Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Dec 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
They are beautiful but expensive. I’d love one but can’t justify the price.
They are a really good price at the moment. Up to half price off
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've had one of mine about 6 years and the other longer one pre lit one not love them
You can get a sample branch if you want
It can take an age to fluff them up though when they come out the bag
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I've just had a look at their site the trees are beautiful and the tree ornaments are gorgeous. Next year, I'll be dipping into their selection. They're in the sale now, tempted to buy for next year ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I got the 9’ nordmann fir in the end and I went for the flip tree. It literally took me less than 5 minutes to get it out of the bag and up. I’m glad I got the flip as there Is no way I’d have been able to lift it and slot it together myself. I went for pre-lit and there were plenty of lights which were all evenly spaced.
Fluffing took absolutely ages - over an hour but I am really impressed and it looks fantastic and very realistic.
One minor niggle - the delivery box was a pain to break down and dispose of
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm having a nightmare - wouldn't you know it? Our tree has some lights not working. We suggested a slight reduction on price as for £250 we expect perfection. They refused this (we have already spent ages taking it out the box and assembling it) and said they would send us a replacement and a return label so we can return the faulty tree. They expected us to take it to a Depot. We suggested they collect the faulty tree as the new one is delivered. We are now waiting for the new tree and are hoping we will only need to use the bottom section. Apparently they would normally send just the lowest section but they have run out of spares. Once we have a fully working tree we will get them to arrange collection.
It does look very realistic tho, and I'm sure once I've spent another hour or so fluffing it it will be lovely.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

One of the best things I've bought in Lowes a light bulb tester gun
You point it at each light on the string and the dud ones don't light up
Saves ages and a lot of choice words works on battery's
Unfortunately in the U.K. Balsam Hills customer service isn't great
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ok I now have a working tree. I spent half an hour last night "fluffing" it and obviously that wasn't long enough. I am not a patient person, this is getting irritating. (It looks ok in the dark). Dave says it looks more realistic for being gappy but that wasn't what I was hoping for!
Old 16 Dec 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue the trick is one section at a time and each branch one section up one section down working from the trunk out can take me an hour or more on our 6 1/2 footer
Then if gaps plug them with picks or the quickest way is to buy greenery garland and wrap it round the stem or are far into the tree as you can even tinsel or an ornament garland will work makes an amazing difference it's what professional tree decorators do,
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sue the trick is one section at a time and each branch one section up one section down working from the trunk out can take me an hour or more on our 6 1/2 footer
Then if gaps plug them with picks or the quickest way is to buy greenery garland and wrap it round the stem or are far into the tree as you can even tinsel or an ornament garland will work makes an amazing difference it's what professional tree decorators do,
I wish you lived nearer! What's a pick?
I will be divorced if I spend another penny on it - remember he liked the B and Q one which was £70 cheaper!
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It’s greenery on a stem or berries flowers etc
Have a look at the show us your Christmas trees thread last page it’s my 61/2 foot balsam hill tree not great pictures as I’m no David Bailey
It’s got very few ornaments on it but full of picks even the tree topper is a pick
A run to Joanne’s on your next trip and you will get picks in the sales for buttons it’s what I do

Edited at 12:33 PM.