Notices

Old 25 Mar 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I didnít do any of those things.
Iíve always washed my hands after handling the post etc, thatís all part of my OCD which is very much germ related. Iíve also always washed my hands often and we donít wear shoes in the house.
Iíve steered clear of doing the things youíve said, as my OCD is very much under control and has been for years. If Iíd have started doing those things, I think it would have been a very slippery slope for me tbh.
Not going back to those days 😕

I had my first jab 4 weeks ago, thatís made no difference to the way I do things.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP

Edited at 09:13 AM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Have never done anything like that. Always remove my shoes at entrance porch as we have always done.
Had jab number 1
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Thanks. It looks like everyone is still doing whatever they did. So if you wiped the shopping or washed hands that will continue. I wonder if this will be forever?

My MIL started with the shopping and post due to covid and she's terrified to stop. When she's allowed to our garden next week she'll bring her own flask of coffee and ask me to disinfect the chairs (which I do to make her comfortable). Eventually she'll accept a drink off us but last time it took weeks to feel 'safe' even doing that.

She's hoping to be on a plane in June. Hopefully if allowed the lure of a holiday will be enough incentive to go. I worry she's going to be a recluse who will never hug her grandchildren again.

I've never done any of this so interested in the if or when people will go back to pre-covid living.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Very Serious Dibber

I've never done any of these things either, just the hand sanitiser and mask.It is so sad that it's affected people to this extent. I hope she can get past these feelings, I would think she'll struggle to get on a flight if she doesn't.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Weíve never done anything of those things. Apart from once when I knew weíd been in contact with positive people.

Iíve had one vaccination, but thatís not changed anything.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Apart from hand washing and shoes,which we have always done, the only thing I regularly do now is antibac the boot room door handles as our postie and delivery guy put our mail inside.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Never done anything except that which is mandated - masks and hand sanitizer.
DH and I would be considered reckless by some measures but we feel safe.

Both of us had first vaccination, my second one booked for 4 weeks time.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Wear a mask, wash hands, use hand sanitiser, don't wipe shopping but wash hands after putting it away

Have had both jabs
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I used to read all about what people were doing back last year and thought to myself no chance of me doing that but if they are happy then carry on. Don't involve me though

We have done what we want throughout the pandemic but within the Law thus masks and hand gel and where possible keep our distance from others.

Never bothered wiping shopping or leaving post/parcels for a few days etc.

Far too many people were overly judgemental back last year and it still continues to this day.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Apprentice Imagineer

I am still doing everything I was doing before - I don't wipe down the shopping, but I wash my hands after putting it away (we get it delivered) and wipe down all the cupboard door handles. We then wash our hands after touching any of the packaging for food prep etc. We wash our hands after touching post/ deliveries. We wash our hands after we have been outside. We have inside and outside clothes. And we do not go inside anywhere (apart from for a very quick takeaway pick up) but we wear masks when we do this. Also have sanitiser with me if I go for a walk so I can sanitise if I touch anything. I really want to wash down the shopping and clean the house a lot more but I have stopped myself as I have anxiety and if I start it will be very difficult to stop. I am already worried about reducing down my existing behaviours when this is over.

For context I have asthma and have had a bad cough/ breathlessness for over a year now and noone knows why. I am under the consultant at the hospital and had been terrified of catching covid throughout as I am not sure how well I could fight it at the moment. I have also not had a vaccine as I was deemed not eligible for Group 6. I hope I will become more relaxed after I have had both vaccines.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List