Notices

Old 6 Jan 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scruffycharlie View Post
Sadly I know an 83 year old lady who unfortunately passed away on boxing day, she never left the house and caught covid from her cleaner.
That's very sad, didn't she have anyone 8 a support bubble 😢
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Ours doesn’t wear a mask but doesn’t enter the room I’m working in so has no contact during her visit. We are both comfortable with the arrangement and precautions in place.
Same. Plus all windows are open when she's in, she's the same as you Mrs Stockport

We even paid her during first lockdown when she couldn't come as we have known her for 15 odd years week in week out never missed a day. She's a real gem.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
VIP Dibber

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mine had been coming and they were wearing masks along with other precautions.
From this week I’ve asked them not to come for a while but I will be paying them
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
slightly serious Dibber

My cleaner has not been back since March, we both discussed it back in early August but agreed to wait.
No way would I put her in the position now of coming in she’s been with us for 16 years and I would never put her in danger.
MIL cancelled her cleaners back in November as they both had teenage children and the cases in the local secondary schools were high. The final straw was when the cleaners had members of the household all isolating but still came to clean.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
Thanks for all your opinions. I am the cleaner and have been with most clients 5 to 10 years. I don't spend any time in the same room as the clients and like to open windows while cleaning the room I am in.
I have one client that would like me to wear one, but as I wear glasses, I cannot do it comfortably, so have told them, I will return after the lockdown
You can buy a spay to stop misting
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

TBH., If they worked in my home it would be my rules. If I wanted them to wear a mask, they wouldnt get in without one.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Personally I would only have someone working in my house if it was “essential” at the present time, and only then if they wore a mask.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
Thanks for all your opinions. I am the cleaner and have been with most clients 5 to 10 years. I don't spend any time in the same room as the clients and like to open windows while cleaning the room I am in.
I have one client that would like me to wear one, but as I wear glasses, I cannot do it comfortably, so have told them, I will return after the lockdown
Their home their decision I guess.
Personally I wouldn’t want anyone who goes into other homes in mine at the moment. Let alone touching stuff in all rooms.
duchy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Apprentice Imagineer

Our cleaner doesn’t come into the room I’m working from home in. She wears a mask when I greet her at the door to let her in, then when I’ve locked myself away in the dining room, she takes it off to do her job and then pops it back on again when she comes to let me know she’s finished.

I’ve never felt uncomfortable - we’ve had the option to pause cleaning if we want to, but we feel all of the appropriate precautions are being taken, so we’re happy.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Excited about Disney

Mine didn’t wear a mask but we stayed well apart when we greeted each other and then she stayed out of and didn’t clean the rooms my husband and I were working out of.

Now we are in lockdown again I’ve asked her not to come. More for her benefit than ours as she’s in an at risk group. We are paying her in full so she’s happy enough to be placed on hold. I’ll miss her for sure
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List