Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

However difficult i think he does need a routine of getting up and coming down stairs. What does he like doing? Even if he is just downstairs in whatever room is the hub of your house.

He really can prepare meals from a chair, sort out the laundry from a chair, do the ironing sitting down. So many things, don't let him give up and don't let him get a DVT from too much time in bed.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Just a though, do you have things he could be responsible for listing on ebay. Keep him occupied and get some cash in?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Be kind to yourself you have a lot on your plate & crying is a release.
His mental health will deteriorate if he's not part of family life ( as is yours).
He needs to get up bump down the stairs on his bottom, use those muscles or risk the loss of them it. He maybe depressed unable to work & covid rules re meeting friends , however outside in the garden reaps many benefits from Vit D as it's essential for healthy bones/healing/muscle staying in bed is prolonging his recovery.
Encourage his independence, tough love is needed, yes he's had surgery but he needs to get up & recover. Maybe contact the physio/ot dep & request perching stools so he can help in the kitchen etc. I hope things improve soon.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Get your teenagers to help you more with the housework and things like taking food and drink to their dad .. that way they get to see him too .

As for your husband obviously he can’t work now but he could do something like build a website to show off whatever it is he makes .
And build up his business online business in general , fb , Twitter , Instagram etc
He might have all these but I bet they could be improved ( most can ) , that way at least he’s still doing something with his business.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Hi

We cant afford to get a website done and he doesnt have a laptop, i have one but using it for work.

I will try and get him to come out of the bedroom as he really is not seeing anyone !
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

I am so sorry it is so difficult for your family right now. I can completely sympathise how overwhelming things can be, but you are right that it will pass, please be kind to yourself.

I have no words of wisdom I'm afraid, other than to say you are not alone.

Please take care
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had to call my GP Monday. A good friend made sure I did - she knows who she is and I’m thankful. I’m back on medication now and already feel a bit better. My situation is similar. My husband has health issues (some of which I’m certain are psychosomatic) so quite often can’t work. I’m wholly responsible for our income most of the time although fingers crossed his business is picking back up again. I have a daughter with complex additional needs who doesn’t sleep and who has numerous appointments for those needs. Because my husband isn’t coping with life the responsibility for my daughter falls completely on my shoulders. Add that into me working to support us all and elderly parents I’m drowning. I’ve also arranged counseling through my work. I would speak to your GP if you are finding life hard at the moment.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Hi

We cant afford to get a website done and he doesnt have a laptop, i have one but using it for work.

I will try and get him to come out of the bedroom as he really is not seeing anyone !
Wix is free to use I think , couldn’t he use the laptop at night or one of the kids tablets ?
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thanks will check out Wix, no tablets here but i guess he can use my laptop when i dont need it.

Thanks for the kind supportive messages, i made the mistake of being on Mumsnet and people werent so nice, had to deactivate from there for my own mental health.
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I had to call my GP Monday. A good friend made sure I did - she knows who she is and I’m thankful. I’m back on medication now and already feel a bit better. My situation is similar. My husband has health issues (some of which I’m certain are psychosomatic) so quite often can’t work. I’m wholly responsible for our income most of the time although fingers crossed his business is picking back up again. I have a daughter with complex additional needs who doesn’t sleep and who has numerous appointments for those needs. Because my husband isn’t coping with life the responsibility for my daughter falls completely on my shoulders. Add that into me working to support us all and elderly parents I’m drowning. I’ve also arranged counseling through my work. I would speak to your GP if you are finding life hard at the moment.
Bless you, sounds tough, can I pm you x