Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Apr 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Also you could ask the hospital for Emla cream to put on his hands as it numbs the area and you can't feel the cannula go in - I ask for it when I am in hospital!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

How is Mason doing Floridatilly?x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Hope Mason is recovered from his day in hospital and feeling better today. x
Old 14 Apr 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

How very strange, in a lovely way 💗 I am sure you all have some kind of 6th sense, honestly. I received a lovely PM today and now other’s asking about Mason and I have literally just read an email from this team at Alder Hey saying he needs to have a iron infusion because the iron medication is not making any difference and he is very anaemic.
I honestly can’t express my gratitude to everyone even having Mason in their thoughts. Life is difficult at the moment for everyone. I am blown away with peoples kindness💗
Good news is that Mason had no negative side effects from the infliximab infusion at all 👍🏻 Next one is next week.
Not so great news is that its not made any difference at all yet. But I have read it can take a few infusions before it starts to work.
His health is not getting any better, if anything it’s getting worse.
He is still on Azathioprine but I don’t see it helping in any way at all but I just have to trust the professionals.
We are very concerned about his lack of mobility, he is struggling with stairs, can’t walk without being in pain (mainly in his legs and joints), he is extremely lethargic, he is grey, never off the toilet with very loose stools, pain in his bottom (fistulas & fissures), stomach pains, and leaking mucus, swollen lips.
He obviously can’t attend school and unless he massively improves I don’t know when he can return. I just hope there is a big turn around after a few more infusions.

It all sounds doom and gloom 🙈 but we are trying to be positive! These infusions will work 🤞🏻 The iron infusion will definitely make him feel better too 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Oh gosh, poor Mason. I've been thinking about him so much. Thanks for the update, and lots of love to you all x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I'm sure the iron will make him feel better.
My heart goes out to you all. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Hopefully the iron will kick in straight away, thinking of you all x
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

It sounds like you all have a lot to deal with, I really hope Mason starts to feel better soon. Sending you a big hug x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh your poor little guy. It must be so hard for you all. Fingers crossed that he improves soon.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
How very strange, in a lovely way 💗 I am sure you all have some kind of 6th sense, honestly. I received a lovely PM today and now other’s asking about Mason and I have literally just read an email from this team at Alder Hey saying he needs to have a iron infusion because the iron medication is not making any difference and he is very anaemic.
I honestly can’t express my gratitude to everyone even having Mason in their thoughts. Life is difficult at the moment for everyone. I am blown away with peoples kindness💗
Good news is that Mason had no negative side effects from the infliximab infusion at all 👍🏻 Next one is next week.
Not so great news is that its not made any difference at all yet. But I have read it can take a few infusions before it starts to work.
His health is not getting any better, if anything it’s getting worse.
He is still on Azathioprine but I don’t see it helping in any way at all but I just have to trust the professionals.
We are very concerned about his lack of mobility, he is struggling with stairs, can’t walk without being in pain (mainly in his legs and joints), he is extremely lethargic, he is grey, never off the toilet with very loose stools, pain in his bottom (fistulas & fissures), stomach pains, and leaking mucus, swollen lips.
He obviously can’t attend school and unless he massively improves I don’t know when he can return. I just hope there is a big turn around after a few more infusions.

It all sounds doom and gloom 🙈 but we are trying to be positive! These infusions will work 🤞🏻 The iron infusion will definitely make him feel better too 🤞🏻🤞🏻
So sorry to read that Mason is so very poorly. Hopefully, the infliximab will start to work its magic very soon.

I wanted to recommend an iron supplement that both my dad and I take and find beneficial (my dad has Crohn's and anaemia as well). It's such a small shot of liquid, very easy to take and is considered very easy to absorb (especially with vitamin C).

amazon/Spatone-Sup...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List