Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Sep 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
This is what they said when I asked. I was specifically wondering about seasonal block out dates in August for Volcano Bay. They seem to be first half of August which would be fine, this answer isn’t particularly helpful in that point!

I can say that, historically, blockout dates for the following year have been announced closer to the end of the year. Also, due to the current conditions, and the phased reopening of our resort, it’s possible that blockout dates for 2021 may be significantly different from the 2020 blockout dates, as we adjust to the expected crowds throughout the year.
It's not their fault. They can't say what they don't know.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

How does it work if going in august 2021 and buying an annual pass? Do you pay monthly after the deposit has been paid until its paid before you go?
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
How does it work if going in august 2021 and buying an annual pass? Do you pay monthly after the deposit has been paid until its paid before you go?
I paid for mine in full when I ordered it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
I saw on a US website that if you use the flex pay option then the ticket starts immediately so you might want to confirm if that is true and then if so not use it!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Tracey as far as I'm aware "Flexpay" is for immediate use, you are basically setting up a DD so not a paying in advance option.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Universal have now corrected their earlier advice to regarding activating the passes. I did think it must be incorrect.

I apologize for the miscommunication my fellow Team Member provided and I would like to clarify. If you are looking at purchasing an Annual Pass which would include our three (3) months free promotion, you would need to have the Annual Passes purchased by September 30th, 2020. You are not required to use the Annual Passes by September 30th, 2020 to receive the three (3) months free. When you are able the three (3) months are automatically connected to your Annual Pass and would reflect the proper expiration date when activated. I hope this information was helpful.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
I asked about flex pay and this was the reply. I'm still slightly confused.

"This promotional offer is valid for paid-in-full purchases as well as those purchased on a FlexPay™ option. If you purchase your Annual Pass on a FlexPay™ contract, the contract year will begin immediately and the monthly payments will commence even if the Annual Pass has not yet been activated. Regardless of when an Annual Pass is purchased, the pass will expire 366 days from first activation. This will ensure that the Annual Passholder will receive one (1) full year of any applicable Annual Passholder benefits, including parking benefits.

I hope this information is helpful! If you have additional questions, you may also contact our Annual Passholder Department by calling 1-888-5-FLEXPAY."
I think as the US website I looked at says with Flexpay your annual ticket starts immediately and in this case will expire 15 months later. So unless you are OK with those timescales buy outright and as confirmed by Universal in *most* responses the 15 months will start from when you first activate the pass
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
I got the opposite to that though in the reply above stating that the payments start immediately and run monthly but the tickets themselves do not start running until activated.
Yeah maybe I should read to the end!
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
This is what they said when I asked. I was specifically wondering about seasonal block out dates in August for Volcano Bay. They seem to be first half of August which would be fine, this answer isn’t particularly helpful in that point!

I can say that, historically, blockout dates for the following year have been announced closer to the end of the year. Also, due to the current conditions, and the phased reopening of our resort, it’s possible that blockout dates for 2021 may be significantly different from the 2020 blockout dates, as we adjust to the expected crowds throughout the year.
I had just asked this question on another thread. Dont know what to do now as was hoping to buy 1 Premier pass and 4 seasonal passes but we go 19/08/21-06/08/21 and really dont want to risk being blocked out of volcano bay. Anyone know if i buy seasonal passes but am then affected by the block out dates whether id be able to upgrade them and keep the 3 months free?
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
I had just asked this question on another thread. Dont know what to do now as was hoping to buy 1 Premier pass and 4 seasonal passes but we go 19/08/21-06/08/21 and really dont want to risk being blocked out of volcano bay. Anyone know if i buy seasonal passes but am then affected by the block out dates whether id be able to upgrade them and keep the 3 months free?
I know how you feel. I don’t think we are going to book for the summer will probably stick with October, but end of August is a possibility for us, and I’m itching to get back!