Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have a friend that has Crohns. It’s very much a hidden illness that isn’t really talked about because, as you, people are embarrassed. It’s so painful and really upsetting for the sufferers and their families. Mason is so lucky to have such a fantastic mum FT xx
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

So sorry to read this. I went through some awful times with Ulcerative Colitis but I can't imagine what it feels like to watch your child go through this. You're doing an incredible job caring for him and advocating on his behalf. It is such a cruel illness. Mason may find a warm bath soothing? It worked for me sometimes, but then IBD affects people very differently.
Please don't lose hope, better days are ahead.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So sorry Mason is having to go through all this. It must be heartbreaking having to deal with so many issues at once and watching your child suffer.

Mason is being so brave and you are doing a fantastic job looking after him and fighting to get the best for him.

Things will get better and hopefully he will turn that corner soon and you will start seeing improvement and get back to normality again x
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Living with a Crohn’s flare 😢 is so hard! My heart goes out to all those who suffer with it 💗
At 5:25am this morning we heard a bang then running and crying. My husband and I jumped out of bed to a trail of liquid poo and mucus. Mason sat on the toilet crying and screaming ‘it’s burning’ (he had pulled his pj bottoms down and all the mess had gone over his legs, he has crohns related red blotches on his legs which were stinging due to the poo).
Mess on bed, floor, toilet and all over the bottom half of Mason. Husband in charge of stripping the bed, cleaning the floor while I desperately try to gently clean his legs whilst he is on the toilet. Then when he was finally finished at 6:15am I put him in the shower.
He is now back on the toilet 😞
Living with this away disease is just awful!
So so sorry hugs to you all xx
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Living with a Crohn’s flare 😢 is so hard! My heart goes out to all those who suffer with it 💗
At 5:25am this morning we heard a bang then running and crying. My husband and I jumped out of bed to a trail of liquid poo and mucus. Mason sat on the toilet crying and screaming ‘it’s burning’ (he had pulled his pj bottoms down and all the mess had gone over his legs, he has crohns related red blotches on his legs which were stinging due to the poo).
Mess on bed, floor, toilet and all over the bottom half of Mason. Husband in charge of stripping the bed, cleaning the floor while I desperately try to gently clean his legs whilst he is on the toilet. Then when he was finally finished at 6:15am I put him in the shower.
Oh FT, your poor poor boy. Its heartbreaking for him. Such an awful, horrible disease. I'm hoping things improve soon. Lots of love xxx
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to read about your latest episode. Mason is being so brave and I really hope he starts to see an improvement very soon.
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all again so, so much. He spent the day yesterday snuggled under his duvet on the sofa or on the toilet. Still asleep yet so I am hopeful for a better day today 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

My heart breaks as I read this for Mason and you. I have Crohn's it's hard enough as an adult. I have no words of wisdom, no special ideas to help, just my thoughts for Mason. I pray that his medics can get him stabilised soon
Xxx
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List