Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Nov 19, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I was pretty sure you were back at POR as there's not too many options for a room for 5. I half remembered you talking about CBR again though and that made me have a little bit doubt. Definitely head over for some beignets and a dip in the pool, you could even catch the boat.
Yeah we did, but we really didn't like the menu choices at CBR so decided on POR again, which we don't mind as we really enjoyed it.

Yes we will I think thanks Abby x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yeah we did, but we really didn't like the menu choices at CBR so decided on POR again, which we don't mind as we really enjoyed it.

Yes we will I think thanks Abby x
I think it will be really special for you to go back home to Riverside. It's part of why we love CBR so much I think as it was our first resort, and then our second too! I can't wait to get on the skyliner and I'm not brilliant with heights but I'm going to be really brave and give it a go. I've watched tons of vlogs and when it all goes smoothly it does seem to be a quick way to get to HS and Epcot without waiting at the bus stop.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh gosh I am feeling all wistful that we won’t be at French Quarter next year now. Especially as the front desk sounds much more efficient than CSR.

One day tickets at Disney are crazy, crazy prices. We definitely take for granted how good a deal the 14-day ticket is, even though the price keeps going up and up.

Howling at your mum thinking that a pizza is a snack. Mine is exactly the same, she thinks anything QS is a snack.

I got the I’m Here for the Food t-shirt! I didn’t pick up the I’m here for the Ears one when I saw it and I have big regrets now.

I really wanted to try that Brownie at Ghiradelli, the only reason I didn’t get one is we were going to Hollywood Studios afterwards and I knew it would melt in the car.

I really like the Little Mermaid show, maybe even more than Beauty and the Beast. It might be the aircon.

So funny about Max and Dave jumping on the bus and leaving you all behind. I bet Dave was scared he would be in trouble.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Got to love a mooch around Disney Springs. I'm with Dave, panicking about choosing the pizza toppings

I sense your patience with your parents is wearing a little thin in regards to their lack of understanding of the dining plan.

Good evening at HS, the meals from Backlot look nice - I do think it's one of the better food options at HS. Yay for getting to ride RnR for "free" with your extra fast passes.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh gosh I am feeling all wistful that we won’t be at French Quarter next year now. Especially as the front desk sounds much more efficient than CSR.

One day tickets at Disney are crazy, crazy prices. We definitely take for granted how good a deal the 14-day ticket is, even though the price keeps going up and up.

Howling at your mum thinking that a pizza is a snack. Mine is exactly the same, she thinks anything QS is a snack.

I got the I’m Here for the Food t-shirt! I didn’t pick up the I’m here for the Ears one when I saw it and I have big regrets now.

I really wanted to try that Brownie at Ghiradelli, the only reason I didn’t get one is we were going to Hollywood Studios afterwards and I knew it would melt in the car.

I really like the Little Mermaid show, maybe even more than Beauty and the Beast. It might be the aircon.

So funny about Max and Dave jumping on the bus and leaving you all behind. I bet Dave was scared he would be in trouble.
They were nice at the desk, but I was starting to get to that huffy sort of stage where you've just been waiting for ages to get it sorted out. But they did do it. And we got the bonus FP.

Poor Mum, I think I was cross that she couldn't read my mind and that she didn't instantly know everything.

That shirt was great I should have got them when Kate pointed them put, but I'm just way too tight to spend those prices for a t shirt! I'm not really a shopper or a spender (apart from the actual holiday).

I think they both thought they'd get told off for getting on thanks, but we of course got seats on the next bus and they are always quick to come at that time of night so I wasn't worrying we'd be waiting ages.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Got to love a mooch around Disney Springs. I'm with Dave, panicking about choosing the pizza toppings

I sense your patience with your parents is wearing a little thin in regards to their lack of understanding of the dining plan.

Good evening at HS, the meals from Backlot look nice - I do think it's one of the better food options at HS. Yay for getting to ride RnR for "free" with your extra fast passes.
The line at Blaze does move at a pace and they do expect you to know exactly what you want. The pizza wasn't too bad in the end even if it was piled high.

Your spider sense was bang on! Whatever gave it away! I daresay I didn't keep my thoughts about it as hidden as I hoped at the time, they must have known I was getting a bit cross!

The Backlot meal was good and nice and laid back as it was so quiet. For burgers and fries we all enjoyed it and mum appreciated that she could have something that wasn't a burger.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Frustrating about the gift card but at least it was sorted and you got some fast passes. A nice relaxed day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Frustrating about the gift card but at least it was sorted and you got some fast passes. A nice relaxed day.
I was annoyed about the gift card. HS was a lot of fun in the evening and as we had done everything it was much more relaxed and we just chilled out in Backlot express waiting for the Star Wars fireworks to start.

Old 30 Dec 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A great relaxed start to the day. There seem to be quite a few good food options that have opened at DS since we last went and I'm not sure how we're going to choose which ones to try. When we stayed at OKW, I really enjoyed being able to get the boat to DS.

I really hate the part when you start making the last trip to each park too and sometimes find it difficult to actually enjoy the end of the holiday instead of keep thinking about going home!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A great relaxed start to the day. There seem to be quite a few good food options that have opened at DS since we last went and I'm not sure how we're going to choose which ones to try. When we stayed at OKW, I really enjoyed being able to get the boat to DS.

I really hate the part when you start making the last trip to each park too and sometimes find it difficult to actually enjoy the end of the holiday instead of keep thinking about going home!
We needed a few slower starts to the day in the second week. None of us really had the stamina for the early morning anymore. Plus as I wanted to see all the fireworks I knew we'd need some days with the option to get up later.

I always try to not do that counting down to the end of the holiday and fail miserably.

Have you done a pre trip for your 2020 holiday? I really enjoyed reading your last trip report and I'm looking at your countdown and we will likely overlap so I'm wondering what your plans are for this trip...

Old 30 Dec 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I think we're going to try to do early mornings in the first week and later starts and fireworks in the second week next year too.

I haven't started the pretrip for next year yet but it's on my to do list. I'm trying to spend the next week before I go back to work firming up some plans so I'm ready for ADRs in February then I'll start the PTR. I'm looking forward to reading yours too. I'm getting through the trip report first though. I was following along with the weekly updates but then real life took over and I haven't been on here much for the last couple of months.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List