Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

This thread has really got me thinking today of planes I loved to spot at Heathrow airport with my dad when I was younger.

Iím very lucky then as I grew up, to have flown on a supersonic Concorde Champagne flight and numerous 747s.

Having also been allowed during the flight into cockpits on both is something I will always remember.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
If you get there, I heartily recommend also, the Hazy Centre at Dulles International Airport. Free to enter, it is a fantastic adjunct to theSmithsonian. Highlights...
A Shuttle.
Enola Gay.. Dropped the bomb on Hiroshima.
Concorde
He219 Owl
Dornier 335
Armando blitz
Etc etc etc.
Many thanks for this cfb.

Sounds like a must do!

Edit

And thanks for the map.

Edited at 07:14 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Helping Mickey

Love aviation, try to do a few airshows this year, we're localish to Manchester viewing park so do like going there. Have also done Fantasy of Flight and the biplane ride.

I photograph planes in my spare time and hubby builds and flies model aircraft. We both hope one day to have time and money to learn to fly.

Have recently been watching Big Jets TV on facebook/you tube- have it on when working and the sounds of planes does help me to concentrate so worth looking at for anyone missing the viewing park
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We had the good fortune to see one of these at Miami in 2019.

The Boeing 747 Dreamlifter.. similar to the Beluga, much bigger but possibly a smaller volume available (albeit higher weights). I believe there are four of them.
Oh thatís brill! Very jealous and I think my brother will be too!
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Use to love going to airshows.

Fairford in the 80s was great so many interesting aircraft.

Went to Farnborough one year and was about 100 yards away from Concorde when it took off, the earth was shaking, absolutely brilliant.

Living up in Aberdeen for the last 20 years we always use to go down to Leuchars in Sept for its airday unfortunately that has stopped since the base was transferred to the army a few years ago !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
l used to spend countless hours at Manchester with a camera in hand

and here is a short video l shot a few years ago when it was first posted here turned out there was quite a few dibb members on board heading for Orlando

force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
another sight that will never be seen again at Manchester

Edited at 11:44 PM.
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Excited about Disney

Iíve loved aviation all my life, currently work airside at LHR. Iíve been all around the world to view aircraft and take pictures, my favourite place being Kai Tak, the old Hong Kong airport.
Iíll quite happily spend a day at an airport snapping away.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I go to a few airshows each year, have been to Fairford, Shuttleworth, Duxford, Headcorn and Abingdon recently.
We've had a few flights in a Dragon Rapide from Duxford and Headcorn and I've had a flight in a Tiger Moth from Headcorn for my 40th birthday.
The best flight we've done is a 1927 Travelair near San Diego. Flew up the coast of California, even had to quickly move out the way of 2 MV-22 Ospreys as they were on approach to Miramar.

In the summer I usually go to a local airfield for photography practise as they are a base for Aero Legends, so have regular Spitfire, Harvard and Tiger Moth flights most weekends.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
I would love to do this sort of thing! Unfortunately we live a couple of hours drive to the nearest airport. I think I have developed this interest later in life, but given my time again I would definitely follow a career in the aviation industry.
The nearest I get to watching planes, is looking at the sky trails and wondering where they are going 😃
Follow airliners live on fb, when the airport viewing park is open they do live shows most weeks. In lockdown they re run old shows. Then there is also Big Jets live and he does it every day
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List