Old 4 Feb 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

'Going the Distance' June 2017 - Day 7 - Epcot + Hollywood Studios

Friday 16th June

Day 7

Index: 'Going the Distance - June 2017

I was up 7 this morning and took yet another lovely photo from the pool deck whilst having my morning cup of tea. I wish I could do this every morning at home as it made it so much easier to get up out of bed but unfortunately it’s been like 20 degrees colder and rainy here recently :’)

Chris was up at 7:10 and after another photo in the hallway mirrors showing off my Snow White inspired outfit we were on our way to Epcot at 8:15 and arrived at 8:30am.

It was such a lovely sunny morning and we took lots of photos whilst we were on our way to queue with the masses to get in.
I would have lovely to have had one of the leave a legacy photos – it’s such a good idea I bet people with them love going to have a look when they visit.

We also had a photopass photo with Spaceship Earth in the background whilst it wasn’t busy as I was sure this would be a popular location later.

We then situated ourselves in the fray where people were taking sides depending on if they were going to do the test track, frozen or soarin’ run. We had fastpasses for Test Track later in the day (continue for more on this…) and for Frozen another evening so we would be doing a lovely fast walk to Soarin’.

This was the situation at 8:44:

And At 8:54 we were off! I honestly thought I was going to lose Chris at some point as he was doing a really good fast walk weaving in between people that me and my short legs were struggling with.
I did manage to snap a few photos on the way though.

I think everyone has one of these photos:

We arrived at the Land pavilion at 8:58.

Soarin’ was showing a 10 minute wait bang on 9:00am which I’m sure was the best it was going to get all day so we joined the queue and were boarding by 9:15 which we were very happy with.

I know some people don’t find this ride altogether very good but I have to say that we enjoyed it (although wished were at the front) but that we wouldn’t have wanted to queue for very long for it. I think the beauty of being ‘new’ to everything meant that we never really disliked anything and we were fairly happy with the wait times, especially for summer time.

We were out of Soarin’ at 20 past 9 and headed to Living with the Land as it was a walk on really just had to wait for a boat to come round and set off. I loved the Land Pavilion, especially the lovely balloons. It was so bright and airy.

Such an interesting ride! I know you can do a behind the scenes (seeds!) tour which we would love to do if we come again as I think it would be really interesting and I’ve heard good reviews on here!
Lots of hidden Mickeys to see here too. And massive fruit and veg!

We left the Land Pavilion at 9:45 and sat on a bench outside to eat a snack of bananas which I think was probably the single healthiest thing we ate all holiday. We had only shared a muffin in the morning so were getting peckish.

We also saw some Disney ducks, although I don’t think they were too interested in our bananas.

At 10:04 we headed for Spaceship earth as our fast pass window had opened at 9:30. We were on the ride by 10:08 and shaping our future.

We put our fast passes early in the morning as we were planning to try and fit in a 4th/do world showcase in the afternoon.
I loved this mural! Really detailed, I think it’s all the details which really make the parks special.

Chris answered this question. I’m a ‘everything but the kitchen sink’ kinda girl. :P

Our futures looked good, or at least we looked very happy and I enjoyed listening to Judi Dench’s voice as I think she’s one of those people who have a lovely voice.

Our next fasspass was Figment at 10:30 but we popped into Club Cool first for some aircon and to sample the drinks. We obviously tired the Beverly which we didn’t HATE but it wasn’t enjoyable and it was swiftly followed by some Fanta from Greece.

At 10:40 we were getting on Figment, the queue was basically non-existent for both standby and fastpass. Another cute ride! These rides always feel really nostalgic to me.

There are some interactive type kids games as you exit that I had to have a go of

By the time we got off it was almost time for our Test Track fastpass but unfortunately it was down. We decided to start our walk around the World Showcase and keep checking for when it came back up.
We decided to start with Canada and go anti-clockwise as Mary and Alice were due to meet in the UK around 11-11:30.

I liked the totem poles of the Canada pavilion and we enjoyed looking in all the shops around World Showcase.

We arrived in the UK at 11:05 and decided to find the spot that Mary Poppins does her meet as she was due to be starting soon. She meets in the little square at the back of the shops.

The UK pavilion is very cute and reminds me of my family holidays when I was younger in the Cotswolds, Devon etc, in other words nothing like where I live in Manchester :’)

We joined the short queue to meet Mary and at 11:20 I was meeting her. She was practically perfect in every way. I adore her outfit it’s so pretty. I could never get away with wearing something so white – I spill things. We talked about her day and where Jane and Michael were (with Bert apparently).

Chris took this photo of me in the square which I love.

We then headed round to the thatch cottage to meet Alice who was coming out at 11:30. There was a bit more of a queue here but it still only look 7 minutes. Alice was funny and loud. We organised a tea party, and she stated that she had only beleived 5 impossible things before her breakfast today.

We were getting peckish again now and decided to share some fish and chips and a drink. Chris was appalled to find out the chippy did not serve curry sauce :’) Chris also bought a pint of Boddingtons from the Rose And Crown which I’m sure cost something ridiculous like $9.
I felt very Snow White-esque with all the animals surrounding us at the eating area although I’m sure they were only there for the leftover food :P

The fish and chips were really nice! Not a massive portion but as we were planning on another quick service further round the showcase we knew it would be enough to keep us going.

The view across World Showcase on the bridge from the UK to France has such a good view. I took some photos and managed to convince Chris to have a selfie where he doesn’t pull a daft face :P

I then took some arty looking photos in France. I took my dad’s DSLR and although I did use it a few times and the photos were lovely it was bloody heavy especially in the heat.

Such a poser

It was then necessary to partake in a grey goose slush as I had heard so much on the Dibb about these.

Wow – very nice. We shared it but I reckon we could have had a few of these each :P But not at $10.75

The “Serveur Amusant” acrobats were performing at this time so we watched whilst having our drink. They were very talented and very funny. All the little goings on around the World Showcase really make Epcot, I thought it had a really good vibe.

We then headed round to Morocco which was stunning! The lovely tiles, fountain and hidden buildings gave it a lot of character. I know that the pavilions are abit cliché but I loved them! More photos ahead!

I bought a little lamp in one of the shops total $20.22 which is now sat on what I call my ‘Disney Shelf’ at home.

We then joined what was quite a long queue to meet Jasmine. Think it was about 20 mins in the end but I was glad I met her even though she wasn’t my favourite. We agreed to go on a double date with her and Aladdin although we haven’t gotten round to it yet funnily enough

Next on the agenda was more food. We had heard/read good things about the quick service in Morocco so decided to share the "Shawarma Chicken and Lamb Platter" -served with a side of Hummus, Tabouleh, and Tangierine Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan Bread.

We loved this - super yummy, full of flavour and a really good portion size which was great for sharing. Cost was $15.97.

It was now 1:30 and I wanted to double back to France to meet Princess Aurora but when we got there the cast member informed us that there was lightning in the area and the Princess wouldn’t be joining us. So instead we carried on round the showcase. The sky was starting to look rather threatening.

It started to rain just as we got to Japan so we dived in the shops which inevitably led to me buying a pick a pearl. I’m just blaming the weather here for my crazy spending habits here There was quite a wait to pick the pearl as I think everyone else was in here escaping the rain too

My pearl was lovely though and I enjoyed the cheesy counting in Japanese although I had seen the 3 people before me go through the same thing so I was a pro when it came to my turn I got a lovely cage on a necklace for it and I actually gifted it to my mum as a gift because she liked it. Total cost $57.41 in total + $10 for the pearl.

The drummers were out when we left and the rain had begun to slow so we continued with our trip around the world.

I’m going to be honest and say we kind of rushed the next few bits of the showcase as it was approaching 14:15 and I wanted to meet Snow White at 14:30. We knew we would be coming back another day so were confident we could cover the bits we skimmed then. We couldn’t go past the USA without buying an American Dream slush/ice cream as this was another of my must-try’s. Did not disappoint, nice and cool and full of sugar!

Again we skimmed Italy..

and arrived in Germany at 14:20 in time to join the (largue) queue for Snow White. It started to drizzle again and I was worried the meet was going to get called off but luckily it didn’t. She came out at 14:30 but we didn’t make it to the front until 14:45. I her, she’s perfect. My favourite princess, and one of my most watched Disney films when I was a child. Chris joined in for a photo too, I think he must have liked her .

We then carried around the rest of the showcase passing through China, Norway and Mexico. Again we didn’t really do this justice. It was 14:50 when we left Germany and I think we were keen to get back to the villa and have a little rest. We had a quick look in the shops at each of the Pavilions – and I ear marked a return to Mexico for a sugar skull.

We popped into Mouse gear, the little pin stall and then to Art of Disney. I bought two pins to add to the camera strap, of Mary Poppins and Snow White very appropriate for this day.

In Mouse Gear I bought a snow globe of sorcerer Mickey. The lady wrapped it up with bubble wrap etc so I will show you a google picture:

He lives on my ‘Disney Shelf’ with my Britto and the lamp from the Morocco Pavillian although I had to glue his head back on as my case was searched on the way back and things were thrown all over the shop . Chris bought a Goofy hat – which you will see later.

In Art of Disney I put in a request for one of the artists to sketch two pictures for me of Pinocchio and Jiminy. We spent quite abit of time talking to the artist whilst he was doing other work and he was so lovely.

We eventually left at 4pm – we were in Art of Disney for some time and headed back to the villa.

Chris made carbonara for tea and we relaxed for a while. It was so good to rest our feet and a quick dip in the pool really refreshed us.

We were fast becoming half a day park people already as it really was so tiring walking round from rope drop to 4pm :’)

Chris also did some ridiculous modelling of his goofy hat with another hat on top. I have no idea why he did this and don’t even want to speculate.

We headed to Hollywood Studios and arrived at 19:30. The main objective was to watch Fantasmic but we thought we might be able to squeeze in a ride before.

We had some photopass photos taken on the way up towards the Chinese theatre. Chris was still sporting his double hat setup I was wearing my villians ears and skirt.

We headed up towards the Chinese theatre where some stormtroopers were interrogating people/keeping the peace.

Star tours was only 20mins so we thought we would do that before Fantasmic (which we had a fastpass for although I don’t think you really need it).

The theming of the Star Wars area is so good! I can only imagine how good that will be when its open although I can see it being crazy busy initially.

We loved Star Tours and found it super immersive although I think it gave us both a little bit of a fuzzy head. Didn’t stop us going on it again on our Hollywood Studios day though…

It was 8 o’clock so we headed over to Sunset Boulevard which was looking lovely

I was very excited to ride tower of terror the next week. We spent a little bit on time in the shops etc before going to the amphitheatre at 8:15 to take our seats for Fantasmic.

Chris went to buy us some popcorn and also came back with a beer for himself. He didn’t keep a receipt but I think the popcorn buckets are around $10 and you can refill them for a discount at any of the popcorn places around Disney.

Oh it was so lovely! I didn’t really take many photos just of the main boat with the characters. I was impressed with how much effort it must take to do this every night and I love all the Disney films featured. I especially liked that Pocahontas had a decent length feature as I feel it isn’t a film that is appreciated as much as it should be.

Due to technical difficulties the show had to be stopped for 10 mins or so and re-started. This meant that the Star Wars fireworks started going off towards the end and there were many many people trying to leave the park at the same time.

We were home by 10:30 which was great, it was pure chaos getting out of the car park though, crazy queues!

We were also excited for the lie in we were allowing ourselves the day after too .

Steps: 11,657
Distance: 8.3km

Thanks for reading!

Day 8 is HERE!

Edited at 09:15 PM.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh this sounds like a fab day. Morning in Epcot, afternoon around world showcase meeting the princesses and you squeezed in the slushy, then evening at HS. You managed to do 2 of my favourites today, ride figment and see fantasmic! Awesome day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh this sounds like a fab day. Morning in Epcot, afternoon around world showcase meeting the princesses and you squeezed in the slushy, then evening at HS. You managed to do 2 of my favourites today, ride figment and see fantasmic! Awesome day!
Thanks for reading! I loved fantasmic thought it was such a good show. Busy day though we were glad for abit of a rest on the Saturday after two busy park days!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Your Epcot photos are fab, I absolutely love world showcase, looking at them all made me so excited about our upcoming trip. I usually only tale photos with us all in them but I think I'm going to try for a few more scenic ones having looked at yours
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Your Epcot photos are fab, I absolutely love world showcase, looking at them all made me so excited about our upcoming trip. I usually only tale photos with us all in them but I think I'm going to try for a few more scenic ones having looked at yours
Have a lovely trip! ❤️ Thank you for reading.
I like scenic photos and chris isn’t a huge photo person so I have lots of scenic pics.
Old 6 Mar 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Omg that skirt! Where did you get it, it is incredible!
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Omg that skirt! Where did you get it, it is incredible!
Red bubble!
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You look so different without your glasses on!

I’m always so jealous of people who can do entire days in the park, I just don’t have that kind of stamina.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a fab day! So pleased you got to meet Snow White 😊 Very impressed that you managed some home cooking, I'm too lazy for that on holiday ☺️
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You look so different without your glasses on!

I’m always so jealous of people who can do entire days in the park, I just don’t have that kind of stamina.
I know I always do! I'm not used to seeing myself without glasses really. I wear them all day at work and also when I'm driving etc. And I have prescription sunglasses and the transition/light ones so I'm covered for every situation :')

Full days in the parks are tiring. I loved having a break!

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
What a fab day! So pleased you got to meet Snow White 😊 Very impressed that you managed some home cooking, I'm too lazy for that on holiday ☺️
Me too I love Snow White.
We only cooked evening meal twice and cooked breakfast once really. The rest of the time it was snacks in the villa. I love eating out on holiday!