Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Hospital bed with my son (routine op), was in a ward of 4 beds, massive open room (thankfully only us in it) wasn’t told where the roll up beds were so had to try and sleep in the bed with him, whilst he was burning up and uncomfortable after the OP. A cleaner came in about 12am just turned on all the lights and started cleaning. Absolutely hate hospitals, there’s a reason he was born at home!

The second worse night would be the hospital with my first son after giving birth being kept awake by everyone else’s screaming babies!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
GoldenAvalance I’ve stayed with my kids in hospital and one night sat up with dd in a chair and never slept. In the morning the nurse said why didn’t you use the pull down bed In the wall. Nobody told me!
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ventspils, Latvia.
Booked a place as it was advertising a 15 min walk to the rink for the iihf hockey.
On arrival even the coach driver didn't want to let me out! It was some kind of seamen refuge - the bed was a board on a metal frame bolted to the floor, the room door didn't lock and neither did the door to the shower room. The shower curtain was made from the extra thick clear plastic you usually see in supermarket butcher departments. I had visions of starring in a Psycho reenactment.
I did NOT sleep that night - was rescued by one of the other parents the following morning!
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

On the floor of a friend-of-a-friend's house after a day in Manchester when I was 18. The place was dirty, there was no bedding, no pillow and I was wide awake shivering for most of the night (there wasn't even any alcohol involved!).
I left really early to go into college back in Liverpool the next morning but I felt so ill on the train due to lack of sleep that I ended going to back home and to bed. My hands and ankles were covered in bites the next day so I assume there were flea bites
Hmr89 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
GoldenAvalance I’ve stayed with my kids in hospital and one night sat up with dd in a chair and never slept. In the morning the nurse said why didn’t you use the pull down bed In the wall. Nobody told me!
Exactly! I think there were portable camping style beds, but as it took forever to track down a nurse to even give him painkillers I didn’t want to be a nuisance asking about beds etc!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
manchester
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Poland in early 1980’s - travelling with my family and didnt speak Polish (my dad is Polish). We were supposed to stay in a farmhouse but my mum blankly refused when we removed cushions from a sofa bed and there was 100s of dead flies. Instead we ended up in our canvas tent which leaked so we got soaking wet... Later on, same ”holiday” but different middle of nowhere, we were at least inside a wood chalet. Beds had lumpy mattresses filled with horsehair, no electricity or running water and I remember wolves howling in the pitch blacknight as I made my way to the outside ”toilet”.
Thank god I get to choose my own holidays now!
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Top Bunk of a friends cabin by the sea in Australia, which had a corrugated roof, during a monsoon downpour - too scared to go to sleep
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

On the bathroom floor in a rather swanky hotel, at my nieces wedding! I was as sober as a judge but forgot my ear plugs and hubby was snoring like a wart hog (he wasn't sober!)... I couldn't wait for the morning to arrive, worst nights sleep ever as the room was tiny and I could still hear him
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

In an active pig sty/shed on a farm in Germany for a fortnight. They had power washed some of the pens before we moved in. Other pens contained... pigs.

I was an Aircraft Technician in a Royal Marines Helicopter Sqn on exercise. Helicopters give off an infra red heat signature after use that can be picked up by reconnaissance aircraft and therefore, a farm is always a good place to operate from as the extant livestock also give off signatures. On this occasion, we used a Pig Farm.

It was freezing cold, the stench was unpleasant and the sanitation rather rudimentary. We were sleeping in sleeping bags on camp beds. Food was from 24 hour box ration packs.There wasn’t even a Sgt Mess pen.

Of course, if I had joined the RAF, then I would have been staying in a 4 star hotel!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:15 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List