Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Apr 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I'm not panicking about it, maybe I'd feel differently if we were taking young children, but the parks are still at 35% capacity, when that increases - which surely it will when they start letting us foreigners in? - there has to be more availability, plus in all honesty, I'll be happier in the quietest parks anyway.

I'm going to sit tight and wait for our call back to reinstate our APs and book them then.
Oh definitely. It wouldn’t make or break our trip if we couldn’t go to Hollywood Studios as our little one is small... and we’re DVC too so have the privilege of lots of trips to look forward to. I just know that availability has been pretty good recently (apart from around Spring Break/Easter) so didn’t want people to get caught out by not booking - then not being able to get into the parks on the days they want ☺️
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

I’ve just seen it on Disney Food Blog that they’ve replenished the system with park passes for Hollywood Studios up to 1 July and they’re also recalling cast members in anticipation for increasing capacity.

WOOHOO. It looks like normality is starting to creep back into the parks.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

DVC member services told me not to hang about for the end of July as they had been told the reservations were filling fast. Mine all booked.

They have been recalling a lot of furloughed cast members and need more and have been recalling laid off cast members now too.

Edited at 07:24 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We cancelled our Aug 2021 trip a couple of months back.

I have just checked MDE account and the park days I had booked for this year are still showing. I know we are only 1 family, but there may be a few others like me that still have bookings (via TA) still in the system, when there are not actually travelling.

I assumed these would just cancel when we cancelled our booking as the tickets were purchased as part of a package. However, I am going to go in there now and cancel the days myself so it hopefully frees things up for someone else.
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Hi everyone,

WDW News Today have just put out an update to say all ticket holder and hotel guest reservation slots for Hollywood Studios are full right up ‘till the 1 July.
Well, yes. But that only affects up until the end of June - so about 2 and a half months away. So, sure, if you are thinking you might go to Florida between end of May and the end of June then you need to have tickets already. Assuming we're allowed to travel to Florida in June, of course.

Having said that, I agree that those thinking they may get to go in July should probably buy their tickets in the very near future before July starts to get booked up.

Whereas for those thinking of going this Autumn then there's still plenty of time to get those tickets. So no need to rush for them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We have booked our days, just had a look and all parks are available for all of July and August, in June there are a few days where one park is fully booked.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Well, yes. But that only affects up until the end of June - so about 2 and a half months away. So, sure, if you are thinking you might go to Florida between end of May and the end of June then you need to have tickets already. Assuming we're allowed to travel to Florida in June, of course.

Having said that, I agree that those thinking they may get to go in July should probably buy their tickets in the very near future before July starts to get booked up.

Whereas for those thinking of going this Autumn then there's still plenty of time to get those tickets. So no need to rush for them.
This was posted because I saw quite a few people that hadn’t booked park days and I didn’t want them to get caught out... I hadn’t booked mine either until a few weeks ago as I was fairly relaxed that the availability is normally pretty good. I’m not saying people need to book right now for August - but be aware that you might struggle to get the parks you want, on the days you might want, if you leave it to a week or two before your trip.
Old 15 Apr 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
We have booked our days, just had a look and all parks are available for all of July and August, in June there are a few days where one park is fully booked.
They replenished a lot of the Hollywood Studios availability late last night - so hopefully that’s an indication of plans to increase capacity a bit.
Old 15 Apr 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
This was posted because I saw quite a few people that hadn’t booked park days and I didn’t want them to get caught out... I hadn’t booked mine either until a few weeks ago as I was fairly relaxed that the availability is normally pretty good. I’m not saying people need to book right now for August - but be aware that you might struggle to get the parks you want, on the days you might want, if you leave it to a week or two before your trip.
Yes, definitely not a good idea to leave it until just a week or two beforehand. It's probably best to get the tickets about 3 months beforehand.

I just didn't want people planning to go in August or September or later to get worried. There's still plenty of availability for those months, and will be for a while yet.

I'm not sure how many DIBBers are planning to go in June, which was the focus of the WDWNT article mentioned?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

I had a booking from Christmas to go out in June. Moved to mid July due to worries that we were still going to be too early in the year and the fact that until yesterday the whole first week of our three week holiday had no HS availability.

I'm glad they've released more reservations. Hopefully it's a sign capacity is increasing and things are going in the right direction.

Have now paid for my tickets in full and have booked my Disney parks reservations.
Still not convinced we'll be going but feels good to have a plan.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List