Old 28 May 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

'Going the Distance' June 2017 - Day 12 - Epcot, Villa + Illuminations

Wednesday 21st June

Day 12

'Going the Distance' - June 2017

Today was another Epcot day. The original plan was to go to the Broadwalk for the Bon Voyage breakfast at 10am and then head into Epcot after that to finish off the World Showcase.

What actually happened is that we found ourselves in the 9am scramble at park opening as Test Track had been down for like 5+ hours on our previous visit to Epcot and so we never got to ride it.

We were in the park by 8:57 and fast walking trying to overtake slow walkers

We were then joining what looked to be a god awful queue at 9:03.

By 9:22 we were designing our car though so really not too bad of a wait and it just shows how much it pays off to do a headliner at 9am.

Our car looked hideous and I don’t even think it did too well, we came 2/3rd overall if I remember correctly. Loved the outside part of the ride though with that acceleration! Even though my hair was a disaster afterward and needed a good brush.

We then headed to World Showcase so we could exit via the International Gateway to walk to the Boardwalk resort.

I love how detailed everything is, like these little maple leaves on the fence in Canada and the telephone boxes in the UK.

I couldn’t resist taking a photo of the lovely cottage in the UK. I’d love to live in a chocolate box type house but I own too many clothes and shoes and such.

World showcase was lovely and quiet – just perfect for looking at the scenery without too many people in the way.

We were out of Epcot by 10 to 10 and decided to walk to the Broadwalk rather then get the boat as the heat was bearable at this time in the morning, plus I thought that walking would be quicker really.

The walk was lovely and very quick! The Epcot resort hotels really are in such a good position. We had lush views of the Broadwalk and the Beach + Yacht clubs. I absolutely adore the look of the Beach/Yacht club – would love to stay there but it’s abit pricey for us Maybe one day…

We arrived at 10:00am, our reservation wasn’t until 10:15 but we were seated straight away which was nice.

Our server was so lovely - she spent lots of time chatting to everyone and was super friendly.

We had coffee and orange for drinks.

The pastries were then brought over in a frying pan which I thought was a great touch. They were all yummy as well and a good size for the two of us. We are quite greedy so could have easily eaten more but we had two more courses to go.

Flynn Ryder appeared as our first Character, he was extremely charismatic and taught Chris how to smoulder

After Flynn’s appearance we had our ‘second course’ which was the berry parfait. You could choose the Parafait or Fruit Salad as the ‘starter’ as it is called on the menu. The parafait was lovely and light which was needed as the pastries were quite filling and we still had the ‘main’ to come.

Rapunzel came next. She was so sweet and small! I’m short and she made me feel tall which is difficult! She asked what our ‘best day ever’ was I honestly can’t remember what we said it was now.

Up next was Prince Eric who was very dashing, he told Chris that he had to fight a sea witch to express his true love for me. Unfortunately this never occurred

Our main courses arrived next.

I had the "Royale Breakfast"
Oak-Grilled Steak, Cheesy Egg Torte, Asparagus, Crispy Onions and Roasted Potatoes.

Steak for breakfast is just one of those things that I love and think is a proper ‘holiday treat’. The crispy onions were lush and the steak was cooked perfectly.

Chris had the “Golden Frittata”
Prosciutto di Parma, Piquillo Peppers, Green Onion, Pecorino Romano and Roasted Potatoes. He scoffed it all so it must have been good.

Ariel arrived not to long after we started eating. She was nice but not as animated as Rapunzel.

Cost of the breakfast was $34 per adult + tip so not cheap but I felt you got quite a lot of food and of course the characters. We didn’t really eat anything else until the evening either so it kept us really full.

We were out by 11am which was fine by us as we were in no rush. We decided to continue walking around the Boardwalk and head back to the international gateway entrance via the Beach Club.

<3 This sign. Isn’t every day a magical day on Disney

The Beach/Yacht Club looked even lovelier up close. The pool looks absolutely incredible and the whole area is just so well themed and relaxing. I had Chris take some photos of me because the setting was just amazing and I like to pretend that we were staying there. A girl can dream right

Oh look, another photo of me...
Poor Chris I really feel for him when I think of how many photos I made him take. Just not sorry enough to stop asking

When we got back into Epcot we went to use our fastpass on the Nemo ride. We had other fast passes for the character spot and for frozen later. The Nemo ride is cute but probably not worth a fastpass as the queue doesn’t seem to get that big anyway.

We spent some time looking in the viewing area after to see of all the animals. All my photos are pretty same-y to be honest though

Not-so-hidden Mickey ft. Fish.

Lovely photo from outside of the monorail + spaceship earth though.

We then went to use our past pass for the Character Spot. The regular queue for this was 40 mins so it was worth a fastpass really and I was keen to get a photo with Mickey in his more traditional outfit.

<3 this photo, I have it in a frame.

Mickey was fascinated by my shoes which had Minnie on them. I think he tried to kiss them

Goofy was as tall as always and I had to seriously stand on tip-toes. Chris went for a really manly handshake.

Minnie was so cute. She loved that I was on her shoes and said she liked my outfit so I’m assuming that she’s a fan of Hercules

It was 1pm now. We felt pretty happy with what we had covered in future world now and as we had a fastpass for frozen in the evening we decided to do another tour of the World Showcase as we rushed some of the countries on our previous visit.

Canada was up first. I loved the totem poles ( pretty sure I’ve said that already), I did my gcse art project (like 6 years ago ) on Native American Indians so had lots of drawings of totem poles etc going on.

Chris took a photo of the onesies, he speaks to one of the members of the YouTube channel ‘Linus Tech Tips’ on the internet and so he sent this to him as he wanted to know what was in the Canada Pavilion(they are from Canada).

We breezed through the UK really as we had already spent some time there on our previous Epcot trip. I have this photo of Chris for some reason though. Makes a change from a 1000 photos of me I suppose.

At least he isn’t pulling a funny face.

Next up was France and we didn’t stay very long – just long enough to meet princess Aurora as the lightning/storm scared her off last time. She was nice but not the best princess meet. There were two little girls in the queue in front of us, one wearing a blue dress one in a pink which was mega adorable. <3

Morocco next.

We failed to get a drink in here on our last visit so stopped at the Spice Road Table Bar and got a cocktail whose name escapes me but was a little like a sex on the beach.

It was $12.99 and came in pretty hefty glass.

We explored the pavilion some more. Marrakesh is on my holiday bucket list, I love all the mosaics etc.

Chris looking at the cocktail very intensely there :P

Heading on we made it to Japan, where we had visited previously to hide from the rain on our last Epcot trip. We spent some time watching the performers and bought at Tokyo Sunset to share.

After we looked in the exhibits. This sculpture was abit crazy looking:

America

Here we looked in the shop and had a chat with one of the cast members who had very strong feelings about Trump

Chris got a red stag lemonade which I basically got two sips of before he snaffled it all. I love this photo of Chris though.

We also went in to see the Voices of Liberty who were just phenomenal. I follow Voctave on Youtube which some of the singers are also in. so glad we managed to catch a show as honestly their voices are like

We actually didn’t do too well with exploring the rest of the world showcase in too much depth either. It was getting quite (very) hot and we were dying to go and jump in the pool. We spent around 45 mins taking in Italy, Germany and Mexico.

I had a peak in the shop in Germany. I think they have done really well with the German Pavillion, I have been to Germany lots with my parents and the Pavillion reminds me of some of the little towns we used to visit.

Although the clocks in the gift shop aren’t quite as impressive as some you can see in the black forest

^ Epcot

vs Germany

^ How amazing is that! I wanted to live in it.

I was still eyeing up one of the sugar skulls from mexico and I told myself we would get it in the evening when we came back to watch illuminations. Why we just didn’t get in then and there and take it back to the villa I don’t know!

On the way out of the park we popped into Art of Disney to pick up my prints that I had reserved. Eddie (the artist) had done such a good job and I was so happy I decided to get them in colour although you can’t see Jiminy’s green and purple well in this photo. I got Eddie to pose for a photo:

We spent 20 mins or so talking to Eddie – he asked us if we had ridden Flight of Passage yet :P He wanted to know what we thought of it as he had heard mixed reviews. We left when some potential customers came over to chat to Eddie.

We were ‘home’ by 4 and managed an hour or so in the pool before the sky turned abit sour. No rain but it didn’t look too good. We needed to get a move on getting ready as the plan was to go back to Epcot for food before finding a spot to watch Illuminations from.

We were back at Epcot by 7pm. Chris took this photo:

You can just see the sky looking questionable. It was spitting too, but we had forgotten both the rain macs and my umbrella. We knew that we wanted to eat quick service in Mexico so headed straight there. It was very busy and because the rain had picked up people were sheltering and sitting on the tables and not actually eating.

Nevertheless we ordered and managed to find a table.

We ordered two things to share and a Margarita each. ‘Empanadas con Queso’ - Fried Flour Tortillas filled with Cheese and served with Mexican Slaw and ‘Tacos de Barbacoa’ - Seasoned Beef, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans, and Red Salsa. My Margarita was mango and Chris's says "Avion" on the receipt so I have no idea what it was.

It was $51.92 with Tax.

We shared a table with an American Family whose nachos you can see in the background. They were faster at eating than we were and so were later replaced by an elderly Canadian couple. The Canadians were really interesting they had clearly been to many places over the years and told us lots about their trips. Sounded amazing, I hope I’m like that when I get older.

The food was delicious, love Mexican food. The weather however was not as there was serious rain going on. Like full on hammering it down. We made a run for it into the Mexico pavilion to buy my sugar skull. Chris picked him out, here he is on my ‘Disney shelf’:

Our fastpass for Frozen ever after opened at 8:00pm and it was now 8:15 so we waded through the crazy rain and into the queue. We were completely saturated at this point

It only took us 15mins in the fastpass queue which we thought was really good. We also really enjoyed the ride. Chris still says it’s one of his favourite disney rides

He is a huge fan of animatronics and anything technical. Nothing can beat the ride photo though:

those guys stole the show and I feel privileged to have them in my photo.

The rain had actually slowed down once we were out at 8:30 and was now a light spit which we were thankful for as we didn’t want the fireworks to be cancelled.

Chris went to the loo around Germany whilst I waited and he returned with a beer for himself and a wine for me which was much appreciated.

We found a spot in-between Germany and Italy. You can see how wet Chris’s t-shirt is from the rain here:

We literally found the spot at 8:50pm so the rain really must have cleared away all but the most determined.

I have to say that we loved Illuminations! I know it’s a really old display now but I think that the music is awesome and who doesn’t love a good fireworks display.

Italy looked lovely all lit up too.

The rain had returned towards the end of Illuminations but was more of a drizzle than the full on monsoon that occurred at 7pm.

We headed for the exit taking what I can only say was about 2000 (slight exaggeration) photos of spaceship earth looking dreamy all lit up.

And there we have it!

We walked 14, 848 steps covering a distance of 10.8km.
Thanks for reading!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The breakfast at Tratoria looks tasty and fun to meet Eric and Flynn. The boardwalk area is lovely to look around, I like all your photos so I'm glad you forced Chris to take them all!

A shame about the rain in the evening I'm glad you stuck it out and waited for illuminations. I love that spot out the way near Italy and Germany we tend to head over there rather than sticking to Mexico as it's always rammed over there.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The breakfast at Tratoria looks tasty and fun to meet Eric and Flynn. The boardwalk area is lovely to look around, I like all your photos so I'm glad you forced Chris to take them all!

A shame about the rain in the evening I'm glad you stuck it out and waited for illuminations. I love that spot out the way near Italy and Germany we tend to head over there rather than sticking to Mexico as it's always rammed over there.
Breakfast was great! We enjoyed all of our breakfasts onsite and off.
Poor Chris will forever be my photographer.

I was glad we waited too. Mine you once we were wet I don’t think we could have gotten much wetter. That spot is fab though! Hardly anyone about, Mexico was wayyy busier!

Thanks for reading.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Love your Frozen ride photo!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Love your Frozen ride photo!
I love it too. So funny 😂