Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
No veg here, just a few herbs, but the sun today makes the flowers look lovely.🙂

Such a lovely, summery garden. I agree with Snowbelle, the ladder arrangement looks beautiful
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Such a lovely, summery garden. I agree with Snowbelle, the ladder arrangement looks beautiful
I can't see past the scruffy patio! We were going to get a quote for a new one just before 'All This' started, then when DH went to blast clean it the machine broke - so it looks a dirty mess at the minute.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I can't see past the scruffy patio! We were going to get a quote for a new one just before 'All This' started, then when DH went to blast clean it the machine broke - so it looks a dirty mess at the minute.
It’s rustic
Mine isn’t much better , we never got round to replacing it, the previous owner was a bit of a hit and miss man ( he used to get a lot of free stuff from his job on the council )
I dropped our pressure washer and broke it last year so ours is rustic as well
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I won’t point out the weeds on my patio 😂 I’ve realised that, although new to gardening could be my excuse, I’ve neglected to pull weeds up and now they’re everywhere
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I won’t point out the weeds on my patio 😂 I’ve realised that, although new to gardening could be my excuse, I’ve neglected to pull weeds up and now they’re everywhere
I have an evening weed pull up , half an hour after dinner I walk round and pull them up chuck them in one of those flexi buckets and empty into the garden waste bag for the tip at the end of the week the range sell a little weed hook for £1 which is good for crevices or an old kitchen knife will do
I don’t use weed killer as we have cats
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I have an evening weed pull up , half an hour after dinner I walk round and pull them up chuck them in one of those flexi buckets and empty into the garden waste bag for the tip at the end of the week the range sell a little weed hook for £1 which is good for crevices or an old kitchen knife will do
I don’t use weed killer as we have cats
That’s a good idea, beat them before they get too bad. We have the pets too so wouldn’t use weed killer
Old 21 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I use weedkiller, I bought a good strong one off fleabay... I let the dogs out on a nice sunny dry day... then spray the whole patio, take the dogs for a walk and the patio is dry when we get home and safe for the dogs... and weeds kept at bay for ages... if ur dog is prone to eating the weeds I would watch them very carefully though... one of mine likes grass so I’ve planted a couple of pots of grass for her and she’ll nibble them now and then...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I have been trying to tidy up the shed with lick of paint sorting out the broken windows - had a nightmare with the paint ( really shouldn’t have got a huge tin of colour made up without getting a tester ) so I did some alterations to the paint 😂 and now it’s growing on me !

Excuse the shed windows - am ordering new ones rather than keeping the polythene .😂
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I use weedkiller, I bought a good strong one off fleabay... I let the dogs out on a nice sunny dry day... then spray the whole patio, take the dogs for a walk and the patio is dry when we get home and safe for the dogs... and weeds kept at bay for ages... if ur dog is prone to eating the weeds I would watch them very carefully though... one of mine likes grass so I’ve planted a couple of pots of grass for her and she’ll nibble them now and then...
Our cat is an indoor cat but he does go out on the patio and eat the grass/weeds there. I have planted a planter of grass for him but he’s still prone to nibble the other weeds dotted around so I don’t think I could risk weed killer sadly
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I have been trying to tidy up the shed with lick of paint sorting out the broken windows - had a nightmare with the paint ( really shouldn’t have got a huge tin of colour made up without getting a tester ) so I did some alterations to the paint 😂 and now it’s growing on me !

Excuse the shed windows - am ordering new ones rather than keeping the polythene .😂
I love the colour of the shed, really fresh and clean looking. The planters look gorgeous too