till mid afternoon and go get bags/pick up car and head to villa
15th- first real rest day, going to do the local park run and chill at the pool, may go to the outlets in the afternoon depending how we feel
16th- Go to blizzard beach if weather ok and maybe head to disney springs or Epcot for the evening
17th- (presidents day) Avoid all the parks and visit Anna Maria island
18th- go to Hollywood studios, husband is booked in for light saber and droid building in the afternoon
19th- have a chilled morning/ ?outlets then head to AK for late afternoon/ evening. watch rivers of light
20th- daughter booked in for BBB so we will spend the day at MK and the boys are going to NASA
21st- spend the day at Epcot
22nd- start the day at Hollywood studios and then go to MK for the rest of the day and watch the fireworks
23rd- Home day, crazily booked disney princess half marathon to do first, will then possibly go to disney springs to eat something calorific before going to the airport

Do you think this is all doable or are the first few days going to be too intense for the kids? any suggestions or tips would be gratefully received!
Many thanks
emilysharratt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looks good but I’m not sure if watching MK fireworks from the Poly is still possible if you’re not staying there.
Also, Having just returned from AKL would recommend allowing at least an hour to get to anywhere other than AK by bus. The advertised 20 minute bus frequency is not to be relied upon. We were waiting for a MK bus last Friday and saw 5 AK, 2 Epcot, 2 HS, 2 Disney Springs and 1 Typhoon Lagoon during a 30-40 minute wait before a MK bus finally showed up. There was a queue bigger than the bus would take by then, including 2 ECVs which were boarded first, yet they sent away the second MK bus that pulled in just behind it - we were lucky to get on although we were first at the stop. Might be worth using Uber or Lyft if not driving.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
emilysharratt
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks tinselangel that’s great advice! I will have to look into the Polynesian for fireworks it will be a shame if we can’t go 😢 I’ve heard that the bus service is a little unreliable so may use ubers when in a rush
emilysharratt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

You’re going to be there the same time as us, we arrive 8th Feb but are staying at RPR to do Universal for 4 nights then on to Floridays and doing Disney till 22nd. It will be our first time too so I can’t speak from experience, but I have allowed a late start and pool day on our third full day there as we want to head into Universal in the evening for Mardi Gras. I think with jetlag and so on you might struggle to keep on for fireworks and late night activities without some additional downtime by then. My kids are older than yours - 11 & 15 but I don’t think I could cope with their meltdowns when overtired, never mind children aged 6 & 4!
We are also avoiding the parks like you on the Saturday of Presidents Day. We have a late breakfast booked at ‘Ohana so will still be Disney bound.
I’m so excited - we’re telling our children this weekend 😆
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
emilysharratt
a Friend of the DIBB

thanks floridadreams, I think we are going to try and go with a flexible approach and if the kids are flagging we can adapt our plans to suit them. I think I'm currently more excited for the holiday than the kids!