Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Mar 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JP94
Getting to know the DIBB

Crazy Prices? Sept 2021

Hi all,

The prices I’m seeing for Sept 2021 seem crazy to me unless I’ve always just been really lucky previously.

Looking for a compact/economy car for 16 nights (8th-24th Sep) with Alamo and the price is coming out at around £730+.

I’ve also check DFCH and no better.

Have I left it too late and that’s why prices are high? Or any other reason anyone can think of?

Hoping they will decrease or we’ll have to forgo the car 🥲

Thanks all
JP94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Check Virgin. They’ve been the first (and only) to drop prices for later in the year. Everywhere else is still ridiculous.

Just checked and the cheapest car is £429 for your dates.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JP94
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Check Virgin. They’ve been the first (and only) to drop prices for later in the year. Everywhere else is still ridiculous.

Just checked and the cheapest car is £429 for your dates.
Thanks Softy! That’s really helpful.
I had no idea Virgin offered stand-alone car hire, I always assumed it was only available as part of a package. Much more of a reasonable price though!
JP94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JP94 View Post
Thanks Softy! That’s really helpful.
I had no idea Virgin offered stand-alone car hire, I always assumed it was only available as part of a package. Much more of a reasonable price though!
No worries. They hide it well!
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

The online prices have gone crazy... My offline prices start at £425 with Alamo and £316 with Budget for your dates.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
The online prices have gone crazy... My offline prices start at £425 with Alamo and £316 with Budget for your dates.
Hi Andy, out of interest I notice Thrifty and Thrifty Sapphire have disappeared from your quotes, is there an issue with Thrifty at the moment?
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Prices through Hertz group (inc Dollar & Thrifty) are also missing. The web guys are on with trying to resolve the issue.. Still have access to them through my offline system if you need a quote.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Prices through Hertz group (inc Dollar & Thrifty) are also missing. The web guys are on with trying to resolve the issue.. Still have access to them through my offline system if you need a quote.
Hi Andy,
What are your offline prices for a 7/8 seater mini van, 30/10/21-20/11/21, pickup and return from Miami international? Also, how much extra for a non spouse additional driver?
Thanks,
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
So im not the only one panicking about car hire prices - sent Andy a message - the website is throwing crazy numbers iv never seen it as bad for such a sustained period of time.

If anyone has any other advice shout
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JP94 View Post
Hi all,

The prices I’m seeing for Sept 2021 seem crazy to me unless I’ve always just been really lucky previously.

Looking for a compact/economy car for 16 nights (8th-24th Sep) with Alamo and the price is coming out at around £730+.

I’ve also check DFCH and no better.

Have I left it too late and that’s why prices are high? Or any other reason anyone can think of?

Hoping they will decrease or we’ll have to forgo the car 🥲

Thanks all

Have you tried www.budget.co.uk

They are quoting £461 for a Jetta group D pay now or a bit more for reservation, they were the cheapest I could find

Edited at 04:36 PM.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List