Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 17 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question What is your christmas colour scheme?

for me the main decs are red/gold I love other colours and an always tempted to try something new but when I have tried switching it up previous years it never felt right so sticking with the traditional colours again.

DD has gone with the blush pink with light golds that seem popular this year I must admit it is pretty but it hasn't really wow'd me

the boys have mini trees in their rooms and are sticking with sliver & blue / gold & green from previous years
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have a choice..

We can do silver and blue with white lighting.

We can do red and gold with red lighting.

Most of our baubles are clear glass so can be used either way.

This year, we have bought a load of M Mouse baubles from Primark, Blue ones, Red ones and the Advent calendar. Our options remain open!

I can even light the Lego Disney Castle in my lounge in any colour!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm doing buffalo checkmin red and black with galvanised metal and red accents I say modern farmhouse DH says pure Red Neck
The other tree will be what ever the grandkids throw at it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Obviously Mickey Mouse so black and red with a little bit of silver
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I have been green and purple for a couple of years in the living room and blush in the kitchen/diner. We don’t decorate anywhere else.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

All of the colours and all of the things. We've probably been putting some of the same stuff on the tree for about 20 years. I don't do tree fashion - occasionally buy things that I like, but no flamingos or llamas or christmas trees on vehicles etc. I need stuff to last for another 20 years!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I'm doing buffalo checkmin red and black with galvanised metal
Because I have no idea of tree fashion and popular culture I've just googled 'buffalo checkmin' to see what it is. It is, dear reader, a typo - I'm sure it should be 'buffalo check in red and black' as all that I found for buffalo checkmin was some rather dull research articles.

You're welcome
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes it's buffalo check in red and black
It can also be used for black and white/ cream or grey and white sometimes know as check or gingham depending n the fashion
I typed it by the pool while drinking hot choclate so cold fingers it's cool here in Florida right now
My dyslexia doesn't help at times when I read something back as In my mind it looks right
Sorry about that

Edited at 03:04 AM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I have the usual red, green and gold tree, garlands in the mantel piece etc. But I have 3 ‘themes’ that I like to add to every year.

I have a collection of nutcracker soldiers in different sizes and colours which I arrange on the porch sideboard.

My small collection of snowmen (metal, wood, glass etc) sit on the living room bookshelves.

My reindeer collection is my pride & joy. They spend Christmas in the bay window and I love to see them glitter from nearby fairy lights.

Edited at 03:20 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Eric's mum saw some lovely vintage reindeer in Michaels just like my mum had big sis nicked them years ago and I bought a galvanised one in Walmart this afternoon
DIL bought some lovely nutcrackers in sea World this last week she
Is doing when ballet meets panto as her theme this year so,it's white silver pink rose gold and gold sparkle and feathers it will be a beautiful
Magical winter wonderland
think Cinderella Swan Lake nutcrackers Aladdin etc