Notices

Old 6 Jan 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Well Sandra I for one salute your son. I like to think Iím always nice and polite to anyone but Iíve made damn sure to thank everyone at the supermarkets I use from the person on the door to the cashier I wave to the bin men through the window and always thank the postman. We have so many essential workers itís not just down to the NHS and thatís coming from an ex NHS domestic.
Now that's a great idea for a campaign, be nice and thank the "unsung heroes". It doesn't need a massive gesture to make someone's day a bit better, just a thanks or no thank you a smile or a wave goes a long way.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
Now that's a great idea for a campaign, be nice and thank the "unsung heroes". It doesn't need a massive gesture to make someone's day a bit better, just a thanks or no thank you a smile or a wave goes a long way.
I absolutely appreciate all the key workers that weíve realised during this pandemic are in fact key workers but I donít believe in clapping for anyone. Someone a few years ago may have had a choice between a job in a restaurant and a job in a supermarket and chose the restaurant. Someone else chose a supermarket. Why is one any more deserving of praise just because the job they chose ended up being essential during a pandemic we didnít know was coming? We are where we are due to the choices we made which were independent of how useful we would become to society. We shouldnít be praised or otherwise for them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

No, we won't be
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This sums up my view of the Clap for Heroes

twitter/WillDHislop/stat...57955189641224

Everyone is doing their bit why single out groups for special thanks. If they deserve thanks increase their pay or give a bonus
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

No. When we heard about it dd17 said, ' how will it help them? They should just get paid more! '
It was fun in the summer, not sure i can be bothered putting my shoes and coat on at this time of year!
I do really appreciate all the key workers but will do my bit by following current advice!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

No we wonít be.. itís run itís course ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not this time, most of my friends still work for the NHS and would rather everyone just stayed inside!
DCL Magic
BOOKED - Gaylord Palms, Dolphin & GF Sept/Oct '21. DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Not this time!

It was a good thing to do first time around. It lasted too long then.
The danger is this time it wont be well supported and fall flat on its face - that will do more damage than not doing it at all.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
This sums up my view of the Clap for Heroes

twitter/WillDHislop/stat...57955189641224

Everyone is doing their bit why single out groups for special thanks. If they deserve thanks increase their pay or give a bonus
While some people are doing their bit by being able to work from the relative safety of their own homes, or better still being paid to do nothing until their jobs are required again, others in potentially less glamourous roles are out and about in the "front line" being exposed to the risk of catching the virus from thousands of customers all day every day.

To be fair I know that at least 2 of the big supermarkets did increase their staff's pay by 10% for working through the first "lockdown"
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Just taken a look at her twitter posting - she is getting hammered with a sea of "no's" and worse.