Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Apr 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Hope so too 🤞
x
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Just wondering how Dora is doing? Well I hope
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Hi everyone.
I have wanted to post but felt you were probably as fed up as me. I don't know what I did in a previous life but it could not have been good as I feel we are being really punished.
Anyway, last Saturday Dora was sick and then started this horrible gulping all the time. On Monday I rang the referral centre and they said the day Dora had her stitches out there was an outbreak of Kennel cough and it look like the symptoms so I booked a vets appointment and got some medication. Well by Wednesday the gulping was getting worse so back we went to Newmarket a journey of 2 hours.
Well I sent the videos and they said it could be an Acid Reflux, gave us some new medication and some anti sickness tablets. Well she has had these now for a couple of day, my husband thinks she is a little better, sorry I don't feel she is, the gulping is horrendous and the poor mite hates it. When she is asleep or cuddling she doesn't gulp but as soon as she is awake it starts again. So we are giving her till Monday and then we will contact the referral centre again, which I bet means another journey and more stress for Dora. I am at my wits end with it... she is terrified everytime she goes.

Now another part of my rotten life at the mo, we decide to take Nala to the park yesterday as she has been neglected a little, nothing much happens, not many dogs for her to play with. Shes playing by herself on a flat green, booooosh, she comes back limping. I think she has something prickly in her paws, oh no, she is bleeding badly and her dew claw is completely turned the other way. I could have screamed. So in the car and back to the vets another £400 and she is operated on to remove it. I tell you what we really are at the end of our tether.
Today however, I go down to get my reading glasses and the arm is falling off, also the Doctor rings, due to my fall a couple of weeks and I am still not walking properly on my leg, they now want it all Xrayed.

Sorry for the moan everyone, but we just cant stand it anymore...… the main thing is we want Dora better, but the poor little thing just can not get a break.

Will update you all on Monday if you haven't reached for the noose yet. Photos of Long John Silver attached... poor little thing.

Please god, if you are listening...…. haven't we had enough bad luck now. Leave us alone please. x

Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 10:19 AM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Hi everyone.
I have wanted to post but felt you were probably as fed up as me. I don't know what I did in a previous life but it could not have been good as I feel we are being really punished.
Anyway, last Saturday Dora was sick and then started this horrible gulping all the time. On Monday I rang the referral centre and they said the day Dora had her stitches out there was an outbreak of Kennel cough and it look like the symptoms so I booked a vets appointment and got some medication. Well by Wednesday the gulping was getting worse so back we went to Newmarket a journey of 2 hours.
Well I sent the videos and they said it could be an Acid Reflux, gave us some new medication and some anti sickness tablets. Well she has had these now for a couple of day, my husband thinks she is a little better, sorry I don't feel she is, the gulping is horrendous and the poor mite hates it. When she is asleep or cuddling she doesn't gulp but as soon as she is awake it starts again. So we are giving her till Monday and then we will contact the referral centre again, which I bet means another journey and more stress for Dora. I am at my wits end with it... she is terrified everytime she goes.

Now another part of my rotten life at the mo, we decide to take Nala to the park yesterday as she has been neglected a little, nothing much happens, not many dogs for her to play with. Shes playing by herself on a flat green, booooosh, she comes back limping. I think she has something prickly in her paws, oh no, she is bleeding badly and her dew claw is completely turned the other way. I could have screamed. So in the car and back to the vets another £400 and she is operated on to remove it. I tell you what we really are at the end of our tether.
Today however, I go down to get my reading glasses and the arm is falling off, also the Doctor rings, due to my fall a couple of weeks and I am still not walking properly on my leg, they now want it all Xrayed.

Sorry for the moan everyone, but we just cant stand it anymore...… the main thing is we want Dora better, but the poor little thing just can not get a break.

Will update you all on Monday if you haven't reached for the noose yet. Photos of Long John Silver attached... poor little thing.

Please god, if you are listening...…. haven't we had enough bad luck now. Leave us alone please. x

Gosh. So much to deal with. Stay strong and take care
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Hi everyone.

So sorry 😞 you going though hell at the movement sending hugs 🤗
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

So sorry that all of this is happening for you
Sending virtual hugs to you all xxx
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

You are really going through it at the moment for that I'm truly sorry. I've everything crossed that it improves soon. xx
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Aw lots of love to you all and especially to Dora
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Oh no, it’s just one thing after another for you. I was hoping that Dora was doing well and you were busy spoiling her.
I hope things improve and get a break from the bad news. Make sure you look after yourself too xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Words fail me, I'm so sorry to read this. X
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List