Notices

Old 6 Jan 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

No I donít wear a mask when Iím cleaning my house 😂
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Ours doesnít wear a mask but doesnít enter the room Iím working in so has no contact during her visit. We are both comfortable with the arrangement and precautions in place.
Same - I used to make her a drink and have a chat, but now we have agreed that we won't be in any of the rooms she will work in for the duration of her visit, so literally no contact at all.

I should add that this is a cleaner we had had for over 15 years. All the way through this we have had a very open discussion about whether she wanted to work or not, whether we minded her being in the house and we have been flexible. She has decided to reduce her hours in this lockdown and in the first lockdown she didn't come.

Edited at 06:55 PM. Reason: extra info
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
We have 2 80+ yr old friends of the family who are currently in hospital with covid - they have a cleaner who wears a mask - and who tested positive a few days before they first got their symptoms...
Oh dear mask wasnít much help then
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

No my cleaner doesnít. She thinks weíre all over reacting. When we all had Covid in early December she still wanted to come! She told me Covid doesnít scare her 🤣
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubber
Very Serious Dibber

My wife is a cleaner and has decided to stop again for 6 weeks, as she is so worried about her customers most being old and vulnerable, one of her customers has sadly already passed away to this awful disease 😢
Rosen inn/Royal Pacific/Old Key West July 2014/ Caribbean Beach July 2016/Coronado springs June 2022
Flubber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm the cleaner, I don't wear a mask but I'm bloody amazing at washing my hands 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all your opinions. I am the cleaner and have been with most clients 5 to 10 years. I don't spend any time in the same room as the clients and like to open windows while cleaning the room I am in.
I have one client that would like me to wear one, but as I wear glasses, I cannot do it comfortably, so have told them, I will return after the lockdown
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

The issue may not be wearing a mask or not - but handling items, touching surfaces etc.
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

The issue may not be wearing a mask or not - but handling items, touching surfaces etc.
while constantly wearing gloves and using disinfectant.
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

We have 2 80+ yr old friends of the family who are currently in hospital with covid - they have a cleaner who wears a mask - and who tested positive a few days before they first got their symptoms...
Sadly I know an 83 year old lady who unfortunately passed away on boxing day, she never left the house and caught covid from her cleaner.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List